Indian Politics : The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Discussion

Indian politics is witnessing a lot of interesting times since last ~3 years. The nation that many people believe will become a superpower in the next few years is now heading towards one of the most interesting and important polls of our times. These elections are going to be important in the international politics as well; because the world and world economy itself needs a better distribution of power.

A new party has emerged out of the anti-corruption movement that Mr. Anna Hazare started, demanding the 'Lokpal Bill' - the bill that would help checking the rampant corruption that's affecting lives of all the people in India. The birth of Aam Aadmi Party itself has been very interesting. Formed by people who publicly said that they'll never form a political party formed a party and fought elections. They even surprised everyone in the Delhi Elections of 2013 by becoming the second biggest seat grabbers. Now they are rolling up their sleeves for the general elections of 2014 and want to contest for a major share of seats in the parliament.

I've seen a LOT of young people getting attracted by the party and supporting the Aam Aadmi Party and I think it's important for us to try and make sense out of what's happening in Indian politics. This discussion is all about discussing the Aam Aadmi Party, their politics and the role they're going to play in coming elections.

Note: Please be as descriptive as you can while expressing your thoughts. One word, one sentence or meaningless responses will be removed.

PS: Respect each other beliefs and political inclinations. No personal bashing. Period.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    What justifies the "interesting" nature of AAP is that they are biting their own tongue. They are amateurs when it comes to governing. Plus their method of governing is sustainability oriented, not progress oriented. They have ways to make people's life better in "existing resources" but they don't have any "development and upgrade" plan. The "over-confidence and disrespectful" attitude it good for watching and debating or even discussing but it won't help anyone.

From a prospective if you see, It makes a possible sense that," They are a political decoy. Came to power, saw that they couldn't manage now they are trying to go out by resigning on the name of JanLokpal Bill". Now isn't that so obvious that New Delhi is a Union Territory and it has limitations to make its own legislature. Specially one which was of norms that it would govern or put under radar the Union Government Agencies like CBI and IB. And they had this backup plan it seems. They knew they didn't have the power in constitution to make such law and they claimed to make it on a public ground. Is this how the country will be governed now? And it is their escape plan. If they don't manage to fix things, resign in the name of JanLokpal. What about the other promises they made? They are just a bunch of frustrated citizens who claim to come into politics and change it overnight. Such approach of change is not beneficial for taking the country forward but they are cutting down its wings to make a carpet to sit on.

I m not suggesting that people should not get free stuff, but that is not the top priority problem. Top Priority is Security within and in the bounds of society, Security outside the society at a national and international level, Security at Economic and Technological grounds.

No wonder if Kejriwal becomes PM, and he has to attend an International Summit for some serious XYZ issue like World Security and stuff he is going to repeat these lines there if he doesn't understand anything, "We are small people. We are a result of corruption by our government. This stuff doesn't fit in our brains so please don't count us."

And one of the most important aspect,

"AAP is a movement to eradicate corruption in the system. They do not have any plan as on what to do after they have made the system corruption free."
    And this is not the only issue we are facing.

They do not have any plan on fixing up our Border security issues, Economic issues, Social-Economic balancing issues, GDP issues, Industrial and Investment issues, Technological advancement and development issues.

They actually believe that Corruption is the only reason behind all these issues which proves how prejudiced and closed-minded they are.

One huge question which arises it,
    "Let us consider they manage to eradicate corruption from the country by 100%, what after that?"

And yes, This ideology that I am Honest and the whole world including businessman, industrialist, Politicians, Social Workers, Media, Bureaucracy, The whole world who doesn't support AAP is Corrupt, is too arrogant and fruitless. And if anyone answers, maybe other businessmen are corrupt not me, he has the next sentence ready, so come join us. AAP is taking us to Anarchy and Autocratic ideology rule.
    And this is actually the biggest problem we have. One party who is trying to become the biggest influential party in India has a "CORRUPT" ideology.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yesterday after a stunning defeat at assembly where kejriwal's most awaited jan lokpal bill experienced rejection (only 27 voted in favour and 42 voted against it. Arawind Kejriwal throwed away his CM post and mailed his resignation to President and requested him about assembly dissolution and for fresh elections.Is it right CEans to throw peoples trust?
    Is this a publicity stunt or a real decision for welfare of people?
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Yesterday after a stunning defeat at assembly where kejriwal's most awaited jan lokpal bill experienced rejection (only 27 voted in favour and 42 voted against it. Arawind Kejriwal throwed away his CM post and mailed his resignation to President and requested him about assembly dissolution and for fresh elections.Is it right CEans to throw peoples trust?
    Is this a publicity stunt or a real decision for welfare of people?
    I will vote "NO" for your question...
    But politics in India is always played for self benefits at first not for the peoples who have elected politicians for same work..

Anyone disagree,, ??
    hinesh
    I will vote "NO" for your question...
    But politics in India is always played for self benefits at first not for the peoples who have elected politicians for same work..

Anyone disagree,, ??
    Yes.We also want to know that conducting a relection would cost more and its all "People's Money".Throwing away the CM post cant win the bill, Kejriwal want to think in other ways to pass the bill.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes.We also want to know that conducting a relection would cost more and its all "People's Money".Throwing away the CM post cant win the bill, Kejriwal want to think in other ways to pass the bill.
    Yes,
    May be he is right in his view..
    But in politics., you have to keep all happy to do what is right.

As they say, In politics, we have to sometime forgo our ideal thoughts to do what is right for the entire population...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've merged the threads into a single discussion thread for AAP.

Kejriwal is preparing grounds for the Loksabha Polls. Sacrificing the CM seat for the post of PM. Let me explain Kejriwal's game plan.

Both BJP and Congress said that they'll support the bill and get pass 'IF' Kejriwal got the centre's permission to 'introduce it in the Delhi assembly'. If Kejriwal was actually committed to introducing the bill and getting it passed; he should have agreed to it!

But that'd mean BJP an Congress would get to be the real heroes and it'd strengthen BJP's stand as a party against corruption. Kejriwal, being the B-plan of Congress, did not want that.

So what does Kejriwal do?

He resigns and swinging all the mud on BJP and Congress. It helps Kejriwal (Congress) in multiple ways-
    1. He no longer have to prove his administration skills in Delhi. He's failed on almost every front as CM of Delhi. He will no longer have to deal with his failures.
    2. He will now make noise as if BJP and Congress opposed the 'bill' itself. Which is totally WRONG. But people won't understand it. They'll see Kejriwal as a hero who sacrificed his CM position for Jan Lokpal.
    3. Kejriwal gets all the free time in the world to seek votes to become a PM.
    Had Kejriwal gone to take Center's permission, and the centre had denied it; all the bad will would have gone to Congress (because they are ruling the centre).

Clearly shows Kejriwal is a b-plan of Congress which they created to stop Modi from becoming the Prime Minister.

(PS: I sincerely hope that the young engineers realise this dirty politics being played by Congress).

PS 1: I don't support BJP; but will vote for them because I want to see NaMo as PM of India.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Aren't people scrutinizing AAP unnecessarily? How come nobody asked following question to Congress or BJP?

They do not have any plan on fixing up our Border security issues, Economic issues, Social-Economic balancing issues, GDP issues, Industrial and Investment issues, Technological advancement and development issues.
    And why people see re-election as wastage of money but lot more being USED in corruption? Won't it be better if re-election happened and AAP got a clear majority so that it's easier for them to pass bills that matter? And why are people questioning Kejriwal's capability to lead when they are content with Sonia's, Rahul's and Akhilesh's ruling?
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    Anand Tamariya
    Aren't people scrutinizing AAP unnecessarily? How come nobody asked following question to Congress or BJP?

And why people see re-election as wastage of money but lot more being USED in corruption? Won't it be better if re-election happened and AAP got a clear majority so that it's easier for them to pass bills that matter? And why are people questioning Kejriwal's capability to lead when they are content with Sonia's, Rahul's and Akhilesh's ruling?
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : yes, big-k , congress is playing dirty politics. and for that matter no one is clean here. not AAP too.
    So instead of voting again to congress or AAP , Its good to have Vote NaMo for PM..

@#-Link-Snipped-# : no one is asking BJP or Congress same question coz its waste of asking them...

and If re-election happens, Instead of thinking for wastage of money, there are chances that AAP won't get majority (As their recent works of Image destruction) , Than again same scenario will happen. In that case AAP will only prove congress true that as AAP neither have experience of administration nor they are capable.

As big-k said., Dirty games are played by congress,Voting NaMo for PM will good (As per present scenario) decision ..
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Is passing Lokpal Bill is only responsibility of a government?
    Almost every dispute to other party, they just wanted to make a drama to gain attention of media and public.
    bringing Delhi Police under delhi command - Tell me a reason to go to Dharna? Is all work completed by ministers?
    Another example is logging FIR against Mukesh Ambani, case is already pending then why to log complain?

A genuine question asked by a Tv anchor - If you took referendum while forming govt. then why didn't you take while resigning?

Why I, do support BJP?
    1. I have no other option.
    2. 3 states*3 times (Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, MP)

Why not congress: Do you want to support a party whose senior most members don't have even self respect?

Why not AAP -Kejriwal - The whole AAP is still only centralized to kejriwal,
    People already told him run govt. do some good work but when saw a good opportunity to gain political advantage in General elections he just diluted the govt. and ran away.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    Anoop Kumar
    Almost every dispute to other party, they just wanted to make a drama to gain attention of media and public.
    bringing Delhi Police under delhi command - Tell me a reason to go to Dharna? Is all work completed by ministers?
    Another example is logging FIR against Mukesh Ambani, case is already pending then why to log complain?

A genuine question asked by a Tv anchor - If you took referendum while forming govt. then why didn't you take while resigning?

Why I, do support BJP?
    1. I have no other option.
    2. 3 states*3 times (Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, MP)

Why not congress: Do you want to support a party whose senior most member don't have even self respect?

Why not AAP -Kejriwal - The whole AAP is still only centralized to kejriwal,
    People already told him run govt. do some good work but when saw a good opportunity to gain political advantage in General elections he just diluted the govt. and ran away.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : agree with your opinion.
    As well as points for give vote to BJP and not to Congress nor AAP.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AAP, being the true challengers should have first demonstrated their caliber by performing in Delhi. You can't quit whr both the opposing parties were ready to vote in favor of the bill.

Kejriwal should have opted for re-elections when no party got cleat majority. I wonder what pressure was AAP under that they actually joined hands with the Congress to form a government? No one can deny that Kejriwal has taken a series of U-turns in the last few weeks. Hes now declared that he won't fight loksabha election... which basically means he will.

