Is it possible to use a microntroller and a graphic lcd screen to display pictures?

Hello to all, I am a newbie and I stumbled upon this site. Ok now for the 100 million dollar question. Is it possible to use a microntroller and a graphic lcd screen to display pictures. I know this sounds pretty newbie but my son wanted me to help him build a photo displayer for a science project and the trick to it is it has to be as cheap as possible . Thanks for any and all help or suggestions

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Is it possible to use a microntroller and a graphic lcd screen to display picture

Hey there.. I'm not that experienced in this kinda stuff, but stumbled upon this link about using an AVR (RISC) microcontroller to display an output to a VGA monitor. Im not too sure whether it's compatible with an LCD monitor.

Simple VGA/Video adapter with ATmega AVR

I think with a LCD panel, theres an extra level of sophistication cause it has it's own video controller. This project sounds interesting though. What is your son going to use as the memory to store the photos? Some kind of flash storage?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Re: Is it possible to use a microntroller and a graphic lcd screen to display picture

wow, buddy Im with you. I am experienced in a little of tit-bit of electronics but getting to interface a mc and a LCD is on my 'ToDo' list!

ash is correct, it does involve an extra level of sophistication, and before you get into this level, you have to go through the basics too. Like interfacing a microcontroller and programming it etc.

There is no simple way, albeit a cheap one - maybe. But if you and your son like to spend a few months learning something exciting (for now doing something simple for this year's science fair) then go ahead and buy yourself a microcontroller kit.

The link here get you to a site which gives you the kit to interface a LCD screen.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁hey crazy engineers!! i'm new to this forum and new to the dept of electrical & electronics.. pls help me out... how do i get started with this forum?
Hello friendz, i am having a problem on how to increase the range of a particular antennae. how much does it cost for an antinnae of 1 km range. I...
CEans, As we say, we got to turn the right screws to make the world a better place to live. Imagination combined with technical knowledge can do wonders. We are...
chakde anyone?? have heard loads about it but havent watched it yet. whats say people ? should i take some time out for it?😛
Hi, I have the gerbers for a single board computer,to be released for manufacturing.There are a few (20-30) system bus tracks from the processor to the RAM. Should these tracks,which...