Indie Galactic Space Jam - 48 Hours To Develop Games About Space

Kunal Patel and Jack Henkel, Co-Founders of Indienomicon (an Orlando based community of indie game developers) along with Dr. Peter Smith, a UCF Professor have organised the Indie Galactic Space Jam event for the 2nd time. Packed with bigger challenges, this event lets game developers use just 48 hours to build extraordinary games about Space. The event is open for game designers, writers, artists, UI & UX designers, programmers, poets and everyone passionate about gaming and space exploration. In other words, the Indie Galactic Space Jam gives you the environment and infrastructure for rapid prototyping of a video game focused on some part of the space.

Indie-Galactic-Space-Jam
The event was organised between 13th to 16th August where participants could pitch their ideas about space games, form development teams right at the event and labour through for two days to bring your idea to life. The venue of the event had audio-video studios, green screens, 3D printing labs, sound booth and last but not the least really comfy chairs.

Last year, at the first Indie Galactic Space Jam event, around 20 games were created. Some games were even using data from NASA to give it a more real appeal. The event's star level sponsors include - Microsoft, Space Florida and among others there's Kennedy Space Center and Red Bull.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai friends, I am new to this page, I have completed my Engineering in Electronics and Communication, I want to start a company related to my field in small scale,...
hello sir , my name is ish and completed my BE this year only and wanted to do MS in germany from automobile engineering and completed my BE from same...
Having been through the era of 1.44 MB capacity floppy disks, I have been a loyal fan of USB drives ever since I saw the first one, several years ago....
I am a fresher working in a reputed service based company.I have been trained in application development using ASP.net but now I am deployed as tester in a project.Should I...
We've just received a wireless range extender for official review (coming soon!) and it says ...with AC Passthrough. At first, I thought the range extender would support IEEE 802.11ac spec;...