Important profile field updates!

Hello CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll trouble you - a little ๐Ÿ˜

Its now mandatory to enter your engineering trade while registering on the forums. Those who are already registered; please update your profile field with your Engineering Trade. To do this -

Click User CP (in top navigation bar) -> Edit Profile -> My Engineering Trade: (Enter your engineering trade. ex. Electrical, Computer Science, IT, Civil, Industrial etc. )

Click on 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. Your engineering trade will appear in the posts below your avatar as 'I'm a Crazy _ _ _ Engineer' ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    updated!

Profile updated ! ๐Ÿ˜

New smiley is cool. Thanks for the surprize

crook
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Hello CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll trouble you - a little ๐Ÿ˜
    Your engineering trade will appear in the posts below your avatar as 'I'm a Crazy _ _ _ Engineer' ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
    Hey biggi...
    you are not troubling .....

Its a great feature.........great biggi...

--Crazy
  • Neha
    Neha
    An Engineer is well known by his trade...Thats one of the good features in anybody's profile.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to hear that you liked the new feature. I request everyone to update your profile as indicated in the first post of this thread.

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Good to hear that you liked the new feature. I request everyone to update your profile as indicated in the first post of this thread.

-The Big K-
    A Question arose in my mind buggi...
    I know this forum is excusively for Engineers....but many threads are there on this forum which can help others....
    like for eg.... GRE sections or MBA sections any UG student can take help from that...
    SO should i say in this way that make this field optional...or some other way too so that other stream guy too canjoin it and get help by this...
    What say biggi....and others...

I know its a weird thinking but still....

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    hmm...

I understand your concern ๐Ÿ˜€ . I really doubt if non-engineers lurk into our community. But it makes sense to keep this forum engineers exclusive.

Btw, anyone can join our community with fake engineering trade and we'll have no way to verify. So it hardly matters if non-engineers join our community.

Its my personal opinion that you don't become an engineer by getting those alphabets after your name. You are an engineer if you can think like an engineer - with an analytical mind, with some creativity and convert your thoughts into reality. So even if one did not go to an engineering college, doesn't mean that he/she can't join our community. After all Edison - who did not go to any Engineering college was responsible for producing 1000 + engineering marvels ๐Ÿ˜€

Let's see what everyone wants to say about this.

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Whatever....

Biggi you can do atleast one thing...
    Atleast we can put a tag 'I am not a engineer'...๐Ÿ˜
    I know not a good idea...but atleat give something of this type so that others can get benifit of our good forum..
    --Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    i don't think it will work

crazyboy
    Whatever....

Biggi you can do atleast one thing...
    Atleast we can put a tag 'I am not a engineer'...๐Ÿ˜
    I know not a good idea...but atleat give something of this type so that others can get benifit of our good forum..
    --Crazy
    Do you really think that this is going to work? ๐Ÿ˜€ I really doubt. Let's see what everyone thinks.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    no

crazyboy !!

no its not gonna work. no body will like to be a non engineer in a group of engineers. its good that this field is mandatory for everyone.

but it is always good even if non engineers join this forum. say wat? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crook
    crazyboy !!

no its not gonna work. no body will like to be a non engineer in a group of engineers. its good that this field is mandatory for everyone.

but it is always good even if non engineers join this forum. say wat? ๐Ÿ˜
    Crook...
    How one will join
    if there is no field for him...???
    Lie....
    The only way...
    is it your suggestion???

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Added a Poll

The best way to decide is to conduct a poll. Please vote yes / no .

I hope that each CEan has an opinion .

So please vote !

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Lets keep it simple!

hey crazyboy and crook.. each one of u r correct at ur place.. lets take it this way that we want to know the active engineers branch.Rest all be assured that the one signing up will be an engineer by his education or experience(which most of us have,which can be anything besides work.. ). so does it really matter if the engineer has a BE tag,i don't think it will matter if he can contribute his knowledge to our forum!
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    we should make it mandatory

I agree with integratdbrains and I have voted for yes on the poll. Crazy boy's point is good and I am sure that he is concerned about getting more users on the forum.

I sincerely think that showing the engineering trade in profile is ok.

Jerry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ..and ..

I browsed few profiles and we have interesting information on Engineering trades -

I have listed few entries found in CEans profiles for 'My Engineering Trade' -

1. 'Raw Blood'
    2. 'Mechanical/Electrical/Civil' ( all at once ๐Ÿ˜ )
    3. '%#$@' ( ๐Ÿ˜’ someone decipher this )
    4. 'me' ( ?? )

Guess we need to make the field optional. It seems that the new profile field isn't really working.

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    Big K I did not see that information in anyone's profile. publish the ids along with the trades in your post ๐Ÿ˜Ž .

let me see such crap in anyone's profile and i will spank him. . at least i will notify him in private

crazyengineers rocks ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    it is there

Rick,

That's so nice of you . I'd request all of you to update your profile fields with correct information about your Engineering trade. We are a seriously crazy community, say what? ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    good work rick

rick you are my favorite ๐Ÿ˜

i checked the profiles of regular memebers and everyone has entered the information appropriately.

Good job guys!

Crook
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good job guys!

It seems that lot of CEans have updated their profiles! Good that have active CEans who are doing a great job for the Crazy community !

๐Ÿ˜

Be Crazy, always !

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Important

Hello the New CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€

The profile field 'My Engineering Trade' needs to be updated correctly. If your trade is 'Electrical Engineering', please enter the field as 'Electrical' instead of 'Electrical Engineering'.

This is because your trade appears in the posts that you make. It appears as "I'm a Crazy Engineer". So please update your profile field.

-The Big K-
  • aditi
    aditi
    hi i have edited my profile
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Important

Hello CEans !

In the 'My Engineering Trade' field, please write the trade name only. That is, you should enter "Electrical" or "Electronics" and not "I'm crazy Electrical Engineer".

The trade is automatically inserted between the words "I'm crazy engineer" in your profile.

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

m doin aero engineering ..... can any body suggest me wat to in my summer vacation, jst finished my 2nd yr..... wanted to hav some foreign experiene can nyboy suggest...
In this Game, each word ends with 'ion'...and the next word has to be started from the second letter of the word.I hope u got it after all its Easy!!...
The words which we see need not be pronounced in the same manner.There may be any alphabet silent or its quite possible that the entire word is pronounced in totally...
Hi there ! I suggest that we should have an articles section on our beloved forum. It could become a part of General Discussions. I got this idea because I...
Hello all CEans! Idea for this thread comes from what I saw on microsoft download center. I tried to download internet explorer latest beta and I was prompted to install...