Is Capacitor a Unilateral or Bilateral Device?

Is Capacitor a Unilateral or Bilateral Device ?
If Unilateral then why +'ve & -'ve terminals ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Da Vinci
    Is Capacitor a Unilateral or Bilateral Device ?
    Do you mean polarized?
    Electrolytic capacitors have anodic oxide coating that works as a dielectric. This is self repairing and will function only when the electrode with the film ( foil or sintered pellet) is positive. If reverse polarized electrolytic action will destroy the dielectric Non electrolytic capacitors (like paper capacitors) have an independent dielectric and are non polarized.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please be patient to read. So i have done mechanical engineering from a not so good collage with not so good grades due to whatever reasons. I am seeing nowadays...
Quote: "The fact is, intelligence can be increased—and quite dramatically," writes behavior-analytic psychologist Bryan Roche of the National University of Ireland in Psychology Today. "Those who claim that IQ is...
Hello there! I'd a doubt that why i cannot quote someone's quote? like this See the above picture, how many times i can quote someone's. But cant do in CEan...
GoPro, the brand leader in action cameras has launched the Hero+, the $199.99 (Rs. 13,250) action camera with wireless connectivity. In the recent past you could get a GoPro Hero...
Indian smartphone brand iBall has announced the launch of yet another mid-budget smartphone that runs Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and comes powered with a 1GHz Quad Core processor (A53 chip)....