IES 2016 - Exam Date | Registration | How to Apply | Application Form

What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam?

Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to work under the Government of India in the sectors of Power, Telecommunications, Railroads, Public works etc.

The examination consists of a written examination followed by an interview for personality test.

The recruited candidates at IES 2016 will be eligible for following categories -

1. Civil Engineering
  • Indian Railway Service of Engineers
  • Indian Railway Stores Service
  • Central Engineering Service
  • Military Engineer Service (Building and Roads Cadre)
  • Central Water Engineering
  • Assistant Executive Engineer
  • Survey of India Service
2. Electrical Engineering
  • Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
  • Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service
  • Indian Naval Armament Service
  • Military Engineer Service
  • Assistant Executive Engineer (in Ministry of Defence)
  • Assistant Naval Store (in Indian Navy)
3. Mechanical Engineering
  • Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
  • Central Water Engineering Service
  • Indian Ordnance Factories Service
  • Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I in Indian Navy
  • Assistant Executive Engineer (in Boarder Roads Engineering Service)
  • Mechanical Engineer (in Geological Survey of India)
4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
  • Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
  • Engineer in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation
  • Assistant Naval Stores officer (in Indian Navy)
What is IES ESE 2016 examination date and schedule?

---- IES 2016 IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER -

Date of Notification - 27.02.2016
Last Date For Receipt of Applications - 25.03.2016
Date of Commencement of Exam - 27.05.2016
Duration of Exam - 3 DAYS

What is the admission criteria of qualification needed for taking the exam?

• B.Tech/B.E or,passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India). or,
  • Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
  • Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
  • Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
  • Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Source: upsc.gov.in

Age-limit:
21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.

What is IES 2016 Exam Application Fee?

Rs. 200 for - General/OBC candidates is Rs. 200
No Application fee for - SC, ST, PH and female candidates

Candidates can make payment through online mode or offline mode.
Online Payment Mode: Credit Card, Debit Card and Internet Banking.
Offline Payment Mode: E-Challan through any branch of SBI (State Bank of India)

How to apply online UPSC IES 2016 Application Form ?
  1. Candidates need to scan their photograph and signature.
  2. Now candidates should lo gin to UPSC website #-Link-Snipped-#
  3. Fill up application form with all necessary details.
  4. Check the all details carefully and press submit button.
  5. Online application System will now generate the registration number.
  6. Get the printout of the online challan and pay the fee to your nearest SBI bank.
  7. Now visit the web portal again to finish the process.
  8. Fill the challan number and registration number and press enter.
  9. Take the print out of the system generated reference number/form for the future use.
  10. That's it.
In case of any questions/queries, please reply below.

Download the official UPSC IES ESE Schedule Calendar below:

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of people are asking me about IES 2016 pattern change. Is there going to be a change in pattern of the engineering services examination?

Well, as far as the syllabus is concerned, there is no word about change as of now. It is going to be the same as earlier years.

To download the syllabus of each branch, here are the links:

IES 2016 Mechanical Engineering Syllabus:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

IES 2016 Civil Engineering Syllabus:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

IES 2016 Electrical Engineering Syllabus:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

IES 2016 Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Syllabus:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

An official report was submitted and it suggests some changes in pattern for IES 2016 recruitment have been proposed. You can download and read it here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's the screenshot of the proposed schedule for IES 2016 exam dates and other important dates.

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 2.01.16 pm
  • Sinjan Chakraborty
    Sinjan Chakraborty
    I will give the ese exam on 2016.....when shall I fill up the application form.......pls rply me...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# , the dates are not out yet. But going by this year's dates, you can expect the registration to begin by March 2016 1st or 2nd week.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in replies below.
  • v vijay kumar
    v vijay kumar
    thank you very much for information..
  • Mona Rupchandani
    Mona Rupchandani
    The candidates who are persuing their engineering course are not eligible to give this exam in their last year of engg.?
    The students who are passed in engg can only appear for this exam.?
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    I want to appear for I E S 2016 . I am a B.E Final year student. Will u plss let me know the keydates For the same
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Mona Rupchandani
    The candidates who are persuing their engineering course are not eligible to give this exam in their last year of engg.?
    The students who are passed in engg can only appear for this exam.?
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers! πŸ˜€

Students in their last year of engineering (B.E. or B.Tech final year) can definitely appear for the IES 2016 exam. This has been made explicitly clear by the test conducting authority.

