Indian Railway's National Train Enquiry System App For Windows Phone 8 Goes Live

Indian Railways have brought a good news for travelers with the launch of a new app called National Train Enquiry System (NTES) for Windows Phone 8 OS. Now frequent travelers on Indian trains for daily commute or vacation trips can make use of the app to get train-running information in real-time for each and every train across India. Users can spot their trains, check train schedules for - cancelled trains, diverted trains and even the rescheduled ones. Apart from this, users can check the expected arrival and departure time for a particular train. The app has been launched by the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), the IT Arm of Indian Railways with support from Microsoft team.

Till date, you could check all this information on the official website - www.trainenquiry.com or by dialing the number "139" on your cellphone or simply through enquiry counters at train stations. CRIS has take a step forward by introducing the train enquiry system as a mobile app and a desktop application for Windows 8 platform.

NTES-APP-1

NTES-APP-2 NTES-APP-3 NTES-APP-4 NTES-APP-5 ntes-app-6 ntes-app-7

NTES app screenshots for Windows Phone 8​

Apart from all the features mentioned above, the NTES app brings the facility to check "Trains between Stations". Using this option the user can get a list of all types of trains available between any two stations on the Indian railway network. Moreover, the "Cancelled Trains" features can be used to list all the trains that are cancelled through the entire route as well as trains that are cancelled on partial route.

If you would like to give it a try, you can download the NTES app for Microsoft Apps and #-Link-Snipped-# and share your reviews with us.

And of course, it goes without saying that the NTES app for Android and iOS is in the works and shall be launched shortly by the CRIS team.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone here with a Windows phone who would share some reviews, please?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    will give it try soon.

Edited:

Installed . working perfectly fine. Interactive GUI.
    Through LIVE Station option one can get the details of Superfast trains,express trains, EMU's & local trains too running from any station within next 2 hours.

Thumbs up for MS & CRIS 👍
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    screenshots looks awesome.Good to have apps for real time details.
    is it available for android?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sadly, not yet. Indian Railways love Windows more it seems.
    Both Android and iOS versions have been promised. Arrival date is still under wraps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They launched on Windows because of the tie-up between the Indian government and Microsoft. They have promised an Android and iOS version too and it shouldn't be too long before the apps debut on respective app stores. I think a responsive site would have been a better solution.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Get it installed on my phone, great job Indian Railways 👍 ..
  • smorgasbord
    smorgasbord
    Indian Railways Enquiry PNR Status Live Status IRCTC Reservation Seats
    Is the said App faster than this?
    Please some one do tell, thanks.
    EDIT: on google chrome windows 7 ( Addlock active ) it is very fast.
  • amitabh1983
    amitabh1983

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am planning to have a laptop. I am a professional and working in Engieering Construction Company. I am a mechanical engineer. My requirements for Laptop are: Fast Processor, HD...
Suzuki Motorcycles India has now opened pre-booking for its latest scooter in the market called 'Suzuki Let's'. The scooter was globally unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 along side...
The world will always run out of space to display advertisements. But the fix's ready! Advertisers will no longer need big displays to be set-up to show their products and...
There seems to be nothing startling in what is said here. Anyway for whatever it is worth: https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/write-resume-job-google-204231913.html
A research team from Washington State University, Spokane has developed a new technology that can detect when a driver is about to doze off. By tracking the movements of the...