People should read Praja Rajyam story. The trick Congress is playing through AAP as proxy isnt new.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Irrespective of which political party you support, please be consistent with your value judgement.
    Would you argue against building a solid foundation for a skyscraper? Knowing that your bucket has holes, would you rather fix the leaks or focus on other aspects of filling it up?

and If re-election happens, Instead of thinking for wastage of money, there are chances that AAP won't get majority (As their recent works of Image destruction) , Than again same scenario will happen.
    Isn't it just a hypotheses? I can argue otherwise without proving anything. Remember nobody expected AAP to win even half the seats that they did.

You can't quit whr both the opposing parties were ready to vote in favor of the bill.
    You are ready to read into Kejriwal's mind but won't consider the facts - 27 members were in favour of the Bill while 42 were against it. You won't consider what he's saying - that he's there for Jan Lokpal bill. And he understands what moral responsibility means and he's fighting for his ideals.

No one can deny that Kejriwal has taken a series of U-turns in the last few weeks. Hes now declared that he won't fight loksabha election... which basically means he will.
    If you are in a new town looking for an address, do you stop at the first dead end? Do you wait for somebody to remove the dead-end? Or, do you take as many U-turns as required to reach your destination?

People should read Praja Rajyam story. The trick Congress is playing through AAP as proxy isnt new.
    Do you evaluate life by its journey or the end (death)? Even if it ends in a predictable way, I'd be happy if he brings in one positive change!! Kejriwal is better than scores of arm-chair critics who can only crib or criticise!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In other discussion I have already made a point that,
    Instead of blindly supporting AAP we should wait for them to prove something, that they have capability to run govt. without corruption and with development.

What if Mr. Kerjiwal is another Mulayam Singh yadav / Lalu yadav , both have emerged from a anti-curruption movement and they both majority and formed govt. in their first poll, rest everyone knows the story of these two.

Kejriwal got chance to prove this trend false but instead of facing challenges, just quit.

Anand Tamariya
    Why should I not ask this question to AAP, other than some national issue, and you will also agree that AAP has no clue to think about nation issues (Ex. Senior AAP leader on Kashmir)?
    Another burning question is sefety of all public (not only women) in Delhi, what was the stand of on this ? (Dharna at central minister house!!)

Anand Tamariya
    Would you argue against building a solid foundation for a skyscraper? Knowing that your bucket has holes, would you rather fix the leaks or focus on other aspects of filling it up?
    Friend, Exactly my point this is, I will fix it rather than quitting in hope that management will believe me and give me my choice of team to work on next time. Why people will believe you, they have already listen your point earlier and put you in team to work with.
    And, JanLokpal bill is not only pillar , it is sure a important one but there are several stilts to make a solid foundation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    You are ready to read into Kejriwal's mind but won't consider the facts - 27 members were in favour of the Bill while 42 were against it. You won't consider what he's saying - that he's there for Jan Lokpal bill. And he understands what moral responsibility means and he's fighting for his ideals.
    27 members in favour of introducing the bill in the parliament 'the Kejriwal way', and 42 were against it. BJP and Congress had already said that if Kejriwal brings the bill to the table in a constitutional way (debatable point); they will pass it.

The vote you mentioned was about getting the centre's nod to the introduction of the bill - and the bill itself.

Anand Tamariya
    If you are in a new town looking for an address, do you stop at the first dead end? Do you wait for somebody to remove the dead-end? Or, do you take as many U-turns as required to reach your destination?
    Seriously? I didn't expect this from you, Anand. Just two weeks ago; he said that he won't contest Loksabha Polls. Now, as I type this he's being interviewed by Barkha Dutt and Kejirwal is saying "I've not decided whether I'll contest or not".

You can't even decide whether you will contest or not - and you want the charge to run this country?

Anand Tamariya
    Do you evaluate life by its journey or the end (death)? Even if it ends in a predictable way, I'd be happy if he brings in one positive change!! Kejriwal is better than scores of arm-chair critics who can only crib or criticise!
    Why should live be evaluated in first place? What should be the benchmark to evaluate it against?

...do we want a proven & time-tested candidate or a fresher to take up the job of CEO of this country? And seriously, what did Kejriwal do in 49 days of his government- 'dharma' + 'blaming' + free water + 50% discount to who participated in his Dharna (this ain't funny). Even Mr. Sushil Kumar Shinde had declared free electricity to all the farmers in Maharashtra.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    27 members in favour of introducing the bill in the parliament 'the Kejriwal way', and 42 were against it. BJP and Congress had already said that if Kejriwal brings the bill to the table in a constitutional way (debatable point); they will pass it.
    What's the point of re-emphasising a debatable point? What does it prove? It's a known fact that Lokpal bill hasn't been passed in over a year with all the public promises to Anna Hazare.

Kaustubh Katdare
    Why should live be evaluated in first place? What should be the benchmark to evaluate it against?

...do we want a proven & time-tested candidate or a fresher to take up the job of CEO of this country? And seriously, what did Kejriwal do in 49 days of his government- 'dharma' + 'blaming' + free water + 50% discount to who participated in his Dharna (this ain't funny). Even Mr. Sushil Kumar Shinde had declared free electricity to all the farmers in Maharashtra.
    Really? You don't want to evaluate life. You don't have a benchmark. Yet you want to evaluate Kejriwal. Isn't that hypocrisy?

Kejriwal has raised people's hope, given them a chance to participate in politics which was shunned so far by majority considering it to be dirty. Look at the number of registration in the party in just one month.

And who is your proven & time-tested candidate? Seriously, that smacks of typical Indian double standards - they keep on praising old, want things to be done the proven way and then ponder why we don't generate new ideas, products and processes. Most of the revolutionary things that you see around are brought in by freshers in their respective domains.

Friend, Exactly my point this is, I will fix it rather than quitting in hope that management will believe me and give me my choice of team to work on next time. Why people will believe you, they have already listen your point earlier and put you in team to work with.
    And, JanLokpal bill is not only pillar , it is sure a important one but there are several stilts to make a solid foundation.
    Well, you haven't begun. You don't even want to begin because you keep thinking about all the stilts at once (analysis paralysis). Kejriwal has atleast started - one step at a time - I wish him all the luck.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    What's the point of re-emphasising a debatable point? What does it prove? It's a known fact that Lokpal bill hasn't been passed in over a year with all the public promises to Anna Hazare.
    Re-emphasising because it's an important point; and people should understand what exactly is happening. The BJP has supported the bill in the centre too; it was Congress's responsibility to introduce it in the parliament. For Delhi, it was Kejriwal's responsibility to introduce it in the parliament.

If Kejriwal 'really' wanted to get the bill passed for Delhi, he should have agreed to what the opposition (BJP) was asking for (that is get the centre's permission to introduce the bill for Delhi). If he'd gone that way and BJP had actually helped pass the bill - it'd have taken all the air out of Kejriwal's balloon; and the BJP would have been seen as a 'good' party; which Kejriwal did not want at any cost.

Anand Tamariya
    Really? You don't want to evaluate life. You don't have a benchmark. Yet you want to evaluate Kejriwal. Isn't that hypocrisy?
    Is Kejriwal = Life?

I will evaluate Kejriwal on every damn front out their because he and his party are aiming for the top job. If he's planning to run this country - I've full right to evaluate him, judge him and form an opinion. Where exactly do you think I'm being a hypocrite?

Anand Tamariya
    Kejriwal has raised people's hope, given them a chance to participate in politics which was shunned so far by majority considering it to be dirty. Look at the number of registration in the party in just one month.
    For the record's sake; I used to be a Kejriwal supporter. I was out there on the streets when Anna Hazare was fasting.

Kejriwal's U-turns aren't regular U-turns. When you declare 'fast until death' (which Kejriwal did), I went on to support him because there was this man betting his life for us. Had I (and all the people) known that Kejriwal would call it off 'just-like-that, to form a political party'; no sane person would have supported him.

...and that's why Congress didn't take him seriously either (he's their b-plan, anyways). Ask Kejriwal to declare 'fast-until-death' again and see how many people turn up.

People got on the streets because Anna Hazare has NEVER failed people's faith. When he meant 'fast-until-death' - he actually meant it; and that's why it led to several MLAs and MPs resign in Maharashtra.

Anand Tamariya
    And who is your proven & time-tested candidate? Seriously, that smacks of typical Indian double standards - they keep on praising old, want things to be done the proven way and then ponder why we don't generate new ideas, products and processes. Most of the revolutionary things that you see around are brought in by freshers in their respective domains.
    Na.Mo!

He's my candidate.
    He's delivered in Gujarat; and I trust what people of Gujarat have said.
    He provides 24x7x365 power all over Gujarat- enough for me to judge his capabilities of governance.
    He's my reason to vote for the BJP.
    I firmly believe that a nationalist at the top can make the change than a bunch of fools who claim to be 'honest'. And no sane India-loving person should vote for AAP unless you want Kashmir to be given to Pakistan. What are those guys smoking anyways?

I'm all game for new ideas; but I'm not blind to totally not see how Congress is playing games. You can't expect them to give up what they've been ruling for the past 60+ years. The 'AAP' plan started way back in 2009 because Congress new 2014 is going to be extremely hard (or impossible to win). So what do they do? They first create an pseudo-enemy (AAP); so that people will go with the enemy. The enemy keeps telling people that they are against the established giants (Congress). So all the anti-congress votes go to AAP. AAP then joins hands with Congress OR Congress simply rules through a proxy called AAP. BJP is kept out of power. Problem solved.

Anand Tamariya
    Kejriwal has atleast started - one step at a time - I wish him all the luck.
    People will love 'David Vs. Goliath' stories. 'Small, middle class, coughing' man taking on big guns makes a perfect success story. Congress knows this. I hope the people will open their eyes before it's too late.[/quote][/quote]
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I can understand your frustration. Being let down by one's ideal can be very disturbing. But I'm afraid you are going to be in the same state soon unless you stop mind-reading and projecting your ideas and views on the one you are idolising. Before I make any further argument, let me re-state what I said earlier:
    Irrespective of which political party you support, please be consistent with your value judgement.
    Read the above again. If you don't understand it, you may ignore the rest.

Kaustubh Katdare
    Re-emphasising because it's an important point; and people should understand what exactly is happening. The BJP has supported the bill in the centre too; it was Congress's responsibility to introduce it in the parliament. For Delhi, it was Kejriwal's responsibility to introduce it in the parliament.

