Is it professional to make a portfolio on a free hosting site?

I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I'm a recent graduate with a CSE degree & I'm thinking of making myself a portfolio that visitors can have a look at to find all the work I have done.
I was thinking of making my portfolio initially on a free hosting site like Hostinger.in and then giving it a proper domain like ".com" or ".in" once I started getting recognized in my field.
But someone told me it wouldn't look professional to have some "myname.xyz.en" as my portfolio website even as a fresher & that future employers might not even visit the site just seeing the name. Is that true?
Do I really have to shell out 3K & get myself a ".com" or ".in" just to get noticed?

Thank You for your time!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Arijit Banerjee
    Do I really have to shell out 3K & get myself a ".com" or ".in" just to get noticed?
    Regular domains aren't that costly. You should be able to get a .com at max for Rs. 600/year. GoDaddy has offers round the year so you should be able to get it a LOT cheaper. If not go for .info domain which is available for just about Rs. 299/year.

You surely can skip a dinner with friends to buy the domain.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Indeed. I am not sure where you got the information that you need 3K for domain and hosting. You can get away with Rs.99. Look here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HTC has launched One X9 smartphone meant for city-smart users, which is expected to cost around INR 25,990. The company has also launched HTC 10, a HTC desire series device...
A refurbished mid-range car for regular use has been placed under the spotlight with some modern modifications by Hyundai Motor India Limited. The “new thinking” company has reworked on their...
A team of astronomers have discovered a giant exoplanet near a young star, expected size of which is about 8 planets like Jupiter put together. This is one of the...
The recent craze in Robotic Bugs have increasingly gone viral and with modern technologies available near reach, tech maniacs are engaging themselves in building more sophisticated tools as per requirement,...
At the national meeting of CAST or China Association for Science and Technology, a team of scientists from China have declared that they are all set to launch a Quantum...