Is Flipkart loosing the grip?

So, I stumble upon an article today, stating how flipkart screwed the poor guy up.....

#-Link-Snipped-#

Now, the exact same thing happened to my room-mate too. He ordered a phone, they didn't deliver it for 2 weeks, then they cancelled the order. Some might say that these things happen with online shopping, but you don't expect it from flipkart. The only reason they are in the market is because people (read Indians) trust them. Amazon can afford to have such issues, as they are too big to be affected. But what about flipkart? Can they survive with their new tactics? Or is it just an awfully wrong gone case of trying to copy amazon?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On the contrary, there are so many 'exceptional' stories of Flipkart's services, but they don't make it to the mainstream. I'd say - every process will have issues. There have been faulty iPhones too - and Apple continued to grow.

I'd say for every 'goof-up', there are 100x success stories. Flipkart should ensure that the disgruntled customers should be treated specially to make them more comfortable with the service. Flipkart will die, if it's going to, for other reasons; not for their customer service for sure.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its very sensational news.In our hostel students order books,pendrive,hdd,etc but there are some cases where some parts not working and they delay in replacing with bad customer service.Some of my friends avoid online shopping due to their bad experiences.
    Should Flipkart step in action to survive this competent world?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On the contrary, there are so many 'exceptional' stories of Flipkart's services, but they don't make it to the mainstream. I'd say - every process will have issues. There have been faulty iPhones too - and Apple continued to grow.

I'd say for every 'goof-up', there are 100x success stories. Flipkart should ensure that the disgruntled customers should be treated specially to make them more comfortable with the service. Flipkart will die, if it's going to, for other reasons; not for their customer service for sure.
    Flipkart service "used" to be quite good and frankly I never heard anything against them until now. May be, as the article says, it's not possible to have a private inventory. If you are dealing with third party sellers, these things are bound to happen. Their reputation is at stake, I wish they start concentrating on their customer care service soon!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Its not only an issue with Flipkart. Issues happen everywhere. In a recent incident, a friend of mine was getting a better laptop at a rate 5-6k cheaper from Flipkart, the only reason not to make purchase was, "Online? Meh.. screw it. Cant trust"
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    One more thing about online retailing I enjoyed their service and If my need is not really urgent and I have a week to spare they are the best and I would root for it

Flipkart is one Giant I can't walk away from any time
    But improvements is needed to make it even better

The rate of improvement in them is slower and it is finding harder to manage the customer load
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Flipkart has some excellent qualities if we see it that way. Sometimes in a greed of some rare issues, they spoil their name. Talk about that guy mentioned in the earlier post, for a gain of 400-500 bucks, we made this thread here and at least 300 people viewed it. And judged Flipkart as bad when in reality it was a simple issue to be handled in the first place.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I woudnt have posted it, if the same case hadn't happened with my room-mate. And there have been a lot of cases like this recently. I believe everybody here is a fan of flipkart, but their urge of matching up with Amazon is just pushing them back. I know for a fact that they have become too desperate since the launch of Amazon(One of my friends works there). I just don't like the way they are breaking the trust of the people.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whats the starting point of making a new operating system,languages which may be useful in doing so, some useful links,ebooks or book sources to start off?
Basically i am not from this discipline and just wanted to ask this simply. if the question makes no sense..i am sorry.. but is there are any difficulties in changing...
Technovanza is the annual Techno-management festival organised by VJTI. The objective of Technovanza is to take Technology to the society.Technovanza is the platform for students to apply the theoretical knowledge...
There is always a question making me to think again and again that whether the pricing done by Branded companies seems justified or not.Consider companies like Apple,Htc,Audi,Mercedes benz,Rolls Royce and...
Hi! I would like to know the exact difference between an error detector and a comparator.