If Kejriwal 'really' wanted to get the bill passed for Delhi, he should have agreed to what the opposition (BJP) was asking for (that is get the centre's permission to introduce the bill for Delhi). If he'd gone that way and BJP had actually helped pass the bill - it'd have taken all the air out of Kejriwal's balloon; and the BJP would have been seen as a 'good' party; which Kejriwal did not want at any cost.
    Is it that difficult to see the diversonary tactics being applied by the seasoned parties and their politicians? If you think party functions as a single entity (the reason you're voting for Na.Mo), what was BJP, the 'good' party, doing for last one year to raise it at center?

Is Kejriwal = Life?
    I suggest you read the complete thread again. Kejriwal is not equal to life. You can derive this only by a very flawed logic. The conclusion I wanted you to draw was to apply a consistent yardstick in your evaluations.

I will evaluate Kejriwal on every damn front out their because he and his party are aiming for the top job. If he's planning to run this country - I've full right to evaluate him, judge him and form an opinion. Where exactly do you think I'm being a hypocrite?
    You are flawed on two counts here -
    - By your own admission, you have a right to comment on his actions when he's contesting for MP post which affects you. However, right now you're targeting his actions in Delhi which is way beyond it affecting you directly.
    - Your hypocrisy is - you are NOT ASKING this question to your other favorites. I don't see a forum post asking this question (or any other for that matter) to guys who ARE CONTESTING for so-called top post. Do ask such questions to them as well (and keep your fingers crossed that your site is not shut down!!)

For the record's sake; I used to be a Kejriwal supporter. I was out there on the streets when Anna Hazare was fasting.

Kejriwal's U-turns aren't regular U-turns. When you declare 'fast until death' (which Kejriwal did), I went on to support him because there was this man betting his life for us. Had I (and all the people) known that Kejriwal would call it off 'just-like-that, to form a political party'; no sane person would have supported him.

...and that's why Congress didn't take him seriously either (he's their b-plan, anyways). Ask Kejriwal to declare 'fast-until-death' again and see how many people turn up.

People got on the streets because Anna Hazare has NEVER failed people's faith. When he meant 'fast-until-death' - he actually meant it; and that's why it led to several MLAs and MPs resign in Maharashtra.
    That's emotional rant and I sympathize with you. However, if you are going to debate, I'd rather you give factual and logical arguments - otherwise it's just your personal biased opinion. And if you love opinions, your opinion notwithstanding, here's what Delhi thinks about re-electing Kejriwal Delhi will vote for Kejriwal AGAIN, not Congress or BJP: Poll - Rediff.com News

And no sane India-loving person should vote for AAP unless you want Kashmir to be given to Pakistan. What are those guys smoking anyways?
    You are following all U-TURNS of Kejriwal but you won't give him credit when he was explicit in mentioning he doesn't share Prashant Bhushan's view on Kashmir. Again this is double standard - apply a logic as and when one suits you.

People will love 'David Vs. Goliath' stories. 'Small, middle class, coughing' man taking on big guns makes a perfect success story. Congress knows this. I hope the people will open their eyes before it's too late.
    Lastly, we have given PASSIVE SUPPORT to DUBIUS CRIMINAL POLITICIANS for long. It's about time we STOP ACTIVELY OPPOSING a SINCERE, HONEST and NON-CRIMINAL person - if we can't support him!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    Read the above again. If you don't understand it, you may ignore the rest.
    I don't know which part of my post made you think I'm frustrated. Well, I'm frustrated with the gross blindness of the AAP supporters. Anyway, that's my own problem though. I did read your post - word by word before replying to it.

Anand Tamariya
    Is it that difficult to see the diversonary tactics being applied by the seasoned parties and their politicians? If you think party functions as a single entity (the reason you're voting for Na.Mo), what was BJP, the 'good' party, doing for last one year to raise it at center?
    First line of the quote: That's the question that needs to be answered by the AAP supporters. Don't you see the diversionary politics being played by 'the Congress'?

By the way; BJP is in opposition in the parliament. They can only vote for or against the bill introduced by the UPA.

Anand Tamariya
    I suggest you read the complete thread again. Kejriwal is not equal to life. You can derive this only by a very flawed logic. The conclusion I wanted you to draw was to apply a consistent yardstick in your evaluations.
    Read. I'm only extending on what you said. Not drawing any conclusion.

Anand Tamariya
    You are flawed on two counts here -
    - By your own admission, you have a right to comment on his actions when he's contesting for MP post which affects you. However, right now you're targeting his actions in Delhi which is way beyond it affecting you directly.
    Delhi does affect me, sire! I'd have commented/judged/questions any political party that is aspiring to fight the national elections; no matter which state they're playing from. Delhi affects me indirectly - and it matters.

Anand Tamariya
    - Your hypocrisy is - you are NOT ASKING this question to your other favorites. I don't see a forum post asking this question (or any other for that matter) to guys who ARE CONTESTING for so-called top post. Do ask such questions to them as well (and keep your fingers crossed that your site is not shut down!!)
    ...and why do you think I'm not asking? Who are the contenders?
    Rahul Gandhi: Arnab Goswami did a fantastic job in News Hour. I don't think we should trouble Mr. Gandhi more. He'll retire and go back to Italy (hopefully). Or simply continue ruling through AAP.

Na.Mo: He's been asked, questioned, grilled 100x times; and the man has delivered. Why would I waste my time questioning the man who's proved himself multiple times?

I do *not* say Na.Mo is 100% perfect. I don't say Gujarat is 100% developed. But you've got to agree that the state has progressed under his leadership.

Kejriwal: This thread.

Third Front: All ambiguous.

Who's left?

Anand Tamariya
    That's emotional rant and I sympathize with you. However, if you are going to debate, I'd rather you give factual and logical arguments - otherwise it's just your personal biased opinion. And if you love opinions, your opinion notwithstanding, here's what Delhi thinks about re-electing Kejriwal Delhi will vote for Kejriwal AGAIN, not Congress or BJP: Poll - Rediff.com News
    Rediff Survey, man?

Anyways - I just hope people open their eyes. God save this country. Pen is mightier than sword; I hope ๐Ÿ˜€

Anand Tamariya
    You are following all U-TURNS of Kejriwal but you won't give him credit when he was explicit in mentioning he doesn't share Prashant Bhushan's view on Kashmir. Again this is double standard - apply a logic as and when one suits you.
    Yep. You're asking me to trust a man of U-turns. I did trust Kejriwal. He failed me once, twice, thrice.
    • He's 'explicitly' said he won't contest elections.
    • He 'explicitly' said he won't take support from Congress / BJP
    • He explicitly said he'll end VIP culture; and then asked for the twin Bunglow (did you see the Times Now expose?)
    • Search for 'Kejriwal U-Turns' on Google for more.
    Anand Tamariya
    Lastly, we have given PASSIVE SUPPORT to DUBIUS CRIMINAL POLITICIANS for long. It's about time we STOP ACTIVELY OPPOSING a SINCERE, HONEST and NON-CRIMINAL person - if we can't support him!!
    ...yep. Agreed. We, the people of India, voted for Congress for so long.

...and the criminals that look like criminals aren't the dangerous ones. The real danger comes from the people who don't look like Criminals. Ravan disguised himself as a 'Saint' to Kidnap Sita. We tend to forget history.

PS: I hope we get more views into this debate.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Okay, let me add my two cents! The problem I have with AAP is their immaturity in running a government and then running away from it. You can say that he did a lot for the people in Delhi, but I guess we need to understand that it's a whole different thing to give subsidy and reducing the prices. I would like to shed some light on that infamous dharna and resignation.

I used to be a supporter of Kajriwal, but then things happened. First of all, that Dharna didn't make any sense. Everybody, every single person who has been following this movement knows that Delhi police isn't under Delhi govt. Now, when you are a CM you are supposed to build pressure on central govt to get things done and not sit on dharna and disturb the whole administration. Again, let's say that central govt doesn't listen or this is the way keriwal does politics, I can level with you till here. But asking policemen to quit job and join the Dharna and then ending it without getting anything solid in return was a deal breaker for me. This is just ridiculous. You cant say he at least tried, he is a CM now, not an activist.

Now let's come to resignation. When he decided to form the govt, he sent a list of 18 points to congress. Congress said for 16 points you dont need us and other 2 are out of your jurisdiction anyway. (I dont think I need to put a reference here!). Janlokpal was one of the two points. So, basically it was clear that congress will never support Janlokpal. Then why the hell did you make govt in the first place when it was clear that you wont be able to pass the bill? What is more hilarious is that no one was opposing the bill, they were just opposing the way it was being brought in! What was AAP's issue with consulting central govt, they could have done that and then present the bill in Delhi assembly. But then they wouldn't have got the chance to play martyr! If you took a referendum before forming the govt, why don't ask people before you quit? Don't they have any say now? Or will you just do whatever you want, whenever you want? I am not supporter of the theory that kejriwal is b-team of congress, but he is just trying too hard to prove that he is!

I would like to come back to subsidies. Giving away freebies is nothing new, everybody does that, but they also manage the budget. India is a populist country and we can't afford communism. Dont jump just now! He is pro poor and anti-corporates. That's text book communism. I am not saying if it's good or bad, we just gotta decide what we are. Then there is the FIR issue, the highly predictable U-turns, almost daily press conferences and (exclusive!) TV-interviews and the legendary tales of Somnath Bharti!

The problem is AAP-fans think that their party is better than the other parties, but the truth is AAP hasn't got the chance to show their cards. And whatever they have shown, it's not pleasant. How are we supposed to give votes to a party who couldn't hold their fort in Delhi for 50 days, despite being given "unconditional support". If they wanted, they could have changed a lot, but instead they showed that they are too immature and don't believe in diplomacy. They had 2014 in their mind all along, it's not wrong but their actions don't match their words.

AAP got a good opportunity to make some changes (real ones!), but I am sorry to see that they blew it up.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Every criminal, business or party has a modus operandi.
    AAP has dharna as its MO.

From the beginning I felt that they were immature, simplistic and thinking in black or white. I do not see any creative development plan. One can have development even in a corruption riddled situation. Yes, jaadu maarna is necessary but not sufficient. A clean slate is blank.

When in power they should have acted in circumspection and gone after a slow and incremental development. People do not expect overnight miracles. What they want is a steady betterment. Instead AAP went for the kill, the clean sweep and got swept out.

I do not know if they did themselves irreparable damage.

Ultimately we get what we deserve even if it is a just bunch of clowns or a flash in the pan instead of the promised pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Tagore's dream land seems to be just that. Hope we do wake up into that heaven of freedom.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Curiously, I received this in the mail just now from Mr.Shivakumar, my daughter's father-in-law and a former civil servant, who migrated to the World Bank from which he retired. The article is by Mr.M.N.Buch, another retired civil servant and Shivakumar's friend. Dead on the nose on this topic.

