Infosys Interview Experience & CrazyEngineers

Congratulations buddy, #-Link-Snipped-#.

My Infosys interview experience was too somewhat similar.

I had mentioned about CE in my resume and my interviewer was already thorough with it when I actually entered the room. After initial greeting and my introduction, the interview was like-

Q: Ok, so you have written something about this site crazyengineers.com, what is it? Can you please elaborate on that?
A: Sure sir, crazyengineers.com is a forum for engineers. You can find students and professionals discussing about science, engineering and technology. It's basically a platform for gathering tech knowledge, communicating with fellow engineers across the world, giving and taking advises.
Q: Ok, good. I'm not having my laptop with me right now to check it, but that's fine. Tell me about your role on the site.
A: Sir I write articles on the newest tech, gadgets or apps and participate in discussions.
Q: What was the recent article you wrote?
A: Article on iPhone 6 and 6 plus launch.
Q: Wonderful, I do use an iPhone, tell me more on iPhone 6. What's new with it?
A: Firstly, the way it differs from earlier models is because of it's large screen size. Also, Apple is introducing iOS 8 and Apple Pay with these models....
(Interrupting)
Q: What is Apple Pay?
A: Sir, it's like a digital wallet for making online purchases easy and fast...
Q: Do you think it's good?
A: It would be good sir. The problem I see is you loose your phone and wallet both at the same time!
Q: What do you use iOS or Android?
A: I use Android sir.
Q: Why? Can you justify? Is it better than iOS?
A: By being open source, it has it's own advantages, plus comparing to iOS, it becomes easy for developers to develop and deploy apps on the store. Sir, I feel that Apple and Microsoft have strict policies and process for developers, whereas Google make the process simple....
The trade-off between open source and iOS continued for the next five minutes discussing issues like security, piracy, UI, support etc. At the end he said, he was more than happy with what I expressed, all credit to CE. The interview continued for another 15 minutes asking other questions. In a nutshell, CE gave me those crucial minutes of my interview.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very happy to hear that!

I guess it's become a trend these days. Almost all of our authors have had very similar experiences. The interviewers were mostly interested in understanding their roles with CrazyEngineers.

I was offered a job with Infosys (few years ago). 99% of my interview was about CrazyEngineers (which was a hobby site then) and not a single technical question was asked. At times I felt like I was pitching a business idea to a group of investors ๐Ÿ˜€

Congratulations to Aditya and Dhananjay! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Congrats Guys !
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Congrats to Dhananjay & Aditya!๐Ÿ‘
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    Congrats Dhananjay
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Thanks everyone! It's wonderful to be associated with you all!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow ! That is really nice answers #-Link-Snipped-#.

Congratulations. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    Congratulations. Any programming related questions?
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    avii
    Congratulations. Any programming related questions?
    Not really, he wanted to test my aptitude and general technical knowledge.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am in 2nd year of my Btech IT from IPU. Can you suggest me best books which covers most of the subjects/topics in this IT and books which are...
hai frnds.i need a small help am dng zigbee based proj so pls help me on that.
If you have been closely following the growth of Notion Ink tablets, you probably remember that the sales of Notion Ink Adam (launched in 2010) never took off and its...
hi, i wish to take this topic 4 my seminar.But unable to get the ieee paper......can anyone send me the paper ..........plzzzzzzzzzzzz
what will be the best headlines for the BE ETC freshers