Students who have completed graduation and hold a degree can apply as well.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Engineering Services Examination 2016 tentative dates:
    Preliminary exam: Objective paper I and II are 8th to 14th February.
    Results of IES ESE 2016 could be declared by mid April i.e. 15th April 2016.
    Mains of ESE could be on 3rd weekend of July.
    Interview for engineering services 2016 may be conducted between 1st November to 15th December 2016.

The official IES ESE 2016 dates are not yet out. We will update this discussion as soon as we have more information.
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    Form filling for the same???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Shailesh vaidya
    Form filling for the same???
    The dates are not yet out.
    Generally the dates will be made official by January 2016. If it comes earlier, keep checking this thread. We will update it here.

Also, this is the official website: #-Link-Snipped-# for all notifications related to IES ESE.
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    Thank u mam
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    Wat is different in gate exam preparation and ies preparation
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    Hi Ankita, your information's are very useful. Is there possibility for change in syllabus for IES 2016? Somebody telling that,may be inclusion of environmental studies is proposed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DINESH C V
    Hi Ankita, your information's are very useful. Is there possibility for change in syllabus for IES 2016? Somebody telling that,may be inclusion of environmental studies is proposed.
    Hi Dinesh, I've heard the rumors too. However, there is no official confirmation regarding that change in IES ESE 2016 pattern from the official authorities as of now.
    I will update the discussion here as soon as I find more information.

However, I did hear about major pattern change. From the PDF that I have attached at the end of the first post here.

The proposed new scheme for Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is as follows:
    Part A - Preliminary Examination: 400 Marks
    Part B- Mains Examination: 600 Marks
    Part C - Personality Test : 200 Marks

ESE 2016 Preliminary exam date: Second Sunday of February every year i.e. 14th February 2016.
    Prelims

Objective Paper I - General Ability Test (100 Marks, 2 Hours)
    Objective Paper 2- Engineering Discipline Test (300 Marks, 3 Hours)

IES 2016 Preliminary Test Results: 15th April 2016.
    Successful candidates shall be required to apply on-line for ESE (Mains) by 30th May.

ESE 2016 Mains exam date:
    Two days, Between 15th- 22nd July

Day 1
    Paper 3- General Studies (100 Marks)
    Paper 4- General English and Rajbhasa (100 Marks, only qualifier)
    Day 2
    Paper 4- Engineering Discipline 1 (250 Marks)
    Paper 4- Engineering Discipline 2 (250 Marks)

Personality Test : 1 Nov - 15th Dec (200 Marks)
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    Thank you so much. Hope pattern ll not change, because i'm from Tamilnadu, i dont know Hindi. anyway have to learn that too omg. Thanks for ur information i ll make myself ready for that. Are u aspirant or working as IES? Thank u for spending time to update.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Good to know aspirants are finding this information useful. I am neither working for IES, nor an IES aspirant.
    Just one of the persons running CrazyEngineers.
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    You people are doing great job,now i can execute my preparation clearly. Keep doing the same.
  • prem1995
    prem1995
    My date of birth is 05/01/1995 am i eligible to appear in ies-2016
  • @ImShiv009
    @ImShiv009
    Good Afternoon Mam, I am Shivam Patel. I want to Know about the application form for that would be conducted for IAS Prelimsin 2016.
  • @ImShiv009
    @ImShiv009
    Good Afternoon Mam, I am Shivam Patel. I want to Know about the application form for that would be conducted for IAS Prelimsin 2016.
  • Mukesh Raghuwanshi
    Mukesh Raghuwanshi
    I have completed my M.Sc in Electronics from North Maharashtra University. So can I apply for IES 2016 exam..??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE.

