In-Flight WiFi @ 12 Mbps - JetBlue & ViaSat are ready. Are you?

Frequent flyers know how important it is to have Internet connection on the flight. You can get a lot of things done, work on the presentations or even keep yourself entertained through YouTube / Rdio streams. But when you can get it all at higher speeds - life won't be the same again. JetBlue passengers will be able to enjoy 12 Mbps WiFi Internet connections at 36,000 feet above the ground. The service will be offered by ViaSat.

ViaSat's new technology called Fly-Fi is hitting the skies in November this year. Fly-fi is capable of delivering super impressive 12 Mbps speed to the flights cruising at several hundred miles per hour. Well, that's not 12 Mbps 'overall'; but each and every passenger on the JetBlue will get 12 Mbps. Now that's really impressive, right?

JetBlue's readying their fleet of A320s to offer the Fly-fi technology. Images and video are copyrighted material of #-Link-Snipped-#.

slide

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I like the idea but wont this connection hinder airplane communication?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    neverthless, I always enjoyed the disconnection offered by planes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. is all set to launch a new smartphone featuring a curved display screen in the next month. In October 2013, South Korea is going to witness...
iam persuing my engineering degree under vtu(vishveshwarayya technological university). please suggest me the links for video tutorials of analog electronics experiments..!!
Though there's still time for Apple to finally launch its latest iPhone 5S in Indian market, fanboys can own it now for an asking price of Rs 65,000 to Rs...
Someone asked me the above question, i told him that the components above all help in booting order, since i was not all that convince so i desired to put...
The social media is abuzz with the news that Samsung will launch a super premium series of Galaxy phones, called 'Galaxy F'. The series will definitely be pricier than the...