iMac & Macbook Hardware Requirements For OSX Yosemite?

I'm wondering which iMac and Macbook machines will be able to run the OSX Yosemite. Given that the major improvements are on the GUI front and the new features may not be hardware intensive, I'm assuming that all the machines shipped since 2010 should be able to run the new OSX. Let's say if your machine can run OSX Mavericks, you should be able to run OSX Yosemite.

Will keep an eye on the hardware specs requirements and update this discussion as soon as I find some concrete information.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I got a list of the devices that will support the OS X 10.10 Yosemite Developer Preview -
    • iMac (mid-2007 or newer)
    • MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)
    • MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
    • Mac Mini (Early 2009 or newer)
    • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
    • Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
    • Xserve (Early 2009)
    PS: I have a feeling that the Yosemite looks a lot like iOS. ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A little bit about myself. I currently work as an engineer for the Illinois Department of Transportation. Graduated college back in 06, went into law enforcement, quit that after a...
Apple has announced Yosemite, the new version of OS X at the Worldwide Developers Conference yesterday evening. The new refined design of the OS X Yosemite seems to be inspired...
A new software called 'idTRACKER' has been developed by a team of researchers from Cajal Institute, a neuroscience research center assigned to the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). Based on some...
Just a few hours ago at the World Wide Developer Conference 2014 in San Francisco, USA; Apple made quite a lot of important announcements. We decided to compile the top...
Along with OS X Yosemite Apple has unveiled the latest iteration of its mobile operating system, iOS 8. iOS 8 will run on Apple devices such as iPhone 4s, iPhone...