If you have a magic wand that can be used only once, what would you do for society?

Today In my college. A Communicative English Course program has been organized. And during the first session they asked us that you are having a magic wand. And its power lasts for one time. And you want to utilize it only for a General Developmental Purpose. And they asked us eachone should present a new innovative ideas.

And in my turn I answered , if I got a chance I will make change in our educational system. It means providing a common and standard educational system. Because in southern region especially in our tamil nadu we are lagging on speaking our national language. And our educational system contains three varieties of standards. This is the major and formost reason why we are not able to compute with students belonging to IIT's and NIT's.

And above I said about my ideas. I expect a lot of thoughts and ideas from CEans.

Replies

• Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    I would prefer unity of Indians and Hindi as language which everyone must know and speak .
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    VIGNESH ANANTHA KRISHNAN
    if I got a chance I will make change in our educational system.
    Same here. I will scrap down many 'faaltu' engineering college and put something which again creates more value of what you are learning.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm yet to see a better representation of the McCauley's Education System, which we today call 'our' education system:

Our-Education-System

VIGNESH ANANTHA KRISHNAN
    It means providing a common and standard educational system. Because in southern region especially in our tamil nadu we are lagging on speaking our national language. And our educational system contains three varieties of standards. This is the major and foremost reason why we are not able to compute with students belonging to IIT's and NIT's.
    The fact that Europe survives without having a common language is a big testimony that India can definitely do without a common system as well. One may argue that Europe is not a nation and India is. I'd rather treat India as United States Of India.

I'm aware that the changes I propose aren't EASY; but are definitely better than current system. In fact, the biggest hurdle in India's progress has been the 'English' language. We're being forced to learn Science, Math and our own history in an alien language. Had we chosen to learn in our own language; we'd have made a LOT more progress. Treat every state as an independent nation with its own systems - and every state complements each other as we stay united by our constitution.

Apart from the languages; it's true that almost 6 decades of misrule post Independence has done BIG damage to India's way of thinking. I'm not sure if it can be restored in months or years. Our hope is only to be positive.

The IITs and NITs aren't great anymore, IMHO. IITs and IIMs may have been glorious until a decade ago; but I bet the situation has changed. I keep on meeting people who are from IITs but surprise you with their dumbness.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whats the package at MPHASIS for freshers?
I know almost everyone of you like to listen songs and music. So, which is your best song lyrics you ever heard ? Please don't link the Youtube video of...
We took a decision to permanently remove 'Dislike' rating from post ratings (the icons that appear below every post). We'll continue with four ratings now: Like Agree Disagree Informative While...
Miller I your real name so-and-so or I'll the change you writings be you so you see classes energy rainy knows all IOU's that change just yeah fire Gucci yours...
From last two weeks I am using Moto-G (1st gen) and really surprised with it. This phone is almost 2 years old and screen is broken. No heating issue with...