Is It Possible To Use More Than One Version Of GCC ?

I have currently enabled testing and multilib testing repo and thus my GCC is updated to 5.1.0
Problem is some of programs can't be compiled with optimizations enabled. Is there anyway to use two versions of GCC in one system (5.1.0 & < 5.0.0) and switch as per my like ? like we do in python ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Never mind, found the solution.
    However, I have to make changes in all my pkgbuild now :/ :/
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    I am guessing, we need to install at different paths manually and set the path each time we want to use, however, please share the solution/link so that other may also be benefited. 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    rahul69
    I am guessing, we need to install at different paths manually and set the path each time we want to use, however, please share the solution/link so that other may also be benefited. 😀
    MAN page ftw! GCC Frequently Asked Questions- GNU Project
    I hate this method tho, there should be something like 'gcc -select' to switch to other versions, like we do for Java 😛
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    It seems that I am late to reply here.
    I too came across the same method,
    I agree that it is very cumbersome if you need to switch every time.

I need to try if this configuration can be a part of make file or similar

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it better to learn softwares like (autocad,catia,solidworks) from first year of mechanical engineering
hey guys i need some suggestions on web based technology for mini project.. plz reply asap! Thank you
A lot of computer engineering students, graduates and even working professionals send us email asking for future and scope for java developers and programmers. The main aim of their question...
The Chinese phone maker Xiaomi, popularly known as the the 'Apple' of China, is building the next flagship - Mi5. While the company is closely guarding the hardware and software...
Hi everyone, i hope you all are fine.. I want to know any online electronic components sites having surplus of all components and others related products.. Thanx in advance..