Infosys to allow employees to tweet and access Facebook

Infosys' new CEO, Mr. Vishal Sikka understands the basic needs of humans: Facebook, Twitter, Food, Shelter, Clothing and maybe a cubicle. In order to bring a positive change to company's work culture, Sikka is going to allow employees to use Facebook and Twitter from their personal devices. In addition the employees get to hear more from the CEO via emails and also get to go out for team lunches (sponsored by Infosys, I guess).

Do you think these are welcome changes or will access to FB and Twitter will lead to more loss of productivity at Infy?

How's your experience at your own office? Do you have the freedom to use social networking site at your office?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Too little too late... Why would anyone access facebook on office computer when 99.99% have phone with 3g data.
    Moreover, I know from inside sources that Infosys have their own forum like CE discussion which is more interesting than facebook 😉.
    Any Infosian here to confirm this ??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think employees won't mind staying long hours in office now. 👀

(Excuse the sarcasm)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This 4chan thread is going viral: https://archive.today/uO2U1 It talks about how Indians are bad in programming, internet etiquette etc. It also raises discussions that Indians posting on Stack Overflow etc...
So ISRO's been successful in putting a satellite around Mars with an aim to study the Red Planet. Though I think it's an incredible achievement; I haven't got the answer...
Quote: The following series of photos was taken by professional photographers at great effort, so enjoy their skill and timing, because great photos like these have a lot of work...
With supercomputing needs increasing by the day across the world in various R&D projects, be it big data centers or security systems, developing cheaper solutions for creating our future supercomputers...
Quote: The influence of consumer tech on medtech design has increased tremendously in the past five years or so. “We are seeing a lot of consumer tech design influence on...