Inviting new innovative ideas for technical events

Hey guys, i m Sharad pursuing MECH Engg in DCE. We are organising a technical fest in our college so i want some new ideas for d events in tech fest .. Do reply !!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    INCOGNITO
    Hey guys, i m Sharad pursuing MECH Engg in DCE. We are organising a technical fest in our college so i want some new ideas for d events in tech fest .. Do reply !!
    CEans, fire up your brains! 😁

I'll post if something pops up in my mind. I hope that the tech fest is not over yet 😀

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What usually goes on a tech fest? The engineering society in my uni organizes annual Engineering Technology Exhibitions, where you have events like:
    - PC carnival/fair (basically invite PC & peripheral companies to sell their goods on the campus, hopefully at student prices. Theres also LAN gaming competitions)
    - Car drifting competitions
    - Intervarsity engineering competitions & conferences
    - Research exhibition

Theres also other non-engineering stuff like stalls for selling goods and sports games. Anywayz, overall it doesnt really get much technical.. (except maybe the intervarsity stuff as well as the exhibition) so your technical fest might be something else entirely!

Maybe if you hold robot competitions and such, it should be interesting 😉
  • mahul
    mahul
    u cd try out a junk yard war............like invite guys to set up a network of 2 computers........give participants evrythin' disassembled.......processors,hard disks etc.......u cd also put up min. system time requirements and grade on the basis of performance & set up cost,time etc. don't forget to include robotics events and u cd also include a microprocessor programming contest in which u design ur own hardware and invite the guys 2 program that 4 a specific task
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    u cd try out a junk yard war............like invite guys to set up a network of 2 computers........give participants evrythin' disassembled.......processors,hard disks etc.......u cd also put up min. system time requirements and grade on the basis of performance & set up cost,time etc. don't forget to include robotics events and u cd also include a microprocessor programming contest in which u design ur own hardware and invite the guys 2 program that 4 a specific task
    This is cool!

I really like the idea of 'Junkyard Wars'. Let the teams assemble a computer and the team that assembles the computer in minimum time wins the competition.

-The Big K-
  • mahul
    mahul
    yeah _k the real fun wd be when there r lots of varied hardware 2 choose from.this would really introduce how to bring up a configuration at minimum cost........but this wd be very difficult and costly to organize.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    yeah _k the real fun wd be when there r lots of varied hardware 2 choose from.this would really introduce how to bring up a configuration at minimum cost........but this wd be very difficult and costly to organize.
    That's right!

Judges can give the prices based on following parameters -

1. Time to build the computer.
    2. Total price.
    3. Configuration.
    4. Approach.

Maul, you just gave me an idea about an event that we can have in CE Meets! 😁 Thanks buddy!

-The Big K-
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hey incognito,
    We in our university had a different kind of Junkyard wars. We would provide the contestants with all the spare parts of a two wheeler,(Obviously old and unused ones...) and the team that assembles a two wheeler in working condition in the shortest time wins. Assmbling a two wheeler in the sense not with all those accessories. Only the engine and two wheels and some seat like thing to sit upon... It turned out to be a big success.

Or u could also try a contest in which you have to design a rocket with PET bottles like pepsi or coke bottles. Max. size allowed is 2 litres. You have to build a launcher for this and when you pump air into the bottle partially filled with water, it would fly just like a rocket. you can also impose various design constraints on the rocket. It was a crowd puller in our tech fest. I'm telling this because u are a mechanical guy, and i hope that it's an inter departmental tech fest... All the best for the fest and let us know how it went...
  • mahul
    mahul
    thanx _k.i'm looking forward to competing if u come up with that actually
  • DEP
    DEP
    INCOGNITO

hey sorry ! i posted this thread accidentally.
  • ankur verma
    ankur verma
    you can have a ballon car contest, car driven only by power of balloon,
    what about making a trebuchet using junk materials....
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    INCOGNITO

May I know your college name?
  • Tania
    Tania
    The technical organizers can conduct a robotic soccer game in which you have to build your own robot. Its very easy to make. You just need to buy a basic motor (small scaled). You can just pull out the external parts of a handy remote control car. To this you can attach steel plates or wooden planks with the help of wires. Take a bit of help from your seniors in case of any difficulty. Its pretty easy. Just try it once. It was an eye catching event in our college. Don't forget to make a mini scale soccer ground.
    😁
  • devilofwar
    devilofwar
    u can even organize a robo cricket event
    in which 2 robos are needed
    one as the bowler and the other as the batsmen
    just lay down some ground rules and enjoy the fun
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Mahul,