As per the official UPSC IES notification, students with M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are eligible for IES 2016.
  • Mukesh Raghuwanshi
    Mukesh Raghuwanshi
    #-Link-Snipped-# mam... what about c-dac DESD course ??
    Can I join ..?? Is it better option for my career...???
  • Jay Karan Yadav
    Jay Karan Yadav
    Following is the UPSC 2016 Calendar.
    It mentions that the IES 2016 is scheduled from 27th May.... somewhat similar to this year.... So can we infer that there is not going to be any change in pattern?
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    UPSC calender 2016 is released.... its confirmed IES pattern not going to change this year.... exam on may 27th.... all the best aspirants.....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for sharing that useful information. Time for all IES 2016 aspirants to gear up their studies, now that everyone knows what the exam is going to be like.
  • vaibhav110
    vaibhav110
    MY DOB is 11 jan 1995. AM I eligible for IES 2016?
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    vaibhav110
    MY DOB is 11 jan 1995. AM I eligible for IES 2016?
    Probably No.You will be eligible only for ESE 2017 if the present regulation remains in effect. If you go through the official notification for ESE 2015, you will find that
    You need to be at least 21 years old and not more than 30 years old as on January 1 of the Exam year. If the present regulation continues to remain in effect You will be 10 days short of 21 years on January 1, 2016. Age relaxations do exist as per regulations that are clearly specified in the official notification of the Examination and its relevant details. However, this notification has not been released yet for the exam in 2016 and rules can change with time.
  • nidhi pandya
    nidhi pandya
    hello ankita mam,
    i have heard about spipa institute for IAS. is any this kind of institute for IES?
    what is the procedure for admission in that?
  • nidhi pandya
    nidhi pandya
    Hello ankita mam,
    i have heard about spipa institute for IAS. is there any kind of institute for IES? what is the admission process for that?
  • shemale thakubai
    shemale thakubai
    Hii ankita mam i am BE final year i will give IES exam 2016
  • M.guna
    M.guna
    Haii Hearty gud mrng Mam i want to write India railway store service exam i should write the tests above paper1 paper2 objective 1 ....for indian railway store also
  • nisha pawale
    nisha pawale
    plz tell IES Exam 2016 dates n aslo online application dates
  • Divey
    Divey
    I am a CSE student working in MNC . am I eligible for this exam.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Divey
    I am a CSE student working in MNC . am I eligible for this exam.
    If your age is between 21 to 30, then you're eligible. But keep in mind, there is no exam related to CS. You've to choose either one from Mechanical, Civil, ECE or Elecctrical.
    I am pretty sure it gonna be steep ride, but anything can be done.
    Goodluck πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    shemale thakubai
    Hii ankita mam i am BE final year i will give IES exam 2016
    Yes you can.

nisha pawale
    plz tell IES Exam 2016 dates n aslo online application dates
    #-Link-Snipped-#

IES ESE - Engineering Services Exam Dates:

• Maneri Rahul
    Maneri Rahul
    hi mam ,i am rahul ,i am doing my final year b tech (electronics and instrumentation ).
    am i eligible to apply under ECE and appear for the exam .??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    maneri rahul
    hi mam ,i am rahul ,i am doing my final year b tech (electronics and instrumentation ).
    am i eligible to apply under ECE and appear for the exam .??
    Yes. Go ahead.
  • Naveenkumar_k
    Naveenkumar_k
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# , the dates are not out yet. But going by this year's dates, you can expect the registration to begin by March 2016 1st or 2nd week.

Ankita Katdare

Hello πŸ˜€ mam u are saying that registration for 2016 will be expected in the month of march but the preliminary exam dates are in feb 2nd week how come this possible???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Naveenkumar_k
    Hello πŸ˜€ mam u are saying that registration for 2016 will be expected in the month of march but the preliminary exam dates are in feb 2nd week how come this possible???
    Nothing was confirmed back then. This is the official schedule :

IES ESE - Engineering Services Exam Dates:

