Indian Engineers Are Unemployable - Here's Why

Memes on Indian engineers are shared like anything across the web. Came across one and couldn't resist sharing -

indian-engineers โ€‹

What do you have to say about that?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Its nothing wrong actually. And as a matter of fact, I have posed a similar question to some of my classmates recently. "What will you do after the degree?" and shockingly they do not have an answer. Not even a guess. The guys are like, we'll see if we ever get through it and the gals simply just don't know.

And yes, at that point I feel proud as well as sad. Me luckily caught my own direction at the right time and bad for those who are left directionless. Their parents and family are actually looking up to them for further responsibilities.

And India, a place with outburst of population of people, more and more engineering colleges are established to fulfill the social agenda of being a doctor or an engineer and in the process we are creating a number of such misguided engineers. The people outside the process are obviously going to make a joke out of it when they actually know the importance and value of the same.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think this is 90% true.
    Let see here what others are saying.

How many of here decided the career path development/testing/specific programming language while they are in engineering?

p.s.: I decided to go with Java since last of my 2nd year b. tech. and unfortunately still stuck with it ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I decided to go with networking after 2nd year, because we had a summer term during that time from HCL for training in CCNA. After that I'd keep checking with my seniors who had started working and also with other friends I met online. Today I'm working in the Network Operations Center which is fairly suitable for my E.C.E. degree. Hereafter, I'd be looking forward to continue and advance in this field. But unlike software fields, this one requires experience to get that 'extra buck' to please your parents. So far 1.5 years in this company, I've no regrets and I'm hoping for the new project in our company to flourish so that I can get to learn another new switch.โ˜•

Higher studies (M.S. Network Systems) are on hold as of now because financial situation is not so favorable for going abroad.๐Ÿ˜–

P.S.: You may plan what-so-ever you want to do during college life, but sometimes things don't always work out as you'd expect. But you've to try with whatever possibilities you have to get there.๐Ÿ˜’

P.P.S: I've to really be grateful to C.E. and @#-Link-Snipped-# Sir for actually letting me know things I'd never have learned during College.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    I think this is 90% true.
    Let see here what others are saying.
    I think that it is meant as a sarcasm at people who decide to go for MBA or some even more unrelated field because they realize anything technical is not their cup of tea.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Indeed,
    though, it would be interesting to see answers from CEens who are in college.
    What I have seen is most of people wanted to score over 70% to be eligible in all campus interview, irrespective of their branch.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Some goal (like being an Engineer) is better than no goal - as long as the person doesn't regret it!!
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Most of the Indian Engineering students have short term goals. Neither they care nor they worry about their future. the foremost thing they want is

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Most of the Indian Engineers Today don't have any Goal/plans for their future. they only believe in Present Day Pleasure.... Why to worry about Future ..Who cares .. Just Chill Attitude!!!. They know that it is one of the easiest TAG they can get (Thanks to Indian Education System ) & move proudly in their society.
  • Raj A
    Raj A
    I agree with it.. Sadly, I was the part of same community.. I had not even thought about what am I going to do after B.E.. Luckily I came across a good opportunity and got selected for PG in a reputed college.. Then I realized, how fool I was..!!! Aso.. Now I'm on right track and in back of my mind I keep reminding myself about my future goals..!!
    Hence, whichever engineering student I met, I asked him/her the same question and make them aware about the job situation in our country and possible future prospects for them.. I guess, we all can do this at least.. !!

Current Situation of wannabe Engineers are far worse than we all could think!!!

P.S: This is my personal opinion and observation.. ๐Ÿ‘€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chemical engineers have been working on finding a way to bring down the price of production of hydrogen fuel by developing cheaper solar semiconductors and making use of low-cost materials....
Huawei has entered the wearable device arena at the Mobile World Congress 2014 by unveiling its new gadget 'Huawei TalkBand B1' - a wristband that is introduced as a mobile...
As the MWC 2014 is going on in full swing, Sony just announced its new flagship device the Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 tablet. Sony Xperia Z2 features a 5.2โ€...
please someone suggest me useful link for downloading the graphic and other drivers for dell laptop, win 8.1 pro, 64 bit...
Chinese telecommunication equipment maker ZTE Corp. introduced two new smartphones OPEN C and OPEN II in ongoing MWC 2014. Both of these phones run on the new Firefox OS. ZTE...