Innovative Foundation May Help Buildings Hover During an Earthquake

Is this practical or lot of hot air?
Quote: A combination of the U.S. Geological Survey’s ShakeAlert system, a magnetic-field architecture and a three-part building foundation system may enable buildings to hover above the ground during an earthquake using electromagnetic fields. The technology could keep the building and what is inside from sliding around during destructive shaking. Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ When I first heard about the HDMI dongle developed by an Indian startup (aka Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. Ltd based out of Bangalore), I was pleasantly surprised. Teewe...
What are the companies that hire MCA graduates?? What would be their expectations on MCA students???
I have this conceptual problem which I asked many people regarding pressure velocity problem and many got confused, I later turned this problem into pressure velocity paradox.Please help me with...
what your views on existence of ghost, spirits ,there is a popular method for communicating with them Named as Ouija Board: Science has it own explanation to it called as...
i am just into third year.....as i heard that i have to do a mini project in third year and a final project in last year ....since i hv just...