Improving Forum Activity

Any random ideas on improving forum activity?

At present, the number of new members joining CE is greater than the number of posts we generate per day ๐Ÿ˜’.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Free Gifts! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Free Gifts! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Okay okay! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anything that doesn't require money ๐Ÿ˜

Btw - I'm (desperately) trying to get sponsors for competitions we may organize on CE.

1. We can have interesting discussions. - ideas?
    2. We may have CEan of the Month
    3. Thread of the month

The winner gets a neat title in his profile and of course - world-wide recognition among engineers!

What do you say?
  • mahul
    mahul
    Cool !!๐Ÿ˜
    Why don't you start posting a challenge of the month and invite solutions. I've seen such stuff generating lots of activity on other sites. The challenge could be anything, coding, mechanical, civil, business or such stuff and would remain open for one month. At the end of the month, the winner would be decided and he would get some recognition( or for that matter some prize if we can manage ). What do you say guys??
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Taken from http://xkcd.com/
    I am addicted to that place!

[โ€‹IMG]

I wish...

[โ€‹IMG]

And another:

[โ€‹IMG]
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    And one more:

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Haha, those comics are funny! Big K directed me to them a while back. Believe it or not, I first became interested in python when I read one of the strips that talked about it ๐Ÿ˜›

Why don't you start posting a challenge of the month and invite solutions. I've seen such stuff generating lots of activity on other sites. The challenge could be anything, coding, mechanical, civil, business or such stuff and would remain open for one month. At the end of the month, the winner would be decided and he would get some recognition( or for that matter some prize[โ€‹IMG] if we can manage ). What do you say guys??
    Yep, thats a good idea! For electrical stuff, you can also set a "PCB" or Microcontroller design challenge too. I think these things has been pondered upon for a long time to be implemented in CE. Biggie, you might want assign some CEans who are specifically in charge of designing and posting challenges ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Mahul - Good Idea! ๐Ÿ˜€

Of course, its impossible for me to organize everything. We'll need leaders to organize competitions. As I said, I'm trying my best to get prize sponsors and may get some goodies for the leaders.

Let me do a bit of thinking on this. I'll get back to you guys with some ideas.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Oh yea, coding challenge and design challenge are pretty good. Like we had some threads on C challenge a while back in the Chillax(?) section. there was and IS a lot of activity!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    The gifts are free so they don't require any money.... oic, from the website side! ๐Ÿ˜
    The_Big_K
    Okay okay! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anything that doesn't require money ๐Ÿ˜

Btw - I'm (desperately) trying to get sponsors for competitions we may organize on CE.

3. Thread of the month

The winner gets a neat title in his profile and of course - world-wide recognition among engineers!

What do you say?
  • moksh
    moksh
    umm a suggestion is that can we have a grphic section made up ... ๐Ÿ˜ makeing siggy or logo or any stuff can be posted..

or u can get up some contest like siggy makeing or banner makeing or badge makeing.... it's good for the site too ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    moksh
    umm a suggestion is that can we have a grphic section made up ... ๐Ÿ˜ makeing siggy or logo or any stuff can be posted..

or u can get up some contest like siggy makeing or banner makeing or badge makeing.... it's good for the site too ๐Ÿ˜‰
    We recently had CE Tee Design Contest. We'll continue to have such contests. But a separate section for the same ...hmm! ๐Ÿ˜’
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I think we should hold contests for those artistic peoples. . . that's a good idea. Also, it would be nice to make a sub forum about PCB and other electrical stuff. Kind of explaining the basics. Kind of what that visitor said. I dunno. Also, you could have maybe a sub forum in several of the engineering forums explaining stuff for beginners. Like in computer and mechanical!?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    The_Big_K
    3. Thread of the month

What do you say?
    That's a great idea!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I unofficially declare the installation of :- The CE Exclusive Club:200 โ€‹ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ All members with 200+ posts are eligible to join! ๐Ÿ˜ Rest - we look forward to having...
Hello Friends, Myself Harshil 3rd Year Computer Engineering Student. I Would Like To Share a New Topic Named Genetic Programming. I Have Given Three Seminars On This Topic. Genetic Programming...
What is the difference between a traditional programming and Genetic Programming ????๐Ÿ˜•
Hey all, This post is basically out of Interest. I have noticed lot of problems with Roads in India(specially at my place).In India road construction is very costly, roads are...
Hey all, Couple of years ago,when i was an engineering student I tried to develop an intelligent traffic control light system. Back then I observed a lot of pollution at...