• Arun more
    Arun more
    Can ph2(visually impaired) candidate apply for ies exam and is there any reservation for them.
  • Su Matharu
    Su Matharu
    Is Computer Science Engineer Eligible for IES 2016?
  • Nilangsu Hazra
    Nilangsu Hazra
    Do we have to register for the prelims if yes what will be the possible date ?
  • Prithivirajan
    Prithivirajan
    Mam, I'm doing final year ug in mechanical engineering .. Am i eligible to apply for those exams?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Su Matharu
    Is Computer Science Engineer Eligible for IES 2016?
    Prithivirajan
    Mam, I'm doing final year ug in mechanical engineering .. Am i eligible to apply for those exams?
    Yes. Both of you can!
  • Prithivirajan
    Prithivirajan
    thank u
  • reena kumari
    reena kumari
    hi mam,i am reena,i am doing my final year for b-tech(electronics & telecommunication)
    i can give IES exam 2016,plz tell me.
  • LAKSHMI THIRUMAL
    LAKSHMI THIRUMAL
    hi mam,i am doing biomedical enginnering final year.am i eligible for ies-2016???if so,which discipline should i take???kindly,help me.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    kumari reena
    hi mam,i am reena,i am doing my final year for b-tech(electronics & telecommunication)
    i can give IES exam 2016,plz tell me.
    Yes. You can take the exam.

LAKSHMI THIRUMAL
    hi mam,i am doing biomedical engineering final year.am i eligible for ies-2016???if so,which discipline should i take???kindly,help me.
    #-Link-Snipped-# You are eligible for taking the exam, but you have to choose from the 4 branches mentioned. I really can't take the decision for you, as I don't know what your academic background is or what skills you have. You have to choose between - Computer, Electronics, Mechanical and Electrical All the best.
  • LAKSHMI THIRUMAL
    LAKSHMI THIRUMAL
    thank u mam
  • Abhishekzzz
    Abhishekzzz
    hi mam,i am Abhishek Sharma n i am a final year B-tech(computer science) student,am i eligible for ies-2016?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Abhishekzzz
    hi mam,i am Abhishek Sharma n i am a final year B-tech(computer science) student,am i eligible for ies-2016?
    Yes. It has been told numerous times in this discussion above. Final year engineering students ARE ELIGIBLE for taking the IES 2016 examination.
  • JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    JAY CYRIL LONGTON
    IES 2015 is coming.. anyone here having a discussion/study group to prepare??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Civiliryc
    IES 2015 is coming.. anyone here having a discussion/study group to prepare??
    Lots of discussions about IES preparation tips happening on the forum. A study group sounds great. You can go ahead and start a new discussion. I am sure others will join in.
  • Prasad Gorkar
    Prasad Gorkar
    hello Ankita, as you displayed the tentative schedule for Preliminary Exams.. then according to you in which month forms for Pre. Exam will be out?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Prasad Gorkar
    hello Ankita, as you displayed the tentative schedule for Preliminary Exams.. then according to you in which month forms for Pre. Exam will be out?
    This is the final schedule -