Quote:

Dare We Hope for Governance?โ€‹
    By M N BuchPublished: 17th February 2014 02:00 AMLast Updated: 17th February 2014 01:02 AM
    Prof. Swaminathan, a distinguished retired professor from IIT Delhi, spoke to me about how concerned he is about recent developments in India. A young woman who lives in New York and is involved at senior levels in the international education scene had visited her mother, accompanied by her four-year-old daughter. The woman is very conscious of her Indian roots and is trying to bring up her daughter in New York as an Indian. However, she said that considering how unsafe India has become for women she would hate to return and raise her daughter here. Since I have known her as a child I was deeply shocked that a woman, who has studied in Indian schools and colleges, lived happily in hostels, should suddenly begin to feel this way about her own country.
    My son lives in the US and says he finds India too chaotic a country to live in. Mind you, this is not Katherine Mayo writing about India in what Mahatma Gandhi described as a gutter inspectorโ€™s report. This is a senior professor, a professional young woman and my own son, a computer specialist. Have we suddenly slid to a position where even those who are innately Indian are beginning to have doubts about their own country? Has 67 years of independence brought us to a situation where a wretched country like the US can dare to arrest one of our diplomats and ill treat her, the Chinese can violate our boundaries with impunity, professional entrance examination boards, such as that of MP can, through wholesale bribery, manipulate examinations in such a way that totally ineligible students can get entry into medical and technical education? Have our police become so inefficient and our administration so impotent that suddenly no Indian woman can be safe at the workplace, in the streets or at home? Is this all the result of media exposure of what always existed or is there a total collapse of moral values? Can the situation be improved?
    Of late, I have been deeply distressed at the trends not only in the political world but in every aspect of life in India. I have written so often that 1967 was the watershed year in which the game of purchasing power through outright bribery started and soon became endemic. Legislators found that they could command a price, which had to be paid if power was to be acquired. Once power was thus purchased, money had to be found to hold on to power and subsequently to renew it. This corrupted the entire system because such money can only be obtained through illegal means. Now, power became both the means and the end of all thoughts of welfare; the public good, principled government and personal integrity went by the board. To this was added the attempt in 1975 by Indira Gandhi to establish authoritarian rule through proclamation of a state of emergency. A system corrupted by the purchase of power was now further attacked through authoritarian rule where all accountability was dispensed with. This combination was the recipe for national disaster.
    There are many consequences which have flowed from the events in 1967 and 1975. The worst of these is the emergence of competitive populism. The partner of such populism is wholesale opportunism because the two go together like a horse and carriage. Such populism means that decisions of government are taken on the basis of immediate expediency, there is neither rationale nor reason or a long-term view of consequences because the objective is not good government but somehow clinging on to power and hang on to it. A government or political party that depends on populism and expediency cannot have an ideology, a doctrine or a platform of programmes which together promote what the party stands for in consonance with the welfare of the people. Now, nothing is prohibited in politics, not even corruption, intimidation, inducement, or even murder. That is what our politicians have reduced us to. Where does this leave any room for hope?
    I take heart from the fact that when the extreme brahminical distortion of religion overtook the sanatan dharma, out of dharma itself emerged Gautam Buddha and Buddhism. When Buddhism reached its apex in India the sanatan dharma made a comeback because Adi Sankara who, through the philosophy of advaita cleansed the faith of corruption, the religion made a comeback and Buddhism retreated in the country of its origin. Dayanand Saraswati and Swami Vivekanand performed a similar service, just as the Sufis, including Amir Khusro, brought Islam back from Wahabi extremism to the more liberal religion which Allah had revealed. In politics, too, such reform is possible. JP Narainโ€™s Sampoorna Kranti was an attempt to focus the anger of the people at misgovernment. The movement started as an agitation, very close in its ideology and execution to Mahatma Gandhiโ€™s satyagraha. Unfortunately, its goals werenโ€™t clear and, therefore, Sampoorna Kranti first became entirely agitational and subsequently disorderly, indisciplined and in many places, violent. It thus became vulnerable and was crushed by Indira Gandhi, but the fact remained that Indians could be brought to anger, which could erupt. Hitherto the masses were deemed to be docile, even inert.
    The second attempt at such reform was Anna Hazareโ€™s anti-corruption campaign, soon to be usurped by Arvind Kejriwal. The fundamentals were sound but the dogma was flawed and it is the dogma which determined action. In the case of Kejriwal it became what president Pranab Mukherji very aptly described as โ€œpopulist anarchyโ€. The way the Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi fared, it created a sense of dรฉjร  vu. Like the Sampoorna Kranti movement the agitational approach is favoured and the AAP is liable to self-destruct because it fails to provide good government.
    This article is not a critique of JP or Kejriwal. It is an article on whether there is hope. I see hope in the fact that the people of India can be angry at what they sense to be bad government. This anger can coalesce and explode. If it is well directed and organised, made amenable to discipline and then properly focused this gives us that ray of hope which will disperse the miasmic clouds of political despair and instead help the Indian electorate find the path to electing those who hold out hope of good government. Because of this I do dare to hope.

M N Buch, a former civil servant, is chairman, National Centre for Human Settlements and
    Environment, Bhopal;
    Wow , A great discussion with good points after a long time.Great work friends(CE).
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Pensu
    Congress said for 16 points you dont need us and other 2 are out of your jurisdiction anyway. (I dont think I need to put a reference here!).
    Actually you should - just in case you know of something that others don't. Congress was ambiguous in "unconditional support", but AAP was very clear about it: Aam Aadmi Party sets Congress and BJP conditions for government formation in Delhi
    Aam Aadmi issues for major parties
    1. End VIP culture in Delhi; MLA, minister and officer would be allowed a red beacon vehicle
    2. Jan Lokpal Bill for Delhi
    3. No funds for MLAs. People of colonies will decide for development works in their areas.
    4. The status of state for Delhi
    5. Audit of electricity companies; they will return money to public if any malfunctioning is found
    6. Checking of electricity meters
    7. Free supply of at least 700 litre water to each household.
    8. Regularisation of unauthorised colonies with all civic amenities in place.
    9. Allotment of plots and pucca houses to people living in slums
    10. Contractual workers working on MCD and other departments should be regularised.
    11. Relaxation in VAT for industrialists and traders
    12. No FDI in retail in Delhi
    13. Subsidy for farmers in 360 villages of Delhi
    14. Transparency in the fee mechanism of private schools and uplift in the standard of government and MCD schools. Donation in private schools should be banned.
    15. New government hospitals to be opened in Delhi with facilities at par with private hospitals
    16. Special security group should be made for security of women. Case should end within six months with tough punishment to the accused.
    17. More courts should be opened in Delhi so that the decision of the cases come within a year.
    18. Central government should come forth in help of Delhi government to achieve all above mentioned goals
    Now use this as a benchmark to evaluate Kejriwal's performance in 50 days. Show me any other party which has this clarity in their manifesto; and which is ready to be held accountable for the same. I can't really make sense when people don't want to set ANY expectations or goals and then are very happy with whatever is handed over to them in the name of progress. I prefer progress by design than by accident. Do you really want to be that employee who makes millions for his employers for 25 years on minimum wages and then be grateful about receiving a Titan/HMT watch at the end of it?

Kejriwal is a man of action and consequently, is impatient. What I don't understand is people masking indifference and apathy as patience in all matters except Kejriwal!!
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Anand Tamariya
    Actually you should - just in case you know of something that others don't.
    Okay, here you go : Congress sends reply to AAP on posers, says 16 of 18 demands need administrative decisions | Delhi News | Zee News

And as far as his evaluation is concerned, you need to understand, distributing freebies doesn't solve the problems, it just gets you more votes. I guess you are underestimating people, people do have expectation and they do check what their govt is doing and that's the only reason Kejriwal came into power. Being a man of action is good (frankly, I don't see any action that actually had a future vision) but I don't think being impatient is such a good idea. For the sake of argument, let's say that his intentions were good, but he failed miserably in changing them into action.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Anna Hazare revolution is near to perfect dรฉjร  vu .

Here is quote from JP Narayan
    "This is a revolution, friends! We are not here merely to see the Vidhan Sabha dissolved. That is only one milestone on our journey. But we have a long way to go... After 27 years of freedom, people of this country are wracked by hunger, rising prices, corruption... oppressed by every kind of injustice... it is a Total Revolution we want, nothing less!โ€"

Today we at 67 year from Independence.

Parties ware born and got the power in respected states. Sad though, most politician from JP movement are now on top of corruption with their idiotic politics.
    People trusted again this time and brought kejriwal to power but this is falling apart.
    It would be interesting to see in coming 5-10 years, where AAP is heading to.

But, I believe outcome of these movement is somehow positive, it fill the sense in public that, they can still make a change. Their vote is not a waste and can force govt. to do the right thing.

Only drawback of our Indian society is Following Blindly, A person, A group or a faith. If you observe on social sites, in majority of your friends, half of the people are constantly bashing Kejriwal while the other praising of his all acts. Similar happened while Asharam Bapu case (Even before the arrest), few of them are proving like biggest criminal while others praying him.

I supported AAP as alternative clean politics. But quitting just to take advantage in LS poll in 50 days is huge letdown, their most highlighted work is huge subsidy in water and electricity so does Samajwadi party and congress doing in country.
    I believe, if AAP will run as a party, not as another single person ideology they will make a difference. But for now I like to see them in opposition, so they can taste how politics works.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    End VIP culture, that is not ended for the matter of fact.
    Providing free water , what a joke. It is being provided for people with metered connections who are middle class and upper, who could easily afford that water. and once they got that free water it got just wasted.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Will people please stop blabbering gibberish and talk with some concrete facts? It pains me to see logical analysis being sacrificed at the altar of engineering community - so much so that it's not amusing anymore ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    Intensions of mr. Arvind kejriwal do not seem to be prejudiced but due to lack of experience and proper leadership virtues he can not be deployed at such higher level from where he just had resigned . Mr. Kejriwal will work well if ,at first,he heads a small territory learn thing and peoples i.e. What they demand and how to fullfill their demands and then move forward ,then i think there would come a day when mr. Kejriwal will be better a leader with appropriate amount of enthusiasm and acumens .deeply shaken by the corrupt system and overwhelming support from peoples Mr. Kejriwal is full of enthusiasm and lacking shrewdness . I can not say anything clearly about the intensions of entire AAP party.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Anand Tamariya
    Will people please stop blabbering gibberish and talk with some concrete facts? It pains me to see logical analysis being sacrificed at the altar of engineering community - so much so that it's not amusing anymore ๐Ÿ˜”
    OK here us the general analysis..
    Isn't everyone in all debates think that they are the only one who is perfectly right โ˜•
  • Abhinab Kumar
    Abhinab Kumar
    AAP 1st showed us how campaigns are managed in USA. That's their key power. They converted online presence of Indian Population pretty fast.

