Intex Aqua i6 - The 5-inch Mid-Budget Android Smartphone's Price & Specs

Intex Technologies, the Indian mobile manufacturer has launched a new smartphone in its Aqua series with Intex Aqua i6. Powered by the 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582 processor from MediaTek, which the company believes is the first in South Asia. The smartphone features Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box and comes with 512 MB of RAM. Running over a 1900mAh battery, the Intex Aqua i6 features Dual SIM support, one 8 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front one. The screen on this smartphone is 5-inch one but there's no HD. So users will have to do away with 480x854 pixel resolution.

The 4 GB of inbuilt storage that comes with the Aqua i6 is expandable up to 32GB with microSD card. The 1900mAh battery on the tech specs list speaks of battery life that lasts up to 6 hours and gives a standby time of up to 220 hours. Capable of Bluetooth as well as WiFi options for connectivity, the Intex Aqua i6 comes preloaded with apps such as BIGFLIX, ZAPAK, Matrabhasha, and Intex Cloud app, which offers 5GB of free cloud space to users. Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Business Head – Mobile, Intex Technologies Ltd said in a statement that they aimed at providing a device that combines work and fun together in one unit. "Aqua i6 is yet another quality offering from Intex for those who look forward to a powerful device which makes juggling between multiple tasks a breeze,” he said.

intex-aqua-i6

It is interesting to note that Intex Technologies is the first mobile manufacturer in India to bring the MediaTek's latest processors in the market. Dr. Finbarr Moynihan, General Manager - International Sales & Marketing, MediaTek Inc. said, "With the launch of Aqua i6, South Asia's first handset based on the MT6582, we extend our association with Intex Mobile to help bring the world's best technology to the Indian market". Bearing the official price in India tag of Rs. 8,990, the Intex Aqua i6 is the latest entry in the budget-friendly category for Indian consumers.

We recently covered the Intex Aqua i7 Has 1080p Display For Your Viewing Pleasures., Intex Aqua HD & Intex Aqua i4 Specs, Features & Price In India - Everything Looks Impressivefor you and we find that they have great features for the price they are sporting. Intex Aqua i6, on the other hand, may face competition from Karbonn Titanium S2 and Spice Coolpad Mi-515 smartphones in the Indian market. Will the Aqua i6 work wonders for the company? - Only time will tell.

Replies

• Lokesh Dhamija
    Lokesh Dhamija
    RAM is bit low! not worthy.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Lokesh Dhamija
    RAM is bit low! not worthy.
    Yeah. The price of the Intex Aqua i6 is much lesser than the Aqua i7. The huge price gap between the phones is evident in the features list. I know a few Nokia Asha phones that have better specs and features for an average buyer. Intex Aqua i6 at the price of Rs. 8,990 - so not worth it!
  • Lokesh Dhamija
    Lokesh Dhamija
    Moreover, how about the "Brand Tag" ? Now will shell out this much amount for Intex!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers from Naemura Lab at the University of Tokyo have developed a new interface that brings mixed reality in the picture. This new kind of interface makes it possible for...
Back in September, Samsung Electronics announced the launch of a new advanced pixel technology for CMOS image sensors called ISOCELL. The Samsung ISOCELL sensors technology is able to attain higher...
I'm searching for Displayport (thunderbolt) to HDMI adapters & cables and surprised to see the difference in the prices of these adapters available on various websites. Some of them are...
iBall Andi 4.5z is the latest addition in the Indian budget smartphone market and in the iBall Andi series of mobile devices. Featuring the 1.3GHz dual-core Cortex A7 processor, the...
A new design build firm called Pedal Power wants you pedal your way at work to bring power to your gadgets - laptops, smartphones or tablets. Using two pedal-powered machines...