Is Suzuki ready to enter LCV segment ?

As all we know current Indian auto industry is not in a good phase where it had faced severe losses and decrease in new sales.
Though this news is not official we can expect Suzuki to launch its new LCV in Indian market later this year.Recently Suzuki has introduced a new carrier Suzuki Carrier in Japan.It has stated that it will be available at a price tag of 4.5lakhs and will be powered by loads of features.
Unnamed Official from Suzuki told that it will be powered by Fiat's multijet diesel engine
and the new mini truck will have a tough steel body and chassis.The front looks good with Clear lens headlamps,wider grille and a larger secondary air dam.As most of the truckslacks safety features This Suzuki mini truck had dual airbags and ABS.
The company has said that it will launxh i lt with two wheelbase configurations and its weight will have a range of 680kg to 740 kg.On technical side, it will be powered by a 660cc engine and producing a power of 50PS and a torque of 63Nm.The suzuki carrier will be available either in 3speed transmission gearbox or 5speed gearbox with a option to have 2WD or 4WD.
All these were technical specs of Suzuki Carrier in Japan.We can hope major specs dont vary with Indian version.

Can we expect it in mear future¿

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Not all Suzuki two wheelers are a success in india.

lets see how it fares with LCVs. chances are 50-50
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    The indian two wheeler market was completely ruled hero honda for the past one decade but Suzuki is a world acclaimed race bike manufacturer.
    I will go with 70-30 chances for suzuki to capture mini truck market as Tata and mahindra are the only leading manufacturers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI friends, I completed my B.E (Electronics and Instrumentation) in 2011.But currently i have a experience of 2 yrs in software field.Now i m planning to do my MS in...
hi...can anybody explain the difference between atmel 89c52 and 89s52...
can someone please suggest a few companies that provide internship for 50-60 days??
A student built drone boat is plowing a lonely furrow across the daunting Atlantic. It can be tracked live as it continuously broadcasts its doings. https://www.fastcolabs.com/3016592/a...gn=Feed:+fastcompany/headlines+(Fast+Company)
A bunch of rare Steve Jobs Videos to tease your thinking buds to bloom: https://www.fastcolabs.com/3015391/seven-rare-steve-jobs-videos-that-show-how-to-think-different