I think this explains every thing..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My comment focuses on the point that the performance of the Kejriwal government has been exceptional in 49 days it lasted in Delhi; as compared to other Governments all over India.

As I've said, Kejriwal is playing mind-games with people. Kejriwal understands Indians love free things and he's exactly doing what makes him look like the Shivajirao (Anil Kapoor) of movie Nayak. When you know that you've to quit the game after a few days; you do *EVREYTHING* to make you look awesome.

Kejriwal cuts electricity bills by offering subsidy (paid for through the tax money) for a few months and offering free water. He knows that he does not have to care for the long-term provision of the same because he won't be heading the government for a long time. The TV channels are already reporting that the electricity bills will be 'DOUBLED' starting April!

I'd have favoured (and even voted) for AAP had they proven themselves in Delhi; by showing us how an ideal government is run. Why hurry for the post of PM when you can't even run Delhi government for just 1 year?

I see the whole episode like this:-

A young engineer who's just joined an IT company is totally unhappy with the way company is run. So he's made the CEO of the company. Knowing that he isn't capable of running the company smoothly; he declares 50% salary increment to all the employees (or the ones who support him); shrinks working days from 5 to 3 and allows on-site opportunity to everyone who demands it - because that's what everyone wants. He enjoys the CEO's seat for 2 weeks and resigns saying that the board of directors aren't allowing him to do that - putting all the blame on the board of directors.

(My analogies may not be perfect; but I think the above paragraph represents what Kejrwal did in Delhi)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I'm curious to know whether CEans from Gujarat agree with what Arvind Kejriwal is saying throughout his ongoing visit to Gujarat.

Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I'm curious to know whether CEans from Gujarat agree with what Arvind Kejriwal is saying throughout his ongoing visit to Gujarat.

Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Here is my answer:- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Says a lot! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here is my answer:- #-Link-Snipped-#
    I'd be skeptical of any content on that site whose purpose reads "Forcenamo.com is a collaborative platform that enables you to help make Narendra Modi the next PM of India". Starting with the answer to first question, the author is presenting some figures without any reference making people take them for facts. An independent view on NTPC-Reliance fight is
    10 things you should know about the Reliance KG-D6 gas deal | Business Standard News
    Why is the NTPC-Reliance dispute all about?

Reliance Industries refused to sign the contract for supply of gas. Jairam Ramesh, the Minister of Power in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha in 2009 said that รข€œAfter issuance of LOI, RIL did not come forward to sign the Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement and sought major changes in the draft GSPA.In spite of all the efforts (by NTPC) RIL did not sign the GSPA agreed during the bidding process.รข€

NTPC dragged Reliance to Bombay High Court on December 20, 2005 but unfortunately the case that has dragged on. The case after nine years is still sub judice. Here again the government's disinterest in protecting the interests of its own PSU has been a matter of much debate.

While NTPC was fighting the case with Reliance in the Bombay High Court, the government referred the matter to an Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) in 2007 headed by none other than the current President Pranab Mukherjee, who was then the finance minister. EGoM approved a rate hike of $4.2 per mmBtu of gas. This decision was taken without a single unit of gas coming out of the KG basin.

Reliance grabbed at this opportunity and said that it could not supply gas at a price lower than the mandated price set by the government.
    Doesn't this raise serious question on this gas deal?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anand Tamariya
    I'd be skeptical of any content on that site whose purpose reads "Forcenamo.com is a collaborative platform that enables you to help make Narendra Modi the next PM of India". Starting with the answer to first question, the author is presenting some figures without any reference making people take them for facts. An independent view on NTPC-Reliance fight is
    It was same as AK's figure !
    One more thing is if Kejriwal is saying that there is no Growth in Gujarat then what about the growth of other states?

Funny note:- Kejriwas tweets - There is no growth in Gujarat -- Tweeted using free WiFi in Ahmedabad. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Another note:- I am not Kejriwal hater but at moment we need NaMo as PM.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Harshad Italiya
    One more thing is if Kejriwal is saying that there is no Growth in Gujarat then what about the growth of other states?
    FY everyone, just one year back central ministers, including Shashi Tharoor, went to Gujarat to expose development there but they came back with empty hand. (I can't able to find the article about this).

Thing is we hate/ignore but, right now,you can't deny the fact, there is no better option than Modi for PM.
    Tell me one I will vote for him, non-BJP candidate.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Harshad Italiya

Funny note:- Kejriwas tweets - There is no growth in Gujarat -- Tweeted using free WiFi in Ahmedabad. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Another note:- I am not Kejriwal hater but at moment we need NaMo as PM.
    Whoever wins, REASON MUST NOT LOSE!! Supporting someone is fine - but please don't be a blind supporter. Kejriwal is as wrong in saying there is NO growth in Gujarat as you are in assuming Gujarat is the fastest growing or largest economy in India. Since people have been so lazy to verify facts on their own, here are some pointers. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This thread seems to be turning into Modi Vs. Kejriwal. I'd also not trust the numbers because most of these numbers are fabricated (and that applies to every damn party in India). Let's not get into that and get our discussion back to the politics of the Aam Aadmi Party.
    ----------x-------------x----------x---------|

The recent developments are really interesting. Let me get the discussion back on track by asking how many of CEans think that Aam Aadmi Party is justified in fighting the national elections and how many think that they should have stayed in Delhi and proven their ability to govern and prepare for 2019 elections?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    many think that they should have stayed in Delhi and proven their ability to govern and prepare for 2019 elections?
    I am in strong favor in this and even being in Delhi also they would have fought for LS but in this case Congress would have totally exposed as soon as AAP tries๐Ÿ‘€ to bring previous Delhi congress ministers under Jurisdiction.
    Now, AAP have only one job.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    And while we are discussing, I would like to know what people think about this:

I am not saying Mr. Kejriwal said something wrong, manipulating media is something that everyone does from a politician to a industrialist. I don't think I need to put out what AAPtards have been doing on twitter! But when you spent a whole eternity(!) claiming that media is biased, paid, working against you, blacking you out, we are at a higher moral ground, blah, blah and then this comes out, it does questions your credibility. I guess it's like if you favor us then you are honest, if you are against us, there is a press conference coming!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Kumar
    I am in strong favor in this and even being in Delhi also they would have fought for LS but in this case Congress would have totally exposed as soon as AAP tries๐Ÿ‘€ to bring previous Delhi congress ministers under Jurisdiction.
    Now, AAP have only one job.
    I second Anoop. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Pensu
    And while we are discussing, I would like to know what people think about this:

I am not saying Mr. Kejriwal said something wrong, manipulating media is something that everyone does from a politician to a industrialist. I don't think I need to put out what AAPtards have been doing on twitter! But when you spent a whole eternity(!) claiming that media is biased, paid, working against you, blacking you out, we are at a higher moral ground, blah, blah and then this comes out, it does questions your credibility. I guess it's like if you favor us then you are honest, if you are against us, there is a press conference coming!
    Beware of hasty generalization. Just because Modi is capable doesn't mean everybody in BJP is equally capable. Similarly, just because Kejriwal has some leadership deficiency doesn't mean AAP as a party is failure. Governance is no rocket science that educated people can't do better than illiterate politicians. Some facts to remember:
    - Country is ruled by bureaucrats - not politician. They just provide the direction. India has enough entrepreneurs. What we need is less red tape and political interference.
    - LS election is not only about electing PM. It's also about electing representatives who can raise state's issues in LS.

AAP in Bangalore is represented by following:
    V. Balakrishnan, Bangalore Central
    Prof Babu Mathew, Bangalore North
    Ravikrishna Reddy, Bangalore Rural
    Nina P. Nayak, Bangalore South

These guys would do better justice to Bangalore's condition than candidates from other parties who have no credibility whatsoever. We need managers, not rulers. For the first time we have a chance to elect the same - I would urge people to do their due diligence and not let it pass.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Is this debate about LS polls (country perspective) or regional one?

The biggest reason to support BJP in LS poll and I am 100% agree with Kiran Bedi.
    Carefully listen @ 2:05
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Agreed. Ultimately, we'll be voting for our local candidates. None of AAP's candidates have any proven track record of governance. Getting things done from other people while remaining a part of the system is a special skill that no school or University teaches. It's something learnt by being in the system longer, without really becoming a part of the system (a lot of word-play there?). I hope my point is well received.

I personally support Modi because among all the candidates; he seems to be the most capable and has a proven track record of development in Gujarat. He's shown that he can get the things done for the people using the same-old BJP candidates in Gujarat who individually may not be very effective.

You've gotta have the top man capable enough to have a vision and have a proven track record of delivering.

Unfortunately, AAP has no proven track record and even their top boss has become famous for taking U-turns. Most of their candidates seem to be totally new to the system itself. Most of their candidates seem to be from the corporate world (journalists, businessmen, bankers) and few are from social service backgrounds.

My only demand is that Arvind Kejriwal should have proven his administrative skills in Delhi and taken up smaller states one by one. Their immediate jump to national scene seems to be inspired by only one agenda : Stop Modi from becoming PM. That's exactly what Congress wanted. AAP is nothing but the b-plan of Congress. Because they themselves can't taken on Modi; and must have a 'clean proxy', which is Kejriwal.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Well, at least you are ready to accept that Kejriwal has faults, that's a good start! I agree that local candidates matter, and we should think about that too. But what's with Meera Sanyal and Gul Panag. Both of them have openly supported Modi and now fighting on AAP ticket. How are they more reliable than any other candidate? Aren't they opportunists? Aren't they the same as Ram Kripal Yadav and Amar Singh? Why should they be considered better?

Leadership deficiency is a big issue and governance is far more than rocket science. Who is supposed to lead them if they reach parliament? Here is how I see it, let's say everyone agrees with AAP point of view and they do win a good amount of seats. They support NDA or UPA (coz there is no way they win enough to make a govt!), have some demands which are simply unjust or ridiculous, take back their support after no one listens and we are back to chaos! Frankly, I dont want that. They are amateurs and everyone need to accept it.

I wouldn't say AAP candidates can do better work, as I have never seen them actually "working". Governance is running a state/country, making policies, planning for the welfare of the people, not distributing freebies and attacking corporates! Mayank Gandhi has already announced they he will give free water and cut electricity bills, I mean, have a plan first, dudes! I dont think managers just go around announcing things!

Having said that, I agree we do have a chance for change here. These people are not politicians and that might be a good thing, but there recent actions doesnt reflect that. I would urge you to check this :
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Now, either it is Yogendra Yadav crying out on twitter that BJP is "going to" target him or Aashutosh justifying harming public property, they are all just acting pathetically.

