If the World were 100 People

Interesting Infographic from Washington Post.
Quote:
Jack Hagley, a London-based infographic designer, has produced a chart laying out a whole range of global data, arranged on a simple premise: what the world would look like if it were represented by 100 people.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    75% of the world's population are cell phone users? Perhaps the statistics are distorted with multiple cell accounts, but regardless, it does show the penetration of mobile communications with the advent of cheaper phones and exponential wireless coverage.

As with all tools, it can be used for good or bad. I pray that at least for the good, its a means to help elevate literacy rates and access to critical information (e.g health, disasters, etc).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ash
    its a means to help elevate literacy rates and access to critical information (e.g health, disasters, etc).
    Absolutely. As you say a knife can cut vegetables or kill. Depends on the user of the tool.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the most frequently asked question, typically in HR interview is straightforward: "Tell Me About Yourself". Almost all the HR interviews I've faced and have been a part of...
Air Vistara has began operations in India and I'm looking for travel experiences from those who've traveled using Air Vistara. I tried loading their website to make a booking and...
Many people across the world use Google. As you have seen, there are two buttons below the search area text box. Various articles in the internet says, and you write...
Taiwan based company MediaTek, widely known for providing premium level System on Chip (SoC) solutions for global market, has announced its latest range of SoCs for Android devices ranging from...
NASA been writing mission-critical software codes for space programs for years. The NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s (JPL) Laboratory scientist Gerard J. Holzmann authored a paper and explained that the mass...