iPhone 5C Price In India Doesn't Look Cheap At All

When rumours and leaks of the iPhone 5C began to surface, people in countries like India and China were quite excited. Everyone was hoping that Apple has finally paid attention to the two most populated countries in the world with a cheap iPhone. People had hoped that Apple would somehow manage to keep the price between 20,000 to 25,000 rupees, but it was not supposed to happen. Sure, if you live in the US the phone comes in 16GB and 32 GB variants on a two year contract from a service provider for $99 (6,309 INR) and $199 (12,683 INR) respectively. But the unlocked retail versions in US have been priced at $549 (Rs 36,500) and $649 (Rs 43,000). Now keep in mind, the Indian prices will be slightly higher than these prices. So as it may look brands like Samsung, Micromaxx and Karbonn are here to stay as they offer Android smartphones at much cheaper rates.

iPhone 5C
Contract Free Prices
Now even though the prices might have put you off by now, it’s no harm of going through what the iPhone 5C has to offer. Like most ‘cheap’ yet premium phones this one has been made out of polycarbonate resin and is available in 5 colours. The screen is a 4-inch retina display with 1136x640 pixel resolution. Underneath the hood, you find Apple’s A6 chipset and 1GB of RAM. Your photographic needs will be taken care of with an 8MP rear autofocus camera with flash and 1.2 MP front camera. In terms of connectivity, you have Wi-Fi with AirPlay, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS and GLONASS. The only solace, the phone will run the latest iOS 7 out-of-the-box. Apple has also made sure that you do not rely on aftermarket covers and has decided to give you seven “separately sold” colourful silicon rubber cases which cost you $29 (1,847 INR) each.

Now after having a look at the features, will you still go for it? Let us know in the comment section below.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Get Cheap phone at INR. 40,000/- 😲.
    These phones are look like cheap lumia phones.

Just saw the official youtube video of iPhone 5C, they have disabled the comment😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am not a mad man to go for this so called " branded " company's peoducts.Specs look decent but for this high price tag I could get a good phone with fully loaded features.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are these guys insane? I mean if I've to spend 40K+, I'd rather buy a Galaxy Note III. That device looks a lot better to me now. 😳
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    man!!!!! instead of buying this one i would probably go for a iphone 4s which is pretty much good in its looks and its overall performance.
  • LalitJivnani
    LalitJivnani
    Even i was desperately waiting for iphone 5c but the price really embarrassed me.
    Rumors are there that like US,we will also have contract system in India for some specific carriers which will cost us low but still not sure about that.

Hope this rumors turn into reality.
    Wish India luck for the iphone.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    If $549 is cheap then I will get cheaper gadget "MOTO-X" for $599 rather than this Japanese school girl's phone 😁
  • Swagatam M
    Swagatam M
    I would rather say "Wish iPhone luck for India."
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    If $549 is cheap then I will get cheaper gadget "MOTO-X" for $599 rather than this Japanese school girl's phone 😁
    Japanese or Chinese?

I was expecting the 5c to be priced at about Rs. 15000. There's one possibility though. Iphone my get launched via a telecom operator. I doubt that will work though. Let's face it guys, the iDevices won't be cheaper in India. Add the falling value of rupees to the trouble.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Some one already got hands on new iPhone 5C 😯

BT2eeJ2CMAEsBH2
    courtesy @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Apple is heading no where what is the point of having a cheaper phone for 600$ anyways

Wish a magic man like Jobs come on top of it soon or else we might have another mobile giant buy off real soon
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Japanese or Chinese
    Japs, because it seriously looks like Jap school-girl's phone with those different color covers. Especially that Green & Pink color made me giggle.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    These people are just insane, who would love a phone like this spending like 40k..

Man! They ruined all the excitement.

ianoop
    Get Cheap phone at INR. 40,000/- they have disabled the comment😁
    Just because they already know, there video would get all negative comments.

Kaustubh Katdare
    Add the falling value of rupees to the trouble.
    Yeah, I agree to this.
  • avii
    avii
    LOL, care to explain why it has to be cheap ? It's an apple product, they are always overpriced.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    It’s now iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c Arrive in Italy, Russia, Spain & More Than 25 Countries on Friday, October 25 | Business Wire, the iPhone 5S and 5C will arrive in India on November 1st. Apple has not given the pricing details but that will vary from operator to operator. While the service provider will give you some discounted price you have to shell out a couple more for the unlocked ones. We will keep you updated about the prices as soon as they are available.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I always amazed by the cost price of different waters.(mineral water/RO water/UV treated water).What does the mineral water composed of?Is it safe going for UV treated water,RO rather than mineral...
The brand new iPhone 5S isn't a big shot upgrade over the iPhone 5, but it does have something, I'd say 'innovative' - the Touch ID. As rumored, it's your...
More often than not, the All India Radio is getting used to being in news with its new features and offers. A few months back we heard about the Android...
ASUS or ASUSTeK Computer Inc, the Taiwanese multinational, is all geared up to launch the new version of ASUS Padfone Infinity. With the invites now sent for the press event,...
Is there any relay which can be programmed to work under certain voltage, current or load range? For example, voltage range from 0V to 10V, the relay deactivates while voltage...