Is It Possible To Obtain Image Hex Value From Wallpaper/Picture ?

I like the new theme by OpenSuse Harlequin. Is it possible to obtain Hex value from the image ?

snapshot1
I would like to obtain image hex value of the green (or whatever color it is) shade. How to obtain it ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    I like the new theme by OpenSuse Harlequin. Is it possible to obtain Hex value from the image ?

snapshot1
    I would like to obtain image hex value of the green (or whatever color it is) shade. How to obtain it ?
    You mean you want to pick the color hex value right?
    If yes then you can import this image in photoshop and choose paint tool and click on this image it will give you hex value of that color.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In any image editor, just use color picker.
    Here is instruction for GIMP
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    Import into photoshop and use color picker tool to get the hex value
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any freeware color-picker tool will do the job for you. But I'm making an assumption that you just want to pick the color of any specific spot on the image.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am not purchasing Photoshop for such simple stuff, plus PS is not even supported for my system.

I tried it with Gimp as Anoop mentioned & it worked, but then I tried it with Krita & it was way more simpler.
    But again I will prefer web-app for such simple task.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You could use any of the browser add-ons for this task. ColorZilla seems to be a popular choice.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am not purchasing Photoshop for such simple stuff, plus PS is not even supported for my system.

I tried it with Gimp as Anoop mentioned & it worked, but then I tried it with Krita & it was way more simpler.
    But again I will prefer web-app for such simple task.
    If you use Inkscape and GIMP combination there is no required for any other tool.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Here you go - Online web color picker. Just upload your image 😀
    HTML Colors from Image

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now @Anoop Mathew and others of his tribe will go to town with this in their hands! Quote: Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis have developed the world’s fastest...
An exciting update for everyone interested in buying CrazyEngineers Hoodies - we've crossed the threshold of pre-orders (minimum number of pre-orders required) to get the hoodies manufactured! All this means...
Quote: The inaugural IHS Engineering360 “Pulse of Engineering” research survey reveals three key challenges facing engineers and allied professionals almost everywhere in the world: appropriate skill levels and expertise, adequate...
Quote: Today, engineering entrepreneurs are changing the world at an unprecedented speed. The slight irony is that, in this age of unprecedented technology driven change, in the UK the main...
The attempt to land a robot on a comet by the European Space Agency is not just finding a meagre 4 kilometer rock in the immensity of space but landing...