IES Age Limit - 21 To 30 Years

The Indian Engineering Services exam aka IES age limit is 21 to 30 years. Any aspiring candidate who wants to take the IES exam will have to be of or within the age limit on the January 1st of the year of the exam. The age limit has been relaxed for up to 35 years in the case of Government Servants in some of the categories.

So just make things simpler, if you are aspiring to appear for IES 2016, you should not have been born before January 2, 1995. For IES 2017, not before January 2, 1996, For IES 2018, Not before January 2, 1997 and so on. If you have questions, about IES Age Limit, please ask your questions below.

The other eligibility criteria suggests that the candidate should be an Indian Citizen with qualification (BE / B.Tech) or should have cleared section A and section B of Institution of Engineers, India. You may have equivalent degree from foreign institution or graduate membership exam conducted by the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers of India.

Replies

• sweetysony
    sweetysony
    My d.o.b is 13/02/1995. am i eligible for IES-2016 #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    sweetysony
    My d.o.b is 13/02/1995. am i eligible for IES-2016 #-Link-Snipped-#
    -> -> -> -> ->
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you are aspiring to appear for IES 2016, you should not have been born before January 2, 1995.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the IES website clearly describes the eligibility criteria. My first post is a summary with example. I don't think there should be any confusion about it. #-Link-Snipped-# - you were in February 1995; which means you are eligible to appear for the exam. You should however check the official website regularly for any changes or updates to the eligibility criteria.
  • ROHAN DEWANGAN
    ROHAN DEWANGAN
    what is the official website for IES 2016 ????
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think the dates are incorrect:
    The age limit in 2015 IES notification is as follows:
    The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1985 and not later than 1st January, 1994.

The age limit in 2016 COULD BE is as follows:
    The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January, 1995.

The official notification will be given probably on 27th of Feb
  • meghavath naresh
    meghavath naresh
    our date of birth is 14-05-1995 ,so ihave apper ese2016exam or not
  • meghavath naresh
    meghavath naresh
    meghavath naresh
    our date of birth is 14-05-1995 ,so ihave apper ese2016exam or not
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The notification will be out on 27th. Once that is done i will post the update here.

For now , there is a notification released for IES and ISS -- this is Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service.
  • vivekkr
    vivekkr
    sir my dob is 26/5/1997.am i eligible for ies 2018.......
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is copied from official website:

(II) Age Limits:
    (a)A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on
    the 1st January, 2016 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
    (b) The upper age‐limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following
    categories, if they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1
    below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they
    are otherwise eligible.
    (i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation
    will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his
    probation. However, this relaxation will be admissible to a probationer so appointed provided he/she already retains a lien on a permanent post in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorites mentioned in column 1 below.
    (ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office
    for at least 3 years on the 1st January, 2016.

the notification is out , please check Welcome to UPSC | UPSC website.
  • viraj chaudhary
    viraj chaudhary
    my dob is 29/05/1998 Am i eligible for IES 2019.
  • Moin Nargund
    Moin Nargund

my dob is Feb 1998. Am I eligible for IES 2019?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys in a lite mood I had designed a Car cum excavator when I was working with Liebherr. Lets rate and comment that how much do you enjoy it. 😀
@Kaustubh Katdare why there are pinned post on Home Page from particular members and not live feeds. I think at Home Page all posts without classification it should be shown...
NASA is planning to recruit freelancers around the world to design the smartwatch app for astronauts. This smartwatch app will be used by astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS)...
Hi, First of all, forgive my poor English. I've completed my bachelors degree in electronics and communication engineering. But I am from an underdeveloped country Nepal located at south Asia....