Indian Government Approves Quadricycles’ Commercial Usage; Bajaj Is All Smiles.

Following a heavy round of debates, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways finally nodded yes on the usage of quadricycles (a category bridging four-wheelers and three-wheelers) as modes of public transport on Indian roads, and this approval is expected to hugely profit Bajaj Auto Limited (BAL), which is so far India’s largest 3-wheeler manufacturer, has recently readied a vehicle Bajaj RE60 Quadricycle Or A Car? that falls exactly under this category.

This approval comes fifteen years since Tata Motors proposed its micro car Zinc at the Delhi Auto show. And though the company might have initiated this idea back then, at present it feels as if the government taking a regressive step by introducing the quadricycles. However, Bajaj is totally delighted to be the first mover in this quadricycle segment with RE60, and in its defense it states that compared to current three-wheelers which are used for commuting within cities, quadricycles offer a fully enclosed body structure that’s anytime a much safer alternative for intra-city travel. Maruti, which earlier stood against the introduction of quadricycles, is now satisfied with the government policy that does not permit using this vehicle for personal commute.

re60bajajstory_4_560x420

The norms which shall be adopted for this new segment of vehicles are noticed in the three-wheeler category (L5) under the Central Motor Vehicle Rules (CMVR) or the European Union Quadricycle regulations depending on whichever is stricter. The revised norms for this segment shall be applied with a six-month lag.

Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto, stated that his only aim was to create a replacement for the highly polluting and highly unstable three-wheeler with a safer option. He believes that three-wheelers and four-wheelers shall co-exist, and pretty soon the company shall be rolling out a new rage of three-wheelers which shall be eco-friendly, more fuel-efficient, more powerful, shall offer more comfort, and shall definitely be more reliable, thus boosting Bajaj’s global leadership in this category.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i'm entering my 4th year in civil engineering and was hunting for seminar topics when the idea of Egyptian Pyramids struck me. But i'm a bit confused whether i...
Dominos Brazil team is surely very creative. They teamed up with Artplan Sao Paulo (an ad agency) to distribute enhanced DVDs carrying latest movies; but covered with a special thermal...
Micromax continues to launch products across various channels and the latest one is the MMX377G data card that offers 14.4 Mbps download and 5.76 Mbps upload speeds. As you'd expect,...
I like reading FakingNews.com - and I think they seriously got a calcium rich humor bone. I'm tempted to write faking technology news and I'm sure we can come up...
What do you guys think of this? 😁