Excellent suggestion!
  • lavakumar
    lavakumar
    Hi!!!
    sorry. i belong to electrical branch.i was also in search of technical ideas regarding electrical.will you please consult your electrical friends to get some ideas for me?i assure that i can get some ideas for you too.............
  • SHUBHAM R. PATEL
    SHUBHAM R. PATEL
    i alsobelong to electrical branch.i was also in search of technical ideas regarding electrical.will you please consult your electrical friends to get some ideas for me?i assure that i can get some ideas for you too.............
  • saniyakilledar
    saniyakilledar
    hii ..if anybody have technical fest ideas plz do reply...for over night assignment
  • Nilesh Dumbre
    Nilesh Dumbre
    mahul
    Great idea. .
    any other suggestions?
  • Nitin Gadekar
    Nitin Gadekar
    I am organizing an intra college event and have included e rapid fire for electronic quiz, roborace, ckt designing using proteus software and simulation.
    I want more ideas which test the ability of electronics engineers
  • Kapu Gopal
    Kapu Gopal
    hello frnds iam conduct event on technical plse help me...
  • Saiteja Nuka
    Saiteja Nuka
    i want a new technical and non technical events to conduct in my clg
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kapu Gopal
    So, you want events related to electronics?
    N.Sai Teja
    i want a new technical and non technical events to conduct in my clg
    And you want events related to Civil branch?
  • yash spy
    yash spy
    heyy...i wnt some theme suggestion...plzz suggest me some themes for our college techfest...
  • Ritika Sharma
    Ritika Sharma
    Hey!! I'm from Electronics and we are going to organise a tech cum non tech fest. Please any suggestions for technical events we can include . We include all engineering dept. In it. And I was also looking forward for a catchy name for our tech fest.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kapu Gopal
    yash spy
    heyy...i wnt some theme suggestion...plzz suggest me some themes for our college techfest...
    I_believe
    Hey!! I'm from Electronics and we are going to organise a tech cum non tech fest. Please any suggestions for technical events we can include . We include all engineering dept. In it. And I was also looking forward for a catchy name for our tech fest.
    You guys can find some new ideas here:
    College Fest Event Ideas - New, Fun & Interesting Ideas Are Welcome!
  • GOWTHAMC
    GOWTHAMC
    hy. frns . i`m from MCET pollachi. we have to conduct a events in our collage. so, i need some tech., fest ideas from u. so plz rply me with ur ideas.,,,
  • Ritika Sharma
    Ritika Sharma
    Thankyou for the reply. We had already organised the fest and it was a huge success. Thanku for your co-operation.
  • Aqsa Shaikh
    Aqsa Shaikh
    Hi I'm an comp science student.....and we are organizing a technical fest....need some ideas for themes as well as for events related to it...... Please suggest some
  • sariva sharma
    sariva sharma
    sir can you suggest me some technical events for computer science
  • Piyush40
    Piyush40
    mahul
  • Piyush40
    Piyush40
    I m electrical engg. Student and I want to organise junkyard war in my college's technical events
    so i want ideas related to junkyard but we want to organise task that can be done in 1hr max 2 hrs.
    And if u can suggest task related to electrical that will be awsm.
    Pls help me
  • Naiyer Shaikh
    Naiyer Shaikh

guys i want to conduct some Technical event in my college which will include students of all branches.. pls suggest me one.!

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Posting on behalf of #-Link-Snipped-# -

Environment engineer tech fest event idea

I need idea regarding tech fest for environment  engineering 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Currently I am working on my final project. My final project title is “Design and Implementation of Mobile Robot Sound Tracker Based on Artificial Neural Network”. I want to make...
Selecting a car loan is very rejoicing and also be cautious. The financier who is giving the loan should be selected very carefully. If you are deciding to go for...
Hey Big K, I keep on encountering this error when I try loading the CE page. It happens more on Firefox than IE.. had to keep on refreshing! Sometimes the...
Hey CEans! I plan to get a graphics card for my home computer, but Im on a very tight budget (around $70). Im currently aiming to get the Nvidia 7300GT...
hi all this is Vertual. i'm new here and i hope t be welcomed! i have my GP now, but i dont know exactly what my Prof do want from...