Infosys will not hire Satyam employees

CEans,

I think this is insane, but ET has reported following statements by top Infosys officials-

“We have asked our recruitment staff not to poach anybody from Satyam. The company is in the middle of a crisis and people will jump ship,”
- TV Mohandas Pai, Infosys Technologies HR, education & research and administration director.

and

We will not touch such a tainted company.
- N R Narayana Murthy, Infosys founder and non-executive chairman.

What's going on? Now, its Infosys's choice whether to hire or not, but don't you think they are assuming that Satyam's employees are equally responsible for the fraud?

That's insane!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    That bad eh? Jeez..
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    What NRN actually said was not regarding the employees. he is quoted here out of context.

He siad "We have no interest in buying Satyam and we will not touch such a tainted company.". this was all about buying the company.
  • charumathi
    charumathi
    arunhero99
    What NRN actually said was not regarding the employees. he is quoted here out of context.

He siad "We have no interest in buying Satyam and we will not touch such a tainted company.". this was all about buying the company.
    i too have heard the same..😎
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    it doesnt matter much,its for few months after wards it will be back to business,but definately TV Mohandas comments are shocking!!! he should atleast considered those who have been given pink-slip by satyam
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well the statements have been made for Satyam's good only. If Infosys and other companies will welcome the employees, there would be no one left to support Satyam and all the efforts being done to save it will be wasted. The company has made sure that it will not recruit any Satyam employee in order to discourage them from leaving the company in this hour of need.
    Also, on appeal of NASSCOM, Infosys has assurred that they will not poach any of Satyam's clients or customers themselves.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    But TCS has started poaching satyams orders,recently they have bagged a order form World bank????? why only infosys then?? and weer they will go who got fired,it is expected majority of those to be absorbed by IT majors!!!
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    sauravgoswami
    But TCS has started poaching satyams orders,recently they have bagged a order form World bank????? why only infosys then?? and weer they will go who got fired,it is expected majority of those to be absorbed by IT majors!!!
    Who said Infy wont poach satyam clients??
    Infy and wipro has openly stated that they will take up the clients of satyam...so as aashima said its a noble gesture towards satyams own good that no company support ship jumping by staff...
  • aashima
    aashima
    sauravgoswami
    Well the statement came from Infosys only. I haven't came accross any similar statement from TCS or any other company. As of now, none of the Satyam employees have been fired. Though they might be doing efforts searching for another. Thats why there recruitment have been denied.
    As of client poaching, they have said they will not approach them themselves, but if the clients on their own offer them, they can't deny!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Isnt that a political statement how can somebody think of doing business with satyam at this moment,moreover,satyam also have to fullfill deals made by Maytas,Infact what Indian ITmajors should do is take clients of satyam and outsource the same to satyam it will help those companie earn some profits and also satyam will have some work and have enough money to take-care of its employees by poaching stayam business is of more loss then recruitig its employess!!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    NASSCOM, the IT controlling institution has been approached to give out a sattement that until and unless the comapny is declared as non functional no other organisatons hould take advantage of the situation by poaching either the employees or the cleints of satyam.

its both good and bad.

let's see

as far as NRN commensta re concerned they were in two different contexts.
    hopefully he doento mean as what ahs been intrepretted by media 😀
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    How it can be bad??? new directors are all proven and time tested,only the workforce has to be motivated and ensured that they are safe!!!
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    yeah...so much for proven directors. they are also now supporting the raju scam by saying employee count is 53k when IB already unearthed that it was always below 48K range.
  • Differential
    Differential
    I don't know the validity of this news (Infy not hiring Satyam employees), but if its true, it's totally unfair and wrong. R Raju did the scam not the satyam employees. They weren't aware of that. They were as innocent as any other company employees.

What do you say?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The intention is not to hurt anyone. I found the following poem on Mayur's weblog [ https://maxmayur.blogspot.com ] , who found it on someone else's blog, who found it on...
I want to khow about patching? I downloaded theme from a website and it reguired patching to apply that theme.please explain it in detail.
i was very much interested in electronics. i need to know how the transistor amplifier works. in no one book i was satisfied. plz help me
HI. I'm a student of electronic enginnering in the university of Quindio, Armenia, Colombia. I need to model the powerline by measuring, but I don't know any kind of models...
Hello everyone. I just stumbled into this board. Hope I could contribute to this community. 😀