• Souvik Kar
    Souvik Kar
    When will IES Examination's registration start???
  • SACHE
    SACHE
    hi, my birth date is 21.06.1995 and i'm doing final year engineering, i seen that exam gonna occur on the month of MAY, but my age would be 21 after JUNE. SO CAN I APPLY FOR IES-2016
  • Prayash
    Prayash
    I don't get it. Why such kind of discrimination being made by UPSC at this level. We all know loads of engineers are coming out each year and still they are only sticking to 4 branches. WTH....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SACHE
    hi, my birth date is 21.06.1995 and i'm doing final year engineering, i seen that exam gonna occur on the month of MAY, but my age would be 21 after JUNE. SO CAN I APPLY FOR IES-2016
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The official declaration says -
    So, YES. You can apply to IES ESE as you need to be of age 21 on 1st August of 2016.
    Which you are going to be.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Souvik Kar
    When will IES Examination's registration start???
    It should be between February last week to March third week. Keep a check on the official notification that arrives on 27th February. πŸ‘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Prayash
    I don't get it. Why such kind of discrimination being made by UPSC at this level. We all know loads of engineers are coming out each year and still they are only sticking to 4 branches. WTH....
    #-Link-Snipped-# Engineers (B.E./B.Tech) from any branch can apply to IES, provided they choose any one of these 4 basic streams. It might be the case that the jobs available after cracking IES ESE are more inclined to these 4 branches only. If you are a petroleum engineer, you can apply to Civil, Mechanical or Electrical depending on the kind of engineering service you want to join later. Check the syllabus for each branch and choose wisely. All the best.
  • SACHE
    SACHE
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The official declaration says -
    So, YES. You can apply to IES ESE as you need to be of age 21 on 1st August of 2016.
    Which you are going to be.
    thank u mam
  • sowmeow
    sowmeow
    Hi.. I have one doubt. The preliminary exam date is on feb. we have to apply separately for prelims and mains???
  • kpstomar
    kpstomar
    Madam I want to know about lies 2016 , would I appear this exam when my BE degree have 58.65% and my age is 29year and 5 month from November 2015 please be reply
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It depends on your birth date.
    You have to be between 21-30 years on 1st August of 2016 to become eligible for UPSC IES ESE 2016.
    There is no cut-off percentage. A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent is all that is needed.
  • keerthana kathiresan
    keerthana kathiresan
    mam...i am keerthana , i have one doubt..if gate exam preparation s enough or we hav to read more??
  • parth.patel
    parth.patel
    What is the last date to register for ies 2016?
  • Anil1995
    Anil1995
    Hey, My DOB is 5th Jan, 1995.
    The age limit border specified in this site is 1st August of same year. But in the official website (link below) it is mentioned as 1st January of same year, which means I will not be 21 by then. Please clarify which is the right info.
  • Gideon Enghee
    Gideon Enghee
    Sir I am pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. As subjects such as Control system, MICROPROCESSORS,COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS,Measurements and Instrumentation, ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS,EM Theory Electric and magnetic fields are similar with E.I.E syllabus.
    Am I eligible for appearing ESE exam in Electrical Engineering category?
  • Gideon Enghee
    Gideon Enghee
    Sir I am pursuing B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. As subjects such as Control system, MICROPROCESSORS,COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS,Measurements and Instrumentation, ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS,EM Theory Electric and magnetic fields are similar with E.I.E syllabus.
    Am I eligible for appearing ESE exam in Electrical Engineering category?
  • laima ray
    laima ray
    i am from computer science background. can i appear for IES ??
  • laima ray
    laima ray
    hi i am from computer science background. can i give ies ??
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    [QUOTE="keerthana kathiresan off course u have to study deep to write conventional exam... we can guess some important topics too so preparation according to that.... gate and some more preparation for ies surely possible, u can do it and succeed it.... all the best...
  • nagamoorthy
    nagamoorthy
    i am final year student. i will eligible to write ies (civil) exam
  • nagamoorthy
    nagamoorthy
    i am final year student. i will eligible for writting the ies exam
  • shubham bagul
    shubham bagul
    hello mam i am a last year engineering student. can i get information about the difference of ies and ese. if both exams are same then why the dates of examination are different for both on upsc website.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

ESE stands for Engineering Services Exam. This discussion is dedicated to that.
    ESE is also callad as IES-ESE - where IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

Another exam is IES/ISS
    Here IES stands for Indian Economic Service and
    ISS stands for Indian Statistical Service.

