Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge Results are out and life changes ...

#-Link-Snipped-#

There were as many as 1000 apps submitted in the contest from 11 countries. Out of them 35 Made it to winning round with 3 grand prizes, 16 first prizes and other 2nd prizes. Though I did not manage to find my App in grand prize, I ended up winning as many as three 2nd prizes equivalent to 3 won by extremely talented Yosun. That is a big satisfaction. Probably I missed out on a few tricks and was told to have missed as many as 6 first prizes for a difference of a point. Well that is fine. Several apps that I made is also selected in Leap Motion's to be launched AppStore Airspace(10 to be precise).

But really game changing news is, we received our first VC which was long awaited. It is over a good million dollar investment on the firm for 8% stake in general and for two of most ambitious projects to be completed by October 2014.

If that was not enough, I will be receiving my "Inspirational Entrepreneur" award from Chamber of Commerce here. We are also receiving local fund to groom local talent in R&D.

I have also signed contract with a HR firm to conduct 30 Seminars in various colleges in Karnataka. I will also be promoting couple of local brands and will pose in front of camera ๐Ÿ˜

Along with these accolades, I am having few more offers flooding in.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that was a nice thing. Now read this.

I restarted my business four years back with four plastic chairs, one computer and a Mat. Me and my wife was almost fasting one time for about 15 days to save that little money. Millions of times my family , friends and many have reminded me that I should quit my stupidity and go back to JOB. I did not. I chased my dreams. I had excuse to give up. But I did not. I partitioned the office to live in the office to save that 4000/- rent ( I lived in office for 3 years!). I did not watch movies, did not go to dinner, didn't have a holiday barring couple of days here or there, no weekends.

I tried AdSense to Apps to E-Shop to everything you think is possible. Only to see failures piling up. Financial, physical and mental drainage and frustration was what I all had.

I did not give up. I had told myself, either I die or my dream die. Wont let my dreams die till I am alive. I have been working in two shifts since last 4 years. Night 1AM to morrning 9.30 and 10.30 AM to 6.30 PM.

I am a born orphan! Educated from a third graded government school. Life was nothing better than a miserable from age of two months when my mother died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the end of the day what you have got does not matter, what you want to get matters. Next time anybody tells you to give up. Ask him to f**k off. Chase your dreams. I wanted to run a Million dollar company, I am there. Now I want it bigger! I want a billion dollar enterprise! Wanna bet?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's totally amazing, Rupam! You make us proud of you and your story is inspirational. Congratulations on your achievements and we look forward to your venture growing bigger and better.

I am sure your story will make several engineers rethink their beliefs. Keep us posted about your progress and achievements! ๐Ÿ‘
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# !!.Keep on chasing your dreams and u will surely succeed, and will also be an inspiration for others.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    CONGRATULATIONS SIR๐Ÿ˜€ . KEEP GOING . UR STRUGGLE IS TRULY INSPIRATIONAL & MOTIVATIONAL FOR US. LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING FROM U SIR.๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Rupam,
    Consider any big award. Say the Nobel Prize. Only one gets it among many equals. Some committee decides things. The intrinsic value may not be reflected in the final selection. You always went by the journey being more important than the arrival. The arrival will happen. Sometimes with a bang like yours did.

So long as your belief in yourself is intact no one can reduce you.

My heartiest congratulations and best wishes for a Billion Dollar enterprise.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Congrats ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You are an inspiration, Rupam! ๐Ÿ˜€ We are just so proud to have you here.

Keep up with the good work. You are here to prosper.
    Hearty congrats!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Sanyam Khurana Engineering Trade: Computer Science and Engineering Location: New Delhi Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A Hobbies & Interests: Programming freak, love to learn new things and teach people...
Can somebody explain me how exactly can a Memristor replace an inductor or capacitor ? How can the 'resistance storage capability' of a memristor is compared with the energy storage...
hi friends, I got confused reading one article on LANs. Can anyone tell me if we can transmit digital signals(not digital data) via any physical media such as wired cable/coaxial...
good evening, Kindly enlighten me regarding the differences between a communication link and a channel. Are both these terms same?? thanks for the same.....
hi guys i need to know whether girls are preferred in germany for doing automobile master degree !!!! will thr be any girls doing automobile in germany ??? wil indian...