Imagining the CE Campus

Folks,

Let's say in next few years we'll have our own campus with our buildings, departments, gardens et al. What I want you to imagine is - how'd you like our CE Campus to be like; just go insane in your thinking!

I imagine an office without cubicles (those are the only ones I've seen). We'll have segwaysto take us from one department to other. I even imagine we put traffic signals inside our buildings to avoid employee collisions πŸ˜› . We'll have big fish ponds (big, I mean BIG!) with beautiful fishes in it.

We'll have a big, spiral slide to go from first floor to parking in the basement 😁 .

Okay, I gave you the rough idea. Get started, go crazy. Build the office of your dreams!

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    And most of the employees will be fishing in the ponds the whole day......πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raj87verma88
    And most of the employees will be fishing in the ponds the whole day......πŸ˜›
    Hmm, no fishing will be strictly prohibited. You may instead choose to feed the fish.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    We'll have a mini nuclear fusion reactor! *grin*

An environmentally friendly one, of course.. *whistles*
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    the slogan: Don't be REALLY evil
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    We'll have a mini nuclear fusion reactor! *grin*

An environmentally friendly one, of course.. *whistles*
    Cool dude .
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I think power by fuel cell would be better. A reactor would be like a 1960's Bond Movie.
  • Differential
    Differential
    It can have many trees in the campus. A garden, a pond, a ground, an open air theater. I would love everything to be environment friendly.

IMP: I would prefer NOT having Air Conditioning.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Entire building will be of glass. I hate big towers. So I want our campus to be horizontally spread with 2 of maximum 3 storeys.

We will have an artificial garden inside the campus along with the fish pond. And we will also have a mini golf course, what say?

Apart from that we will have all the IT infrastructure, computers, softwares, wifi et all.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Fuel cells are so boring (and underpowered).. not enough bang to power all our crazy research and experiments!

If your having a golf course.. lets have a theme park too! and cinemas! oh, indoor ice parks and wave machines for surfing.. πŸ˜›
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    And don't forget the Bar Dancers who will serve at the Cafeteria.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol, we can confine them to your own office, thanks πŸ˜‰

We are (or will be) faithful engineers πŸ˜€

*looks around to see if everyone agrees*
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There are Artificial inteligent Lab available in CE Campus.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I agree with Mayur. I guess we should create different zones inside our office. For example, we'd create a mechanical engineers zone, electrical engineers zone etc. The whole campus will be internet ready with 16 mbps speed for everyone.

We'd provide bicycles to our visitors.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    @ biggie

16 mbps? If we put fibre optic networks, we can get gbps speeds! πŸ˜€ Oh, dont forget large satellite arrays for comminications with our satellites and space stations, and deep space communications to our base on the Moon πŸ˜‰

Man, I sure wish we can have an artist's impression of this CE campus. Does anyone know people from their architecture department?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    My office network works on 1Gbps.πŸ˜‰. 16mbps is going to be too less. One thing should be there no sites blockage except few and every employee should be given laptops with cameras in it and wireless network if possible.πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, since we'll be inventing the new technology, we'll have TBPS lines for everyone.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    My office network works on 1Gbps.πŸ˜‰. 16mbps is going to be too less. One thing should be there no sites blockage except few and every employee should be given laptops with cameras in it and wireless network if possible.πŸ˜›
    Hmm, that is 1 gbps for 5000+ employees πŸ˜‰ right?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good point πŸ˜› if each is downloading movies.. then πŸ˜‰

The fastest speed so far is around 2.6 Tbps (over 160km).

We should phase out wireless fidelity, and use Visible Light Communications πŸ˜€ If you can see the light, you can download it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I also imagine a mini golf course, a large swimming pool, a basketball court, one badminton court, a GYM inside our campus.

The reception would be a large (I mean larger than you ever imagined) with our logo on a large red wall 😁.
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    great idea, good going on big_k . i wil also soon come with ideas .
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    Good point πŸ˜› if each is downloading movies.. then πŸ˜‰

The fastest speed so far is around 2.6 Tbps (over 160km).

We should phase out wireless fidelity, and use Visible Light Communications πŸ˜€ If you can see the light, you can download it!
    Ahem! Do we have a budget of $1 Trillion?😁
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    How about a peaceful and silent sitting lounge kind of thing where engineers can sit, talk and relax. πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, we'll create different zones inside our campus.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    Okay, I also imagine a mini golf course, a large swimming pool, a basketball court, one badminton court, a GYM inside our campus.

The reception would be a large (I mean larger than you ever imagined) with our logo on a large red wall 😁.
    What type of gym. I mean, what facilities will it provide. It should include a sparring ring and some boxing/kicking bags along with traditional weights. We won't need machines.
    Add a shooting range, and archery field, lawn tennis, soccer(same ground can be used to play rugby, hockey etc) and a course for horse riding and an indoor rock climbing area, an obstacle course.
    I will take care of the Gym, Shooting range, Archery field, rock climbing, soccer and horse riding.
    A library would also be good. A library with sofa and attached cafeteria.
    We can have weekly seminars on positive thinking etc. Research labs par excellent which will have all facilities imaginable.
    I may try to get someone to provide basic and advanced commando and parachute training to our members.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    bright interiors and coffee vending machine for every 25 meters.
    along with nice landscape and I agree with Mayur. Building of galss πŸ˜€ but with blinds though!
    and then we would have a sports room a resting room and few quite rooms for thsoe who need peace for some time,

we would even have a small galery which displays all the great scientists and personaltities who have influenced our lives .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I plan to use an R/C car [or CE Bot!] to send important documents/Blu-Ray discs to fellow CEans in CE Campus. The bots would have a camera and intelligent enough to recognize each CEan by face [ or odorπŸ˜› ]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have downloaded some Electrical E books, I like to share it with my Great friends. download it if u needed..... Say thanks if u really like it
πŸ˜•Can anyone suggest which laptop is suitable for me. I am a btech(cs) IInd year student... need it just for programing,gaming,surfing ..... and stuffs. please help..I am in a fix.
Hi! I am 3rd IT student at NIT-K,Surathkal. Looking for an internship in any startups. Can anyone please help out?
I have two identical circuit boards using IC MM74HC123 one manufactured by Fairchild Semiconductor the other by Philips. The Fairchild chip when used in the circuit will announce any length...
All over India,poeple have been talking about Satyam debacle,but I was wondering which scam has more greater impact,the Harshad Mehta Scam,the Telgi scam or the fodder scam, i think the...