IIT JEE May Happen Online - Should it OR Should it not?

IITs are considering that joint entrance examination (JEE) should be conducted online, just like the CAT for IIMs.
The IIT-Delhi, which is organizing IIT-JEE 2012, has invited all IIT directors for a workshop on Friday, where an online model will be demonstrated. The JEE office is hosting the workshop.

Sources from IIT-Delhi have confirmed that Education Testing Services (ETS), which conducts the GRE and several other popular global online examinations, will make a presentation at the workshop.

Most officials on record denied plans to go online with JEE. A senior official from one of the IITs claimed that the workshop was scheduled to discuss the possibilities of an online examination for JEE. "We might just discuss the feasibility. No decision has been taken," said the official.
A senior IIT-B professor said, "An online exam may or may not work for JEE. While CAT faced teething problems initially, it is stabilized now. For an exam, where you need to calculate a lot, pen and paper seems to be a better option. But students these days are well versed with technology and in future, everything might be computerized."

Currently, only two directors have responded to the invitation, claimed an official from IIT-Delhi. "Experts from ETS will make a presentation and showcase their testing systems. It is a successful testing pattern in the US. But there will not be any overnight decision on JEE going online," said the official.

What do you think about this? Should IIT JEE go online? Share your views.

Replies

• imnitsy
    imnitsy
    Kindly provide the authentic link for the information, so as to confirm that it is authorised!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is under discussion right now. We should wait for the results.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    It's better if it's not online! At my time, (2008), IIT-JEE was of a 6-hour span. I don't know about the current scenario, but the efficiency does decrease in front of the computer.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    There could even be a chance of Server Problem, as around million of candidates will be giving the same paper in Online.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    ashbeezone
    There could even be a chance of Server Problem, as around million of candidates will be giving the same paper in Online.
    I don't think so.... we have a great technology around....

that would be a good idea to make it online..
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    kiran1905411
    I don't think so.... we have a great technology around....

that would be a good idea to make it online..

But still These Government sites are unreliable most of the times.
    It could be better if it has been given under Private authorities.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    yes, obviously they will give the project to the third party....
  • manishks
    manishks
    i support the idea.....😀.....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those of you, who are taking the IIT JEE in 2012, please share important tips, suggestions and advice on how to prepare for IIT JEE 2012.
First let us clearly understand what is involved in doing a PhD. PhD is, as everyone knows, about doing research. And research is about formulating problems or questions whose answers...
Hi Can anyone help me in understanding what possible senors I could use to measure the transnational velocity and angular velocity of a table tennis ball? So far I have;...
Sangam 11, a 2 day seminar conducting by All India Oracle Users Group (AIOUG) on December 9th and 10th, 2011. The key presenter for the session will be Arup Nanda....
Hey all, Here is a C++ program which is as follows " #include int z[3][4]={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12}; void main() { int a,b,c; for(a=0;a<3;++a) { c=999; for(b=0;b<4;++b) if(z[a]