I'm officially giving up on DVDs & CDs

Finally, I'm giving up on DVDs and CDs. It's been almost an hour or so I'm trying to get uBuntu ISO to burned on DVD. But the process never completes. I've decided not to waste any more time on it and just say goodbye to DVDs and CDs forever! ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Just a bad experience and it triggers a big announcement ๐Ÿ˜€
    Not fair.

Cd and dvd are always not bad to used to. Reconsider your decision buddy !
    -CB
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    DVD and CD's are now waste of resources and time. better get 4/8 gb pendrive dedicated to an operating system. works best and faster than optical drive.
    I build my desktop last year (7 months now), and never felt need of an optical drive.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not really. They are noisy and I'm not sure how long will they retain data. Plus, with the advancements of flash technology - CDs and DVDs are basically space wasters. I'd rather store stuff in Amazon S3 and access it from anywhere than carry my own CDs /DVDs.

The only thing that will keep me using the optical media is the possible inclusion in PS4. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    And what if a non tech savy would give you his marriage ceremony cd... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    I agree on this! CDs and DVDs are going out of the picture slowly just like the floppy disks. In a couple of years, I guess we won't see much of them in computing. Nowadays Ultrabooks come in options of not having an optical drive. The future now are Blu-Ray discs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m a mere beginner in this field and I request you all to please share here whatever (howsoever pity it seems to you ) in this this field of...
Give the amount, period, interest rate, as input from user .user can provide input in the following form. 1. Amount, period, and interest in decimal form. 2. Amount, period &...
give me some information about microprogram decoder sequencer
this is part of computer organisation
Samsung Galaxy S4 has been launched in Indian markets for a price of Rs. 41,500. People were skeptic about the time-line Samsung would follow to bring the phone to India....