iPhone 6 and 6 Plus price in India justified?

I guess you all might have googled iphone prices in India. As seen on eBay India, the current pricing [For the Models Ready to Buy] is Rs.79,999 for #-Link-Snipped-# and Rs.1,28,000 for #-Link-Snipped-#.

1. Is this price justifiable?

2. How many of you would like to even own this device?

3. What is the company trying to gain by giving out such insane prices for an enlarged iPhone experience as seem on many reviews on YouTube?

P.S.: The official launch for iPhone will begin by October 17th 2014 in India. These prices could vary by 17th October 2014.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I thought it's somewhere in the Rs. ~60K range. I think 1,28,000 for iPhone 6 Plus is completely justified because it has a phone too and can run whatsapp and FB...

PS: OnePlus One! FTW!
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Ah! Another iShit in the town. Not really surprised with the prices though. Apple is here to stay. With the number of riches increasing, I guess it'll find many buyers who thinks of it as a fashion/status icon rather than a smartphone(or a gadget for that sake).
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The prices on ebay are like that everytime an iPhone is launched. The dubious sellers on ebay procure the handset from abroad and then sell them to indian customers at ridiculous prices. This happened the last time too with the iPhone 5S as #-Link-Snipped-# points out in this article below.
    Apple iPhone 5S Price In India Is Rs. 1 Lakh At The Grey Market - Worth It, Folks?
    The weirdest thing is that 11 folks have bought the iPhone 6 Plus at these rates. 😲. I can think of better ways to spend this kind of moolah.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ahem..

BlackBerry Passport..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders begin in India from tomorrow on Amazon.

Here's the data from the official pricing announcement -

Apple iPhone 6

16 GB - Rs. 53,500
    64 GB - Rs. 62,500
    128 GB - Rs. 71,500

Apple iPhone 6 Plus

16 GB - Rs. 62,500
    64 GB - Rs. 71,500
    128 GB - Rs. 80,500

What do you guys think about that? 😲
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ankita Katdare
    What do you guys think about that? 😲
    Nothing much, except don't make the sales Flipkart exclusive 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course one should spend Rs.80.5K on 128 GB iPhone Plus because you can.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course one should spend Rs.80.5K on 128 GB iPhone Plus because you can.
    Of course one should spend Rs.80.5K on 128 GB iPhone Plus because you can...."drums rolling"....- BEND IT!!! taadaaaaaaaa....(figuratively bends that piece of crap!) 😡😡😡

P.S.: Waiting for Galaxy Alpha series and the likes to change things a little more for the better *fingers crossed*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the record's sake, I'm waiting for platinum plated iPhone so that I can send whatsapp messages effectively and more efficiently.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

when i tried to download some videos in youtube using idm.. it showed error as shown in the picture.. what can be the solution to it... someone please help!
We're happy to announce that the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts are back in stock. The batch III sales will begin pretty soon; and we've some exciting news to share with you- The...
I'm in search for a portable power bank / Travel charger for my Lumia 520 . The requirement are as follows: 1. Must be 3000 mAh or more 2. Should...
Travelling back in time to the year 2007, LG has resurrected the clamshell aka flip phone design with the LG Wine Smart. Unlike Samsung’s smart flip phone range which have...
Researchers at Dartmouth College have successfully developed and tested an Android app which harvests livelogging data to gauge a student’s stress levels and its effect on academic performance and behaviour....