When you check the dates, always look for ESE for Engineering Services.
  • Vamsi Jalasri
    Vamsi Jalasri
    haiii i want to write an ies exam 2016 and at present i am perusing b-tech final year and my age is 20 at present and whether i am eligible and if not is there any other to write an exam ....and it is only for practice. please reply me ....my mail id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It depends on your birth date. If you are going to be of age 21 on August 1 2016, you are eligible for IES-2016. All final year students can apply.
  • Vamsi Jalasri
    Vamsi Jalasri
    kk thank u ........................can un give some tips to prepare for ies
  • sinha2608
    sinha2608
    Can Computer science and engineering student are also give this examination for IES 2016.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sinha2608
    Can Computer science and engineering student are also give this examination for IES 2016.
    Yes. They can. You have to choose any one of the 4 branches and study for their subjects. Engineers from all branches are eligible.
  • sinha2608
    sinha2608
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. They can. You have to choose any one of the 4 branches and study for their subjects. Engineers from all branches are eligible.
    Thank You For Suggestion !
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vamsi Jalasri
    kk thank u ........................can un give some tips to prepare for ies
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# You can check out some of the tips written here: How To Crack IES 2016 Engineering exam - Preparation Tips! If you have some specific question or subject related query, feel free to ask in that discussion.
  • Yamini Kannan
    Yamini Kannan
    hi ankita ! how should we apply for prelims of ies exam
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    YAMINI K
    hi ankita ! how should we apply for prelims of ies exam
    Date of Notification is 27th February 2016 (This is when you will get all the application details).
    Last Date of receiving applications is 25th March 2016.
    Exam will be conducted from 27th May.
    Check the exam calendar.
  • vaibhav Nautiyal
    vaibhav Nautiyal
    Hi ankita..I've heared that the date of filling the application form are not out yet but an estimate will be helpful to know on which dates the application form of IES arrives...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I know it varies from year to year. For IES 2015, this was the final notification. It arrived on 14th March 2015.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Vinay kadam
    Vinay kadam
    I am in Biomedical Engg...am i eligible to give IES ??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vinay kadam
    I am in Biomedical Engg...am i eligible to give IES ??
    Yes. You can apply.
  • Akshay Mulchandani
    Akshay Mulchandani
    Ankita Katdare

Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to work under the Government of India in the sectors of Power, Telecommunications, Railroads, Public works etc.

The examination consists of a written examination followed by an interview for personality test.

The recruited candidates at IES 2016 will be eligible for following categories -

1. Civil Engineering

• B.Tech/B.E or,passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India). or,
    • Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
    • Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
    • Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
    • Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959

Age-limit:

6. Get the printout of the online challan and pay the fee to your nearest SBI bank.
    9. Take the print out of the system generated reference number/form for the future use.
    10. That's it.
    I am final year B.E. Electrical student and will complete my B.E. in about june 2016, My Question is that , can i apply for ies 2016 as final year student.
  • Akshay Mulchandani
    Akshay Mulchandani
    I am final year B.E. Electrical student and will complete my B.E. in about june 2016, My Question is that , can i apply for ies 2016 as final year student as well as my D.O.B. is 06/09/1995..
    Thank u
  • Jainam Shah
    Jainam Shah
    Can chemical Engineer take the exam?
  • lijose jose
    lijose jose
    Madam , minimum how much mark we need to secure in ies to get posting in government. Is necessary coaching in ies or we can our own.
  • manu@09
    manu@09
    hiii ankita plzzz suggest me books for IES preparation.
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    #-Link-Snipped-# ji so exams of ies are postponed? As u first stated tentatitively date of exams of general awareness in feb.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Akshay Mulchandani
    I am final year B.E. Electrical student and will complete my B.E. in about june 2016, My Question is that , can i apply for ies 2016 as final year student as well as my D.O.B. is 06/09/1995..
    Thank u
    I don't think so. Your age will not be 21 on 1st August of 2016, so you may not be eligible to apply.
    JAINAM SHAH COOL
    Can chemical Engineer take the exam?
    Yes absolutely. Why not? Just apply to any of the 4 branches.

Shailesh vaidya
    #-Link-Snipped-# ji so exams of ies are postponed? As u first stated tentatitively date of exams of general awareness in feb.
    The final schedule for ESE 2016 has been out for quite some time. I have heard no information about postponement. You may download it here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vikash ain
    vikash ain
    Ankita Katdare

