Is It a Car or an iPad? Tesla Model S Teardown

Quote:
Everyone knows that Tesla Motors Inc. doesn’t do things the same way as other automakers.

However, the company’s unique approach to automaking runs far deeper than the Model S’s electric drivetrain, battery packs and futuristic body. In fact, the company’s unconventional approach extends all the way down to the electronics behind the car’s infotainment and instrumentation systems, according to the Teardown Analysis Service at IHS Technology.

A physical dissection of the Model S reveals that in terms of design, components and manufacturing, these user-oriented subsystems have more in common with a tablet or smartphone than they do with a conventional automobile.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sabbathi
    sabbathi
    👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am final year computer science student. I am interested to do project in Java/.NET alone OR combined with web development. Kindly suggest some new ideas.
Quote: This project began with a free Razor Pocket Mod Scooter found on the side of the road. Although it didn't run, the frame was in good shape. I decided...
Hamza Immurana submitted a new project: Design a simple Inverter to be used by a solar panel - I want help on the components used for the inverter This inverter...
Hamza Immurana submitted a new project: How can a camera transmit the images it has taken - I need a plan on how to go about the transmitting the images...
I wrote the following code to make an AJAX post request to a function in my controller, $.ajax({ url:"{{ URL::route('res_data') }}", type:"POST", data:{candidate:{{ json_encode($name)}}, ans : ans_array, stamps: timestamp,set:{{ $ques[0]->setnumber...