I want to see Modi as PM for 5 years, I want to see him working without any stupid opposition in parliament, I want him to prove that he is worthy of trust, I want him to live up to the hype, I want to give him the chance and may be, in 5 years, when AAP has earned half the credibility as Modi, Shivraj, Raman Singh, Parikar, then may be, I can think about giving them a chance!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    @#-Link-Snipped-#, you treating Modi like a God-send is not a good start!!! "Some leadership deficiency" doesn't translate to "Leadership deficiency is a big issue" - that's taken out of context. BTW your dear Modi failed to contain Gujarat riots - for me that's a bigger leadership deficiency. (Funny how people build hypotheses but ignore facts!!)

Anyway, if AAP has 400 candidates, I won't recommend each one of them without doing proper research. If you take care of the pennies, pound will take care of itself. But looks like most people here don't agree with that. Many don't have any idea about de-centralized organization. Neither would they have heard about Apache-Mexico wars. But may be feudal mindset is so ingrained in us, we hardly ever consider any alternative.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Observation: Why do Modi haters non-supporters always have the 2002 riots episode as their backup? Bad events happen. USA couldn't control 9/11. But they made sure there were no such events afterwards.

Similarly in Gujarat - there were no riots after 2002. Does that not prove Modi's administrative skills?

AAP: They can't even run a government for 2 months and quit stating a stupid reason? You want a PM who quits because he can't get Jan Lokpal passed? Seriously?

AAP lost a GOLDEN chance to prove their de-centralised or whatever government model and then they talk about taking over the country.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-# : It's kind of funny you didn't counter any of the points except leadership! Sure, we will come to that. First, I never consider Modi a God/God-send, he is a mere mortal with his flaws unlike some with absolutely incorruptible personality! I am just saying give him a chance, let's see what he has got. He did good work in Gujrat and that's good enough to test him out on national platform. At least, better than whatever we have right now and their allies. (That's right, I said it, AAP is a congress ally!)

Seriously, 2002? And I thought we were having a sensible debate! NDTV people do that, we don't! (I am sure you remember the Nidhi Razdan episode!). Anyways, as #-Link-Snipped-# pointed out there hasn't been a single riot in Gujrat since 2002, is a proof that he actually is a good administrator. He is running that state for 13 years, he didn't run, he took it as a challenge and changed things. That, right there, is "the" leadership quality!

And I am seriously amazed how you are undermining the leadership issue. I mean what about the people who joined Mr. Kejriwal in Mumbai local trains? What about people who are sending money from all over the world, just because they know that an IITian turned activist is fighting for political change? You really think that doesn't have to do anything with leadership? Isn't Mr. kejriwal leading them? If not, then we have got a even bigger problem! Crowds go behind leaders, it's as simple as that. If everyone is free to do whatever they want to do, it would be chaos. People need leaders and they always will.

So, the summary is AAP's leadership is flawed, their candidates are flawed (well, let's say a good part of them are!), they have no experience of governance, they got a chance and they blew it completely, they make baseless allegation and love to live in limelight. Man, you must hate your country to vote for someone like this!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Another emotional rant - blah blah blah .@pensu did u read what you wrote?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No mocking, please ๐Ÿ˜€ Let's have a healthy debate. Everyone is free to put their points forth in the way they want.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Looks like you are having some trouble reading the points. Let me simplify it here: first paragraph is a counter to the point that Modi is a God-send person, second is rebuttal for your 2002 barb, third one talks about leadership issues (which you don't think is "that" important!) and last one summarizes the points we have established till now. Hope that helps you to understand!

P.S.: If you don't have any point to say in a debate, it's wiser to accept it and move on, rather than showing your frustration with words like "emotional rant"!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Observation: AAP haters, Modi supporters love to jump to conclusion, lack logical reasoning and are pretty lazy to verify facts. How can you have a healthy or sensible debate if you are going to use double standards - one for Modi and one for Kejriwal? If Modi failed in administration, he's given a decade (or possibly eternity) to prove himself. In contrast, if Kejriwal steps down, he's marked a failure for lifetime.
    WHY?
    Anyway for people interested in Kejriwal's defense, here it is . (Funnily a part of this interview is quoted by #-Link-Snipped-# to prove Kejriwal dishonest. A lesson on why things should never be taken out of context.)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not question of 'honesty' or 'dishonesty'. The aunty in my neighborhood would beat Kejriwal any day on the records of honesty; but she's not a good administrator just like Kejriwal.

Kejriwal has a track record of taking U-turns! You cannot deny that! He's definitely not a person who'd gain my confidence to take the top job in India.

1. He declares fast until death: cancels it. Seriously? You declare fast until death to cancel it? The government knew Kejriwal isn't a man who'd sacrifice his life; unlike Anna Hazare (who the government really feared!).

2. Why did Kejriwal not revolt against the corrupt tax officers working under him during his tenure?

3. Why did Kejriwal not listen to BJP and Congress to introduce the bill in the traditional way; when they PROMISED to support it? My Way or No Way?

4. Why does Kejriwal blame the media of being biased when he himself is asking to play specific parts of his video repeatedly?

PS: I wonder why don't we have more AAP supporters here?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I dont understand how that interview changes the part I have shared! I dont care about the interview, I have listened to a lot of them, when I used to be an AAP supporter. The point is he is manipulating media like everyone else. Hell, even Narendra Modi cancelled an interview with facebook talks and newslaundry just because NDTV was involved. Everyone does that and the point of sharing that video was that Mr. Kejriwal also uses media to portray that he is above everybody else. He is no hero, he is just another politician, just a less mature one! I never said dishonest, I just said he is like everyone else, so may be, he should stop fooling people.

Coming to double standards, nobody gave Modi any chance, he proved himself. He didn't run away, he stayed and changed things in his favor. Kejriwal could have done it, by staying in power in Delhi and work for welfare of people, it's actually as simple as that. His stepping down had nothing to do with any decision of people welfare, it was just a political stunt. I don't like to reiterate things, but I will explain this. Both BJP and Congress said that he should go through the procedure. They didn't oppose the bill, they just opposed the way it was being brought in. He could have been the smarter one and take the bill to the central govt first and then bring it to delhi assembly. But he didn't do that, instead he played martyr and resigned and that's why he is being marked as a failure! Plus I would like if you could counter #-Link-Snipped-#'s points.

And yeah, #-Link-Snipped-#: We don't have any more AAP supporter, because may be, everyone, like me, is feeling betrayed. We expected something else and it turned out to be completely bullshit!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    For those who still think AAP has some sense left, see this video.

Arvind Kejriwal is nothing but a Diwali 12-shot cracker. He is temporary happiness. Plus he's all about all words and no work. He is a puppet. And if he gets assassinated, I won't be shocked because he has brought this on himself. Such a hypocrite.

As I have mentioned it earlier also, AAP has 0 work experience. They are perfect people to sit on News Channel Debate and talk. That's it. They are not the people to sit in Parliament or Assembly to talk. They don't even have any respect for basic laws, what they will govern the country.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Let's try your strategy ๐Ÿ˜€ (taking things out of context):

Modi is nothing but a Diwali 12-shot cracker. He is temporary happiness. Plus he's all about all words and no work. He is a puppet. And if he gets assassinated, I won't be shocked because he has brought this on himself. Such a hypocrite.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not question of 'honesty' or 'dishonesty'. The aunty in my neighborhood would beat Kejriwal any day on the records of honesty; but she's not a good administrator just like Kejriwal.
    He he, what an analogy!! I hope your aunt has atleast filed an RTI to earn her a comparison with Kejriwal who left his job to fight for it and bring it into existence!!!

Kejriwal has a track record of taking U-turns! You cannot deny that! He's definitely not a person who'd gain my confidence to take the top job in India.
    You used to be AAP supporter; now you support Modi. Where does that leave you and your track record? #-Link-Snipped-#, this is your explanation for Gul Panag. I'm surprised you call her opportunist but save yourself the same treatment!!! Another double standard!!

However, to be fair, making ONE or a series of U-turns is not wrong as long as it allows you to reach you destination WITHOUT COMPROMISING YOUR PRINCIPLES. What is right is always right - number of times or context doesn't change it! BTW last time I used this analogy, Kaustabh deduced "life=Kejriwal"!! Pensu, hope you have a better comprehension!!

What principle did Kejriwal stand for? Anti-corruption. Has he changed his stance on the same? No. Then what changed? (Hint: Look in the mirror.)

1. He declares fast until death: cancels it. Seriously? You declare fast until death to cancel it? The government knew Kejriwal isn't a man who'd sacrifice his life; unlike Anna Hazare (who the government really feared!).
    A dead man is of no use to anyone. You may call it martyrdom - I call it foolishness. I want Kejriwal to be alive and healthy to be able to fight for his principles.

2. Why did Kejriwal not revolt against the corrupt tax officers working under him during his tenure?
    What makes you say so? Remember, he fought for RTI!!

3. Why did Kejriwal not listen to BJP and Congress to introduce the bill in the traditional way; when they PROMISED to support it? My Way or No Way?
    Looks like you missed the news about the toothless Lokpal bill (only 15 out of 71 points suggested by Joint Draft committee were accepted)Lokpal Bill passed by Parliament; Anna Hazare breaks fast, cold-shoulders AAP | India News - Times of India
    And this after two years of delay !! Seriously, guys like you have some patience. Thank God, Kejriwal lacks it!!

4. Why does Kejriwal blame the media of being biased when he himself is asking to play specific parts of his video repeatedly?
    Either you are too lazy to see the complete video or you've never played Jigsaw puzzle. Hint: The "expose video" is not taken in one shot; meaning, it's edited; meaning, it's taken out of context; meaning, it is not dependable; meaning, IF ANYTHING, Kejriwal is being manipulated by media rather than other way round. Now, go figure!!!

PS: I wonder why don't we have more AAP supporters here?
    I wonder too!! For too long, people have stayed on the sidelines bringing our country to the rut it is in today. I hope people atleast take a stand to end corruption. Modi or Rahul might be able to live another day to fight general elections. But for Kejriwal (and consequently for us), this is his only chance.

Latest episode of "satyamev Jayate" further illustrated the problem due to corruption. Sample this:
    - The first guest on the show starts with - there is a tripping mafia in garbage handling!!
    - We have patented ingenious road building technology which can last for 10 years available for free to all municipalities in India. And yet we don't have one stretch which can last one monsoon.
    - We have another ingenious proven recycling technology to reduce the 10 acre land fill in Mumbai. Yet, it wasn't extended because it was not expensive.
    - Another entrepreneur said he'll take municipality garbage for free (they pay around Rs 500 per load to existing contractors). But municipalities are claiming they have no garbage!!