I have seen different exam dates for ies and ese on upsc's official website? are they the same thing or entirely different opertunities?
  • vikash ain
    vikash ain
    is ies different from ese?
  • yash200695@ gmail.com
    yash200695@ gmail.com
    I am a BE final year student.What is the last date for registration for IES2016
  • Tank Hardik Chandrakant
    Tank Hardik Chandrakant
    my date of birth is 15/02/1995 , can i eligible for ies-2016
  • Tank Hardik Chandrakant
    Tank Hardik Chandrakant
    yash200695@ gmail.com
    I am a BE final year student.What is the last date for registration for IES2016
    me to .
  • engineer123
    engineer123
    hello ma'am,
    When shall the registration for preleminary exams for ESE 2016 start?

hello ma'am,
    When will the registration for IES 2016 prelims start ?
  • Sajith S P
    Sajith S P
    Hi,
    I completed BTech Aerospace engineering from IGNOU(full time course). Am I eligible to appear in ies-2016.
  • mro
    mro
    my dob is 10-08-1981 am i eligible to apply ies-2016
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    engineer123
    hello ma'am,
    When shall the registration for preleminary exams for ESE 2016 start?
    engineer123
    hello ma'am,
    When will the registration for IES 2016 prelims start ?
    Date of Notification - 27 Feb 2016
    Last Date For Receipt of Applications - 25 March 2016
    Date of Commencement of Exam - 27 May 2016

Sajith S P
    Hi,
    I completed BTech Aerospace engineering from IGNOU(full time course). Am I eligible to appear in ies-2016.
    Yes you are eligible.

mro
    my dob is 10-08-1981 am i eligible to apply ies-2016
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 2.06.03 PM

If age > 30 years, you are not eligible.
  • mro
    mro
    Ankita Katdare
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 2.06.03 PM

If age > 30 years, you are not eligible.
    im s.c candidate
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# No mention of caste based age relaxation. Age relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of some categories is there. However, you might have to check with UPSC for it.
    Official link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Karnati Sindusree
    Karnati Sindusree
    Hi Ankita,
    I am a mechanical engineer,2014 passed out.I am a working professional.If had to take IES 2016,as exam will be held in may .How many months of preparation is expected.As i am equipped with subject with minimal problem solving skills upto GATE paper level.

Regards,
    SIndhu
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It depends upon your level of preparation, the time you can dedicate and your existing understanding of all subjects. You can try solving some sample question papers at home and see what results you get. If you get good scores, you can only work on the tough topics and use these 4 months to the fullest to prepare for the exam.
  • Surajbalaji
    Surajbalaji
    Hello ankitta mam am studying final year mechanical engineering and am wearing spectacle. Am I eligible for ies exam
  • YASH19946
    YASH19946
    I AM IN LAST SEMESTER OF MY BTECH (CSE ) . I AM ELIGIBLE FOR IES/ISS EXAM OR NOT?
  • Karnati Sindusree
    Karnati Sindusree
    Thank you ankita!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    YASH19946
    I AM IN LAST SEMESTER OF MY BTECH (CSE ) . I AM ELIGIBLE FOR IES/ISS EXAM OR NOT?
    IES/ISS exam stands for: Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service.
    This discussion is about IES - Indian Engineering Services.
    For IES exam, you are eligible if you are in last sem of B.Tech CSE.
  • im@punith
    im@punith
    I BELONGS TO INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND DEPARTMENT CAN I TAKE UP IES EXAM?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANK YOU.

i belongs to industrial engineering and management ,can i take up ies exam??
  • im@punith
    im@punith
    i belongs to industrial engineering and management, can i take up ies exm
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    im@punith
    I BELONGS TO INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND DEPARTMENT CAN I TAKE UP IES EXAM?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANK YOU.
    im@punith
    i belongs to industrial engineering and management ,can i take up ies exam??
    If you are in final year of a B.E. or B.Tech course, you are eligible to take the exam.
  • pavankumar14394
    pavankumar14394
    hello madam/sir, my date of birth is 14-08-1995. am i eligible for IES examination 2016...plz give information as soon as possible.
  • Rohit Kumar
    Rohit Kumar
    Hi Ankita
    I completed my Engg. in Computer Science
    I would like to know while filling the application form of IES-2016 which branch/subject will have to be selected.....
    As they asks for Mech/Civil/Electrical/Electronics and Tele. Comm.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    M Rohit Kumar
    I would like to know while filling the application form of IES-2016 which branch/subject will have to be selected.....
    You can choose the branch whose subjects you are most familiar with.
  • Rohit Kumar
    Rohit Kumar
    Ankita Katdare
    You can choose the branch whose subjects you are most familiar with.
    Will there be any problem later on?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    pavankumar14394
    hello madam/sir, my date of birth is 14-08-1995. am i eligible for IES examination 2016...plz give information as soon as possible.
    You will not be 21 on 01-08-2016. So, you will not be eligible for IES 2016. Try for IES 2017.

