Intex Aqua HD & Intex Aqua i4 Specs, Features & Price In India - Everything Looks Impressive

Intex, the India smartphone manufacturer, has today officially launched two new smartphones in its Aqua series, called Intex Aqua HD and Intex Aqua i4. With a plan to increase sales exponentially in India in the coming months, Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Business Head- Mobile, Intex Technologies, said “With festive season around the corner, we are planning to sell 3 lakh smartphones in the month of October, 2013.” said Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Business Head- Mobile, Intex Technologies. Both these phones will come under the mid-budget segment. With Intex Aqua HD priced at Rs 15,990 and the Aqua i4 priced at Rs 9,490, there's a lot of expectations from the features list of these Android phones.

As we take a look at the Intex Aqua HD tech specs, we find a 7.9 mm thick smartphone with a metal frame with piano lacquer back cover and aluminum alloy keys. Featuring a 4.7 inch HD IPS display that has the OGS (One Glass Solution) screen, the Intex Aqua HD is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad core processor which runs on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. For the memoy, users can make use of 4 GB ROM and 1 GB RAM. The smartphone has a 13 megapixel HDR+ rear camera which is equipped with Smart self-timer mode and a very impressive 5 megapixel front camera so that you make super clear video calls back home.

intex-aqua-hd

Deriving its power from the 1800 mAh battery, the smartphone provides a talk time up to 6 hours ensuring a strong battery backup. The phone features Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi for connectivity and data transfer and also comes pre-loaded with various beneficial features such as NQ Mobile Security, Gmail, Locate, Maps, Messenger, My Screens, Intex Zone, Navigation, News and Weather, Opera Mini and GTalk. Here's a bonus - Customers also get free accessories worth Rs 5,500 which includes a flip cover, screen guard, 5 GB space on Intex Cloud, limited edition pen and key chain set personally signed by Farhan Akhtar with the phone. Besides, Intex has armed the phone with many features like the 'Lookaway' that allows device to pause content and ensures one does not misses on videos in the event of interruption or distraction. Another such feature is 'My Screen' that makes multitasking easy with users browsing internet, sending SMS, managing files and even listening to their favourite playlist, all at the same time.

Coming to the other phone - Intex Aqua i4 tech specs, there's a 5 inch display with FWVGA resolution, a 1.2 GHz dual core processor and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system. The phone sports an 8 megapixel rear camera with flash and 1.3 megapixel front facing camera and offers 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 terms of connectivity options. The phone features a plethora of pre-loaded apps such as such as Matrabhasha, Intex life box, Intex Play and Hungama. The Intex Aqua i-4 has an expandable memory of 32 GB allowing large collection of files, music, videos to be stored. Its 2000 mAh battery gives a talk time of upto 6 hours. The phone cones pre-loaded with apps like Matrabhasha, Intex Game Club, Intex Play, Hungama, Intex Movies, in addition to a call recorder.

Intex-Aqua-i-4

Commenting on the launch, Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Business Head- Mobile, Intex Technologies said, "Our Aqua range has been widely accepted which has positively reflected in our smartphones sale that has surged multi-fold in a very small span. We have been able to create a niche for our devices in the cluttered market space and are growing extensively to become leaders in the smartphone category."

Looking at the specs and the effectively priced handsets that look nice and feel nice, we are expecting a positive boost in the popularity of Intex smartphones. What do you think?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If they manage to get a good quality they can become a good competitor to micromax , lavaand karbon.BTW what does OGS (One
    Glass Solution) screen means?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is a comparison of the specs of these two phones -

comparison
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Intel Aqua HD has specs approx. same as Micromax Canvas 4. Hardware configuration is really good considering the price spec, but what puzzles me is , the after sale services of these companies is not actually good.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most people don't buy phones from Indian companies even though they offer such good specs. There's a lot of competition out there, but these companies don't know their audience. More advertising of the quality of these products has to be done.

I am awed by the number of features they are bringing. Like the 'Lookaway' feature which allows device to pause content and ensures one does not misses on videos in the event of interruption or distraction - that is just exaclty what Samsung’s Smart Pause does, right?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    Most people don't buy phones from Indian companies even though they offer such good specs. There's a lot of competition out there, but these companies don't know their audience. More advertising of the quality of these products has to be done.
    It's just that if there's any problem in these phones, the service center people doesn't take any pain in recovering the issue, and if your phone accessories are damaged, then you'll not able to find one, no charger, no headphones, nothing.

Plus, all these companies, at most of the places have common service center.

Though these phones give very good configuration considering the price spec, but if there's any problem either in the phone, or accessories, then it's not worth it.

That's why I prefer companies like Samsung over these.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking for recommendations on open source or free payroll management systems which startups can use. That being said, I'm open to paying a fee (reasonable) for managing payroll of...
Like a true engineer, if you love big machines; Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland is the place to be. But the machine & place wasn't open for everyone to...
Today, The Reserve bank of India has put an end to 'Zero percent interest scheme' which are offered by banks for their customers who are purchasing goods through their credit...
Are banks too restrictive in giving educational loans? Yes many of my friends had said that both government banks and private banks are not ready to trust students and give...
VideoLAN, the awesome company that makes the most popular media player in the world, VLC, has pushed a major update for Windows, OSX, uBuntu, Android, iOS and other operating systems....