We don't lack skills, resources or technology. It's just that our bucket has large holes( corruption)!! I want to see it fixed before diverting my attention to filling it up (read growth).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really appreciate your response. I however think that we're moving on to the funnier side of the debate. Maybe I started it with the neighbourhood aunty analogy. ๐Ÿ˜

PS: I had declared to my wife that I'd be regular with my morning Yoga sessions starting Holi. I didn't. Am I turning into Kejriwal? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I changed my views because Mr. Kejriwal changed! I didn't take any U-turns, I would still have been supporting him if he was doing what he promised. If he was really serious about whatever he was saying. And as far as principles are concerned, his main fight was against corruption, and I am not aware of anything that happened against corruption in those 49 days, except some clerks being transferred and a hotline, which didn't result in anything! So don't say he is compromising everything for the principle, I don't want to say it, but he is still living in the govt. house(Last I checked)! Plus don't forget, he did say that communalism is bigger problem than corruption, that too in front of a group of muslims! Long live vote-bank politics!. So, I guess problems change on the basis of whom you are fighting!

I was always in support of Modi as well as Kejriwal. Kejriwal didn't (or rather couldn't) execute what he said and that's why I stopped supporting him. During this period he made a govt, distributed some free goods, did a dharna and resigned! There is no U-turn here. Gul Panag was supporting Modi till January 2014, and now, after two months she is criticizing him, that's U-turn for you! That's opportunism! After reading your views about the video, I gotta say, man, you really have seen God in Kejriwal! Just tell me you are not one of the AAPtards on twitter!

And yeah, one last thing, don't say that this is his only chance, he had a chance and he blew it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I think I've decided to take a U-turn and write a more meaningful response in this debate. Looks like Kejriwal fever is invading my senses.

1. You supported AAP; now you support Modi.

I should have been clearer. Mea Culpa. I supported Anna Andolan and thought it was all good that Kejriwal was forming a party. I was however not blind to keep supporting him even after watching his actions in Delhi. But all the while; my vote was still for Modi! I never took a U-turn, you see.

making ONE or a series of U-turns is not wrong as long as it allows you to reach you destination WITHOUT COMPROMISING YOUR PRINCIPLES
    Totally agree. None of us (Modi-Supporters) said Kejriwal has compromised his anti-corruption stand. Our (or at least my) objection is against his lies; which I'll not repeat.

A dead man is of no use to anyone. You may call it martyrdom - I call it foolishness. I want Kejriwal to be alive and healthy to be able to fight for his principles.
    Looks like you totally missed the point I was trying to make. Even I don't want Kejriwal to die. Else why'd I have spent hours on the streets when he was fasting? But I (and all of the supporters of the movement) were standing because we felt for the man who was sacrificing his life. Had he told us he didn't really mean to die; I'd rather have watched his drama on TV.

Did he revolt against any of the officers, juniors in the department? I'd love to know. He was a part of the system. He should have tried to clean the taxation department by revolting.

Looks like you missed the news about the toothless Lokpal bill (only 15 out of 71 points suggested by Joint Draft committee were accepted)Lokpal Bill passed by Parliament; Anna Hazare breaks fast, cold-shoulders AAP | India News - Times of India
    And this after two years of delay !! Seriously, guys like you have some patience. Thank God, Kejriwal lacks it!!
    Do you really know what happened in Delhi and what what was the actual issue? If not, please spend some time reading about it. Here's a short teaser: The LG wrote to the speaker that AAP had not followed the laid down procedures for getting the approval to table the bill. Why'd Kejriwal introduce the 'toothless' bill in first place?

By the way, BJP and Congress promised to support the bill and only demanded that Kejriwal introduces the bill following the procedure.

Why does Kejri do? He refuses! Then resigns saying that Congress and BJP aren't supporting Jan Lokpal Bill; and achieves following objectives (set for him by Sonia Gandhi):

1. He doesn't have to be accountable for the mess he created in 49 days.
    2. He gets time to roam all over India to promote his party.
    3. He gets to throw mud at Modi.
    4. He gets to fight election against Modi.

It turns out that Kejriwal is a stooge created by Sonia Gandhi to stop NaMo from becoming the Prime Minister.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way; Jan Lok Pal turns out to be a farce too. Right now, the MNCs have to bribe all the different ministers to get approvals (like Coca Cola has approval to dump all the plastic in Chennai); but with Jan Lokpal; they'll only have to bribe about 11 people to get control of whole India.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    No matter how long you make this debate and keep on repeating your points over and over again, AAP does not believe in giving out solutions. They believe in making a hype out of a problem. Throw mud at everyone.

Today my start-up is growing fast and we have huge response coming in due to some research and patents we hold now. If in the next 5 years, my start-up gets counted in the biggest IT service sector in India, Mr Kejriwal is gonna come after me and my qualifications. Saying how is this possible. Modi got bribed, inquiries should be done. And at that point, I m literally gonna skin Mr Kejriwal for his retardedness. And if an inquiry actually happen, and they find this thread m writing here on March 18, 2014 at 1644 hrs IST, I really don't give a f**k.

AAP has done nothing but created confusion in the people. And there are about 1000s of reasons to consider them as Congress B-Team. Anna Hazaare backs Mamata Banerjee who is expected to support NaMo post polls. Kiran Bedi has openly accepted NaMo. Kejriwal is taking Modi head-on in Varanasi with no Congress taking any stand there. AAP made government with Congress support which they heavily failed to handle.

No matter how simple you think AAP is, he's a joker of Indian Politics as of today. You think he is better than Rahul Gandhi? They must have baby brothers. Both retards and without any track record. If Arvind Kejriwal thinks he can be PM of the nation, I have a stronger claim than him.

You want people to support Arvind Kejriwal over Narendra Modi, you better start gaining the respect and deserving the support with your actions, not words. Till date, AAP has only words. No actions. No proofs, no failsafe. No backup and no vision. no motto, no policy, no idealogy, no concrete development, no sense and no respect for anything even the people or the law.

And yes #-Link-Snipped-# if you think Modi is a hypocrite, atleast people want to hear him because he makes sense. All Arvind Kejriwal does is, "Yeh Chor hai, wo bhi chor hai, hum sarkar banaenge." Listening to Modi gives a sense of respect and pride and safety. Listening to Kejriwal gives a feeling of suicide and frustration.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way; Jan Lok Pal turns out to be a farce too. Right now, the MNCs have to bribe all the different ministers to get approvals (like Coca Cola has approval to dump all the plastic in Chennai); but with Jan Lokpal; they'll only have to bribe about 11 people to get control of whole India.

Well not exactly only 11 but regulars+11 might do the task.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Anand Tamariya
    Observation: AAP haters, Modi supporters love to jump to conclusion, lack logical reasoning and are pretty lazy to verify facts.
    That sounds more like AAP

Anand Tamariya
    How can you have a healthy or sensible debate if you are going to use double standards - one for Modi and one for Kejriwal? If Modi failed in administration, he's given a decade (or possibly eternity) to prove himself. In contrast, if Kejriwal steps down, he's marked a failure for lifetime.
    WHY?
    he created double standards for himself by putting everyone else in CHOR category. If the rest are chors and this is how they did, let us see how honesty feels like. And guess what, honesty feels like dishonesty and instability here.

Anand Tamariya
    Anyway for people interested in Kejriwal's defense, here it is . (Funnily a part of this interview is quoted by #-Link-Snipped-# to prove Kejriwal dishonest. A lesson on why things should never be taken out of context.)
    I guess this should do just fine.

Krantikari... Bahut hi krantikari!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Nayan Goenka
    That sounds more like Modi

Krantikari... Bahut hi krantikari!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What logic !!! Claps ๐Ÿ˜ As if Modi alone can stop it!!!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Speechless?
    Dnt taint my quote plz.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Do you really know what happened in Delhi and what what was the actual issue? If not, please spend some time reading about it. Here's a short teaser: The LG wrote to the speaker that AAP had not followed the laid down procedures for getting the approval to table the bill. Why'd Kejriwal introduce the 'toothless' bill in first place?
    Why do I post links - so that sensible people can open the link and read it? But no, Mr. Kaustabh is too lazy to do it and happy to wallow in his dogmatic ideas!!!
    Hint 1: Kejriwal didn't introduce the 'toothless' bill.
    Hint 2: Quoting a summary of events from Wikipedia. Lokpal

Anna Hazare fought to get this bill passed[Wikipedia:wikiproject Countering Systemic Bias], and it did pass on 27 December 2011, around 9:30,[Wikipedia:manual Of Style/Dates And Numbers Chronological Items] with some modifications. These were proposed as the Jan Lokpal Bill. However, Hazare and his team, as well as other political parties, claimed that the Lokpal Bill passed was weak, and would not serve its intended purpose. So the proposed bill by the ruling Congress Party has yet to be accepted in the Rajya Sabha. As of 29 December 2011, the bill has been deferred to the next parliamentary session, amid much controversy and disruption by the LJP, RJD and SP parties. The media at large, and the opposition parties, claimed the situation had been staged.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Nayan Goenka
    Speechless?
    Dnt taint my quote plz.
    What can I say? You jump into the middle of the discussion without reading what I said earlier. So I am tempted to do just the same ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Anand Tamariya
    We didn't say Modi can alone solve it. That came up because your Kejru left government to be a Martyr to sacrifice his chair for a Bill he was introducing without following protocols, for the Bill he didn't have access to, for a Bill which does not guarantee removing corruption. He thinks people are fools and do not understand how to relate chronology.

And yes, people like you who are blindly following anyone, may it be Kejru or Modi, they should ask questions.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Anand Tamariya
    What can I say? You jump into the middle of the discussion without reading what I said earlier. So I am tempted to do just the same ๐Ÿ˜€
    Well I read everything you wrote before so I know where is your recording stuck. You linked a video of Kejriwal's excellence, FYI that video was scripted and even commercialized at specific points.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Anand Tamariya
    Why do I post links - so that sensible people can open the link and read it? But no, Mr. Kaustabh is too lazy to do it and happy to wallow in his dogmatic ideas!!!
    Hint 1: Kejriwal didn't introduce the 'toothless' bill.
    Hint 2: Quoting a summary of events from Wikipedia. Lokpal

Anna Hazare fought to get this bill passed[Wikipedia:wikiproject Countering Systemic Bias], and it did pass on 27 December 2011, around 9:30,[Wikipedia:manual Of Style/Dates And Numbers Chronological Items] with some modifications. These were proposed as the Jan Lokpal Bill. However, Hazare and his team, as well as other political parties, claimed that the Lokpal Bill passed was weak, and would not serve its intended purpose. So the proposed bill by the ruling Congress Party has yet to be accepted in the Rajya Sabha. As of 29 December 2011, the bill has been deferred to the next parliamentary session, amid much controversy and disruption by the LJP, RJD and SP parties. The media at large, and the opposition parties, claimed the situation had been staged.

