Increase The Brightness In Low Light Photos With Panasonic Technology

Engineers at Panasonic have developed a new kind of technology that can double the brightness of color photographs taken in low light conditions. What this means is that you no longer have to keep adjusting your flash while clicking photographs in an indoor restaurant. The technology uses micro color splitters in place of color filters in image sensors. Until now, the image sensors would create color photograph using RGB filters for every pixels. However this approach results in about 50-70% loss in light.

slide

The new technology developed by Panasonic eliminates the color filters so light is captured without loss. This allows the sensitivity of the image sensors to be doubled regardless its type (aka CCD, CMOS or BSI). The biggest advantage of the technology is that the devices can be manufactured using current semiconductor fabrication processes. Also special materials are required, which means the technology can find mainstream use quickly.

Check out the following video for a detailed demonstration. Share your thoughts below via comments.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    That means low ISO(image sensor sensitivity) setting in low light. Which further means low nosie in low light with right exposure. This is something much sought after. Hope there wouldn't be any sacrifices on other parameters for this to achive.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is meant for all the discussions related to questions asked by ThoughtWorks during their campus selection process.
CEans, I'm excited to announce the official launch of dedicated downloads section on CrazyEngineers. It's not just your file downloads section, but a much more evolved system that goes beyond...
This thread is dedicated to discussing questions asked by Infosys in their placements in campuses. A relevant question paper can be downloaded from below mentioned link. Feel free to add...
Hello Frds..... I am Second Year engg. student i wana create a virus (not creating just going through this knowledge) but i have no idea about virus codig plz help...
hay guys when i am running rmi application i found this Exception access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 127.0.0.1:1099 connect,resolve) for resolving this proble i have to set a policy file but im...