Intel-Powered NuPC Desktop Launched In India Starting At Rs 18,999

The well-known semiconductors and electronics distributor, WPG has partnered with Intel and Microsoft in order to launch the new palm-sized PC called ‘NuPC’ in India. This ultra-compact PC will be available in the market with different configuration options, for different market segment consumers ranging from young startup entrepreneurs, students as well as home users. Powered by either Intel Core i3 or Intel Celeron processor, these NuPCs runs Windows 8.1 operating system.

The framework of the PC measures just 117 mm in length and 112 mm in width and 35 mm in thickness. NuPC is charged by using a 19V 3.42A DC adapter and consumes less power. All the versions of new PC feature full-sized HDMI port. They also include 3.5 mm mic/ headphone jack.

Intel-Powered-NuPC

Let’s have a brief look at various configurations and price.

Intel Celeron Powered NuPCs

These NuPCs feature a Gigabit Ethernet port, 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 USB 3.0 port.

Price:
2 GB RAM and 500 GB storage: Rs. 18,999
4 GB RAM and 1 TB storage: Rs. 21,999

Intel Core i3 Powered NuPCs

These two NuPCs has a Intel HD Audio 1, Gigabit Ethernet port, 2 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports.

Price:
2 GB RAM and 500 GB storage: Rs. 29,999
4 GB RAM and 1 TB storage: Rs 32,999

These low cost PCs are packed with the latest specs and hardware options under the hood and are likely provide great deal of flexibility and processing power while maintaining the space constraints. Only time will tell how this new entrant will fare in the market. What are your thoughts about the new PC? Share with us in comments.

Via #-Link-Snipped-# | Image Credit: Intel, Microsoft back WPG NuPC; Made in India device priced Rs 18,999 upwards | Technology News,The Indian Express

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I would rather build a gaming PC in 33K than buying this. Price is too steep considering they are here to compete the conventional desktops (I believe?). Since it's not a complete system (still requires monitor, keyboard, etc...) I don't find its small size any entertaining. I guess it'll consume same space as any conventional tower if we see it as a system with other required components. Believe it or not, the bigger is the screen the better it is. You can shrink the CPU but cannot do the same with monitor and keyboard. If I've to use the computer at home, I'd rather prefer a powerful system than a small one. Add in the inflexibility of choosing the system configuration and ability to upgrade it as per needs, this is a big no no for a desktop system. But again, that's just me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Kaustubh, Currently I am working as a software developer in an MNC, and I have 3.7 years of experience. but 1 year down the line I do not want...
hello...!!!! im confused in selecting right technology for my final year IT project... i learned asp.net but now i want to try something different... im interested in making android app....
Honda India has recently released a new teaser video titled 'Flowers for Chloe' for its upcoming renewed hatchback - the 2015 Honda Jazz. Ever since the car was pulled from...
Can I get a quick way to have a timestamp of date and time concatenated together like, 28_05_15_10_02 so that I can have some uniqueness in the storage names? Currently...
At the Lenovo Tech World event held in Beijing, the Chinese electronics giant arrived in the media streaming devices market with the Lenovo Cast. Unlike its major rivals the Google...