Important for an engineer: Mathematics Or Physics?

What is more important for an engineer mathematics or physics ?

Replies

• Smiech
    Smiech
    Well, I don't think it is possible to learn physic without math. Mathematics is the language of physic and you can't learn a subject without learning its language.
    This doesn't mean math is more important than physics for an engineer, but in order to be able to know physic, we first should to learn mathematics.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Well I don't intend to sound stupid, but Physics and Mathematics aren't different at all. If you study either to depth, you will find they speak essentially the same.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think both mathematics and physics teach you to think logically and analytically - so that you can apply the approach everywhere. Engineering, at its core is application of physics which actually relies on mathematics. Everything's interconnected and it's almost impossible to treat them individually.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good news for wannabe entrepreneurs. The Modi Government has rolled up sleeves to bring down the typical registration time of about 27 days to just 1 day. The initiative to...
PosterGuy is a printing company founded by Puneet Gupta and Praneet Singh Sahai in the year 2014. PosterGuy is based in New Delhi, India. Puneet completed Civil Engineering from Indian...
In the mankind's quest to create an advanced artificial life or system, the basic ingredient needed is a protocell. The biggest challenge faced in creating an artificial protocell is to...
So today morning I was reading about a Kickstarter project that deals with creating hoverboards. That's coolest thing ever! Named Hendo Hoverboard, the team (and also most of popular tech...
Got this from a nephew, who is also at sea with the Marathi write up. Apparently some interesting innovations published in eSakal: https://www.esakal.com/NewsDetails.a..._type_map=["og.recommends"]&action_ref_map=[]