Internship At DoorDarshan

Everyone needs a little inspiration throughout their career. Inspiration is what keeps us motivated and passionate about what we do. So,here's my experience at Doordarshan. I got to know about the internship through one of my classmates. 

I wanted to apply for it because Doordarshan is one of India's largest broadcasting organisation and it has a great part of electronics and communication involved from the transmission to the reception of a signal where lies my field of interest.The selection process was a direct entry.

On the first day,we were introduced to our mentor Mr.Abdul Quaiyoom,who gave us a brief idea about the setup of the studio,how the cameras,Transmitter,other electronic equipments work etc.From the next day,we were given training on topics like Earth station,Link budget/Link margin,Direct to home transmission,Color mixing,etc.In a week or two,all the trainees mingled up.

We exchanged our ideas and thoughts with each other. Since, most of them were from my stream I got to learn many new concepts.They helped me in understanding a few things at different points of time.

We were asked to give a quiz at the end of each week which made our mentor estimate our understanding. He used to say "As an intern,you have the opportunity to become the professional you've always wanted to be.You just have to hold on to what inspires you to follow your dreams."

Doordarshan is equipped with a 10 kW high power TV transmitter for DD National and 1 kW TV Transmitter for DD news.The transmitter is situated at a distance of 20 km on the Maharajganj road and is at a distance of 16 km from the Doordarshan centre. 

We were also taken to the transmitter by the supporting and kind staff authorities.The staff authorities made us understand the transmission process by showing us the different equipment,cables,TV sets,etc.

At the end of our session at the transmitter we were asked about our doubts concerning the same.We also prepared a report under their guidance.

Although,my internship was not a paid one but I consider it as one as I got to learn about the digital video broadcasting and it made me develop my capability by practically applying the academic elements of my degree and as an opportunity to learn about the work environment.

I believe finding a job without an experience can be a real challenge.It's a nasty catch that can be difficult to get around but an internship is a good way to do it.My internship provided me the opportunity to gain hands on work experience.It helped me in building my confidence and I am immensely indebted to Doordarshan faculty for the invaluable help that they rendered at every step of my internship. 

It is a wonderful experience to be a part of Doordarshan where we worked under brilliant minds.I am much satisfied with my internship.I have learnt many technical skills and improved other set of existing skills.What I liked the most about my training that it was very strongly related to academics.

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do.If you haven't found it yet,keep looking.Don't settle.As with all matters of the heart,you'll know you find it."- Steve Jobs 

- By Yashi Das

College: Babu Banarasi Das Northern India Institute of Technology

Internship @ DoorDarshan

Duration: 30 days

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You've mentioned that the selection process was a direct entry. Could you tell us how big the batch size is and what is the eligibility criteria for doing internship at Doordarshan? Is it restricted to ENTC students? I am sure a lot of engineering students could get benefitted from this information.
  • Yashi Das
    Yashi Das
    The batch size was a maximum of 30 students.The eligibility criteria was simple-any one with a valid Internship letter from college can walk-in and apply with a fee of Rs 4560 given to the terms that seats are available.
    I am not sure whether other branches could apply or not, though there were students from related branches like EE.
  • anant deo
    anant deo
    #-Link-Snipped-# could you plz tell that when was your internship schedule means in which month ? i am eng. third year student can i apply it now?
  • Yashi Das
    Yashi Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# yes you can apply for it. 😀
    My training started in the month of june and ended in the second week of july.
  • Jhelam
    Jhelam
    Could u plz tell me that I can join internship in this month.
    And what's the criteria for joining.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Jhelam
    Could u plz tell me that I can join internship in this month.
    And what's the criteria for joining.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you please answer the above query?
  • Yashi Das
    Yashi Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes,you can join it 😀
    If you are in second or third year you can apply for the internship.
  • Krishna Kumar Bhargav
    Krishna Kumar Bhargav
    Hello Yashi ! Can you Please tell me that,
    1. Is this iternship only be organise in summer? and
    2. what are the procedures to get registration in this iternship?
  • Yashi Das
    Yashi Das
    Krishna Bhargav
    Hello Yashi ! Can you Please tell me that,
    1. Is this iternship only be organise in summer? and
    2. what are the procedures to get registration in this iternship?

Hi,
    Yup it's a summer internship.
    The process is a direct entry. You just have fill a form regarding the same and get yourself registered. 😀
  • Juii
    Juii
    Can the B.E. Passouts apply for this internship ???
  • Dheeraj Chintala
    Dheeraj Chintala
    Mam i am from MAIT (IPU). Our college students have also been given opportunity to do summer training at PRASAR BHARATI. My question is - Which is a better choice to do training in between Prasar Bharati and any other Institute where they provide a project alaong with training as P.B. doesn't have project work.
    Thanks
  • suresh nair
    suresh nair

#-Link-Snipped-#  can you say me from where should i get form for doordharshan intern . Is any site. I found lot but didnt get.right now i m in 3 rd year but it necessary for me for pursing Master.Can u plz help me.

• Ayushi Nema
    Ayushi Nema

#-Link-Snipped-# ...can I apply for internship being physics postgraduate of 2017. If yes then please tell me the whole procedure and is it chargeable or not? Keenly waiting.

• Nitesh Kalwani
    Nitesh Kalwani

Can u mention the website where I can register for the summer training.

• Gaurav kumar
    Gaurav kumar

Is this internship for b.tech students specifically for electronic and communication branch..?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - You will have to enquire about it at your respective DD center. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

any ideas for structural project
Microsoft Windows is being delivered to people all over the world - through free upgrades, pre-installs on new devices and several other ways. However, you should be aware of Windows...
A team of Chemical and Biomedical engineers from Penn State University, Fundan University, University of Illinois and Harvard Medical School have developed a synthetic water channel that mimics the natural...
Engineers appearing for banking jobs are often asked why are they choosing banking after engineering? These 5 top answers can help you answer this question effectively.
Anyone can help me to find the ideas for final year project...i need your helps.