India To Get Space On The International Space Station

India could soon join the exclusive club of nations that can get entry into the International Space Station (ISS). As of now access to the ISS is restricted to United States, Canada, Russia, Japan along with other 11 states of the European Space Agency. The incoming chief of the ESA believes in opening up entries to more countries and he wants India and China to be a part of the ISS program.

Currently ISS has been funded through 2020 but it could soon be extended by another four years. The Chinese have already began working on their own Chinese Government Ready To Begin Their Space Station Project and India has already caught world's attention through successful satellite launches and the recent Mars Orbiter mission. The MOM was praised by everyone because India is the first country to have sent a satellite to Mars in its first attempt and at a fraction of the cost of other similar missions.

Earlier, ISRO had attempted to get on board of the ISS. The proposal was to see if India could perform climate related earth observation system experiments.

Do you think ISS allowing India would be a great step? Or is it the time that India should start thinking of building its own space station? It may look an outlandish idea at this time; but never say never, right?

Replies

• msuresh444
    msuresh444
    Do you think ISS allowing India would be a great step? Or is it the time that India should start thinking of building its own space station? It may look an outlandish idea at this time; but never say never, right?
    Absolutely, this is the right time for India! ISRO should recruit young people and start for ISS.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's still to be 'official'. They're just opening up for other countries after India's stellar performance with the MOM. I'm curious to know what climate related experiment are they proposing to perform in the space.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was exploring Japan's official JAXA website and was surprised to see that they've their official website in Japanese and not English. That led me to finding out what are...
I have applied for cdac c-cat 2015 jun-july. There is a 2 year gap between my 12th and my graduation. Also i'm not sure if it would count that much...
hii sir I have done B.E. in computer science in 2014. Now I am applying cdac through patna for OBC candidates.Can you tell me something about placement through cadac,patna.If I...
Hello! I need a final year research project idea in Computer Science. My main interest is on NLP. I had an idea of making a SQL generator from NLP. But...