Indians From 'Team Indus' Win Google Lunar XPRIZE For Landing Systems Category

Launched with an aim to boost Moon exploration, the Google Lunar XPRIZE is designed to inspire enthusiast pioneers to help develop robotic space transport on a budget. With the deadline of 31st December 2016, the contest saw huge participation from across the globe, where they had to land a robot safely on the Moon, move 500 meters on, above, or below the Moon’s surface and send HDTV Mooncasts back to the Earth. With the results finally out, it was declared that a team of Indians called 'Team Indus' (also the only team from India) led by Rahul Narayan has bagged the prize of $1 Million in the Landing systems category.

The India's only entry consists of a management guru, a former Air Force pilot, a serial entrepreneur, an aerospace engineer etc. The team Indus participated in the contest with a mission to lead India into the next-gen space exploration and aviation technology. Based out of Bangalore, India, the Team Indus is managed by Axiom Research Labs Private Limited, an aerospace startup company.

google-lunar-xprize-team-indus-landing-systems-winner

To understand what category the Team Indus has won in, Google has laid out their judging criteria was based on both the software & hardware necessary for a jerk-free landing of the spacecraft on the moon as well as their attitude control, navigation & control, tracking & orbit determination in the journey, avionics, propulsion, touchdown devices, thermal control and the onboard autonomy.

We are sure that the Team Indus is celebrating their global win and has all the reasons to do so. You can check more about Team Indus' landing system on their official website TeamIndus.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Awesome!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone, i just want to know that will cdac is heplful or not as i am engineer in IT and passout of 2013 will help me in placement also...
Lava Mobiles has a decent portfolio of smartphones that it regularly updates to cater the needs of users in every price domain. The latest addition to the series is with...
Why less power is transmitted to rear wheel than the front wheel??
If I have three relations R1.R2,R3 ,then If I write the formula as 1. (R1^R2)R3 contained in (R1 R3 ^ R2^R3) 2. (R1 UNION R2) R3=R1 R3 UNION R2 R3...
News spread like jungle fire that IBM is going to lay off approx 26 percent of its workforce this year. I believe, this all started when Robert X Cringley, a...