Holy Cow, you really are turning like Kejriwal. your Where and When links dont make sense.

And the topic of discussion is Aam Aadmi Party Politics. Please stick to it. If you are for the topic, please support AAP's ideological and factual aspects. Not hypothetical points.

As for Jan Lokpal Bill is considered, the movement's true aim was to bring the Bill into limelight so that it gets passed and implemented in a workable format which it did. It takes time. A bill cannot be passed in Ramleela Maidan. It has certain protocols mentioned in the constitution to be followed to bring in its credibility.

Anna Hazaare fought for the Bill, Kejriwal fought for an entry into politics.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Modi is paying you guys to support him. โ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    I don't know whether Modi can stop it. But we're at a point in time where we've to choose between Kerjiwal and Modi; and my vote is with Modi.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Anoop Kumar
    Modi is paying you guys to support him. โ˜•
    Shit man! I forgot to ask for this month's remuneration. BRB after filling up the form!๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This is looking like an #-Link-Snipped-# vs the rest debate ๐Ÿ˜€ Similar to AK vs the rest debate in the country. To be honest, I'm tired to the hilt explaining people not to follow any one blindly. But still... My 2 cents here
    1. Kejri ceased to be an activist the day he became opportunist, sidelined the Anna movement and formed Aam Aadmi Party. Now AAP is a political party and Kejri an aspiring politician. So he should be looked at as one. The moment I say this, any thing he says start becoming rants and any thing he does start becoming netagiri. So we should evaluate him as a possible candidate for Lok Sabha seat (PS: He is not becoming PM this time around. Its a fact. Accept it. No stupid debates on this please). If you feel he is good, vote for him. Or vote for whoever you think is good. But vote, please!
    2. I have seen AAP supporters go on defensive as soon as I say this but this is a bitter truth. Why do you think Rakhi Sawant gets all the eyeballs and ears apart from the obvious reasons? Because controversy sells. Kejri has used the media wisely. He didn't attack one after the other politician, but only those who will give him all the media glare. For records, he never 'investigated' 2G scamsters or Yeddiyurappa (former BJP CM of Karnataka) or Ajit Pawar (you know what he did to Maharashtra irrigation) or the numerous scams in TN. Because he knew what will give him eyeballs. And he got. Hats off to him ๐Ÿ˜€
    3. Okay he is not Rakhi Sawant. Can we settle for Shobha De? Happy?
    4. Most of us were happy to have a Non-congress Non-BJP alternative. He came close to getting a clear majority in Delhi. I was happy for him. But tell me, as a Delhi citizen how will you feel when you elect a supposedly honest politician, he asks you every time before taking a step, you hand him over the reigns, he promises subsidies galore without telling you how he is going to give it, then goes on a dharna pushing the whole law and order out of gear, chickens out of the dharna, orders BIG probes, audits, moves SC over petty issues, openly accuses any one he can remember, and then chickens out because opposition parties oppose your method of Lokpal Bill. And didnt ask the public if he should quit. So what if they oppose? Its their job to oppose ruling party. And its yours to convince them and find an amicable solution. Don't you believe in trying second time?
    5. Now about Modi- I have seen a little bit and heard a lot from people of Gujarat about the development there. Some things might be visible and some things might not be. Some things might be good and some things might not be. But one can not say that he has done nothing. It is not easy be incompetent and still sweep elections 15 years in a row. BJP has done it in 2 other states (MP, CG) and could have done it in Raj had it not been for in-party revolt during Raje's tenure. Besides, I can't see a possible candidate half as good as Narendra Modi.
    6. Kejri could have been a possible candidate, save his rhetoric on almost every one. Why will any sane Indian support a guy who only talks negativity? Will he go on a dharna as a PM too? What will happen to the businesses who are instrumental in country's infrastructural growth?
    7. I want to ask this question to Mr. Kejriwal and/or all his supporters. What is your view about the gas pricing? If Reliance, ONGC, BG or whoever involved refuses to work at the gas price which you suggest, what will you do? (Don't give procedural answers that we will do re-tendering. Thats obvious.)
    PS: Besides the rate given to Reliance was arrived at by a Congress led committee. What has Modi got to do with it? Also, ONGC controls 2/3rd of the gas basin. So the biggest beneficiary of price rise was the government itself.)
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I got my MODI PAYCHECK this month. Lemme see if yours is in process #-Link-Snipped-# . M sure there must be a confusion. ๐Ÿ˜›

And yea #-Link-Snipped-# please don't feel yourself in position of alone warrior in debate like Kejru does always. The side you chose has nothing to sell on. Not your fault.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Everyone appears to be the same.
  • Sri Raksha
    Sri Raksha
    I'm really taking my support of AAp to the next level, I've created an SMS app for txtWeb that will deliver all Kejriwal's tweets to the common man through SMS! I really hope to win txtWeb's election Contest
  • Joseph Christie
    Joseph Christie
    I hate to say this, but I must. There are 1001 newspapers on the internet in India where engineers and scientists can participate Indian Politics, and I think it is sheer waste of time to indulge in political discussions in this forum. I think I made my point.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Joseph Christie
    I hate to say this, but I must. There are 1001 newspapers on the internet in India where engineers and scientists can participate Indian Politics, and I think it is sheer waste of time to indulge in political discussions in this forum. I think I made my point.
    Well, the Cafe section of the forum is meant for all off-topic discussions. We stick to purely technical discussions in all other sections.

But your point is well taken. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Joseph Christie

Why do we need to go to newspaper website to express our opinions on politics when we have our own place to talk here?

If you start talking at newspaper websites, we come in contact with retarded supporters which we think is our insult to even talk to them. Here we have a sensible discussion and that we are happy with.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Sri Raksha
    I'm really taking my support of AAp to the next level, I've created an SMS app for txtWeb that will deliver all Kejriwal's tweets to the common man through SMS! I really hope to win txtWeb's election Contest

Finally #-Link-Snipped-# has a partner. BTW what is your point can you express that? All Kejru has to say is either Bullshit or Contradictory to his previous self version. I think you are just starting another chain of spam SMS. Dats it
  • Sri Raksha
    Sri Raksha
    You're entitled to your opinion but my support is shown to bring something like Twitter to the common man through txtWeb. If you look at Kejriwal's tweets they have more substance than what qualifies for BJP election news these day -its all in fighting and hurt feelings. I think following Kejriwal's tweets on txtWeb will give the common man an alternative to the same old TV & Newspaper Media
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Umm, why 90% of his last ~100 tweets are about BJP/Modi and not Congress/Sonia? ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Sri Raksha
    If you look at Kejriwal's tweets they have more substance than what qualifies for BJP election news these day
    Is running govt. is all about tweet and being in lime light, or say just about speeches?
    Then you should probably listen carefully Modi's speech which is more visionary in perspective of National agenda including defense, agriculture growth, providing more jobs... (Now you can find here some lame speech by Modi and troll here).
    Anyway, the straight question is, Do you really want Kejriwal to be PM in June-2014?
    If yes, please justify how is more qualified.
    If no, give alternative of Modi.
    If neither of above case, you already know what to do.

Just an example,
    Have anyone here heard any of the national leader from any party why our traditional employment source are dying (goldsmiths, blacksmiths, farmer and lot more).
    (If you don't know what is importance of preserving these employment, you should better only watch news channels whole day for a man cursing everyone for corruption and praising himself only.)

Modi explained very reasonably, something like, India use to be biggest source of hand made craft, art and other traditional jobs which never been documented but transferred from one generation to next generation. But when govt. don't support these employment area, new generation don't find a good career in this and look for alternative, and the chain is broken so does the art is gone for rest of subsequent generation. We need to preserve and give opportunity to next generation to find a great career in their home only.

Before any one bash this post, again I am saying , I am not against the new alternative of Politics,But I can't support a person who is just calling everyone corrupt. Given a chance to prove but ran away. Probably if, kejriwal come to state elections I will support him. But this is National election, I don't think by anyway Mr. Kejriwal is qualified for a PM post.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Give me one good reason why Kejriwal shifted his attention from Congress (before 2014) to Modi (in 2014). Weren't Gujrat riots happened that time? Wasn't he an industrial favourtist that time?

Let me be very clear, only a fool will deny that AAP is Congress B-Team. They took advantage of anti-congress grief to win and come into spotlight and then started doing their real intentions, stopping Modi. And anyways, even when Congress lost Delhi, they actually won. It was their government. Why is it so tough to understand and foresee. I guess you all AAP supporters are either too naive to understand politics or are too blind and dumb folded that you cannot differentiate a decoy from originality. Seriously? AAP? Kejriwal?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Finally, Arvind Kejriwal has accepted that it was wrong to quit the Delhi CM's post: Kejriwal finally admits it... quitting Delhi govt was a mistake-Politics News , Firstpost .

I think Kejriwal's ego isn't letting him make better decisions. My respect for Kejriwal would have remained intact if:-

1. He had refused to form government (like BJP's Harshwardhan) and had preferred a reelection.

2. After deciding to go with Congress (don't give me stupid theory that "We didn't ask for their support!") they had stayed in Delhi and proven their 'way' of politics and administration. Shown people how AAM AADMI can run the government and bring unthinkable pace in development.

3. Had stopped being a drama-man and focused on actually delivering sustainable solutions. Declaring free water for 3 months isn't 'sustainable'. Your first priority should have been to ensure everyone in Delhi gets water.

4. Had sided with the Gujarati people who have showed their faith in Modi's developmental work. Saying 'No development in Gujarat' is like putting a big question mark on the gross intelligence and sanity of Gujarati people who've been voting for Modi repeatedly.

I just hope AAP gets back to their drawing board (assuming they're all good people with good intentions).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

need a current amplifier circuit with current source as input of low ac current ...... anyone give The ckt plsss
Lenovo has launched its new smartphone Vibe Z in India with much aplomb at a price tag of Rs. 35,999. It was first launched in China back in November 2013...
hai frds, After a long gap i am using this forum, really happy to see you again guys, Ok, lets get into one discussion I am working in embedded field,...
Nokia was once the most dominant cellphone company. But after Android got popular Nokia lost its position in the cellphone market as it was slow to evolve with time. As...
No one really talks about how to deal with rejection in a job interview. Most of the interview related talks are focused on how to crack every interview; but it's...