IES 2016 Pattern Changing?

Curious to know if there will be any change of pattern for the IES 2016 exam. I've been hearing multiple people talking about pattern change but not able to confirm. I'm therefore requesting all of the IES aspirants to share any information they may have about this. From what I could gather on the Internet is this:

The exam will be held in three parts comprising of Preliminary, Mains and Personality test. The Preliminary test will be of 400 marks total comprising of two papers - General Ability Test and Engineering Discipline test (depending upon your engineering branch). The GA test will carry 100 marks and the EDT will be of 3 hours duration with 300 marks.

The Main examination is likely to have four papers viz. General Studies, General English and Rajbhasha, Engineering Discipline -I and Engineering Discipline II. The marks allotted for these papers will be 100, 100, 250, 250 respectively.

But note that THIS PATTERN IS NOT KNOWN TO BE FINALISED YET! So please keep check on this discussion for all the updates related to IES 2016 pattern change.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian Engineering Services examination proposes to have a 'English and General Studies / General Ability ' test as a part of elimination process of the candidates. English language has...
The Indian Engineering Services exam aka IES age limit is 21 to 30 years. Any aspiring candidate who wants to take the IES exam will have to be of or...
Guys in a lite mood I had designed a Car cum excavator when I was working with Liebherr. Lets rate and comment that how much do you enjoy it. 😀
@Kaustubh Katdare why there are pinned post on Home Page from particular members and not live feeds. I think at Home Page all posts without classification it should be shown...