M Rohit Kumar
    Will there be any problem later on?
    No there will be no problem. All CS Students apply for either one of the 4 categories in IES.
  • Rohit Kumar
    Rohit Kumar
    Ankita Katdare
    You will not be 21 on 01-08-2016. So, you will not be eligible for IES 2016. Try for IES 2017.

No there will be no problem. All CS Students apply for either one of the 4 categories in IES.
    Thank You for the information. Ankita
  • Saagar zanke
    Saagar zanke
    I have appeard for my last year in civil engineering and the results are yet to be declared . ..am I eligible for ies?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Saagar zanke
    I have appeard for my last year in civil engineering and the results are yet to be declared . ..am I eligible for ies?
    Yes you are eligible as you will have your results, by the time you go to the interview round.
  • Sumana Rao
    Sumana Rao
    Hello, What is the restriction on number of attempts in Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Aavantika
    Hello, What is the restriction on number of attempts in Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam?
    As per the UPSC official website:
    Number of attempts for Civil Service Examination is:
    General-4,
    OBC-7,
    SC/ST- No restriction
  • Bhuvana Chokkalingam
    Bhuvana Chokkalingam
    I'm doing final year civil engineering. Am I eligible for ies 2016?
  • Bappi debnath
    Bappi debnath
    I have completed b.tech in electronics and communication, so am I eligible to fill the application for I.e.s.

I have completed b.tech in electronics and communication. Am I eligible to fill the application for IES examination?
  • meghavath naresh
    meghavath naresh
    our date of birthday is 14-05-1995 so ihave apper ese-2016exam or not
  • Basavaraj Kannur
    Basavaraj Kannur
    hi mam...
    I am Basavaraj Kannur, i am going to appear for IES 2016 but i have some doubts.
    1.How many attempts are their for IES ?
    2.Is their any facility to save my partially filled application and continue in later ?( like GATE examination application form)
  • Himanshu anand
    Himanshu anand
    Hi,
    The site link given above to apply for the exam is not able to load and showing error.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Bhuvana chokkalingam
    I'm doing final year civil engineering. Am I eligible for ies 2016?
    Yes. You are eligible for IES ESE 2016 if you are in your final year. You need to be of 21-30 years of age on 1st August of 2016.
    Bappi debnath
    I have completed b.tech in electronics and communication, so am I eligible to fill the application for I.e.s.
    Yes. You are eligible. You need to be of 21-30 years of age on 1st August of 2016.
    meghavath naresh
    our date of birthday is 14-05-1995 so ihave apper ese-2016exam or not
    Yes. Your age will be 21 years 2 months 18 days on 1st august 2016. So, you are eligible for taking the IES 2016 exam.
    Basavaraj Kannur
    How many attempts are their for IES ?
    As per the UPSC official website:
    Number of attempts for Civil Service Examination is:
    General-4,
    OBC-7,
    SC/ST- No restriction
    Himanshu anand
    Hi,
    The site link given above to apply for the exam is not able to load and showing error.
    The date of notification will arrive on 27th February 2016. You can apply from 27th to 25th March 2016.
  • Basavaraj Kannur
    Basavaraj Kannur
    Is their any facility to save my partially filled application and continue in later during online apply?
  • Anand10
    Anand10
    can Information Technology branch people also apply??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anand10
    can Information Technology branch people also apply??
    Yes. You can apply in any one of the 4 categories.
  • DEEPAK KUMAR NTPC
    DEEPAK KUMAR NTPC
    Hello mam, i have completed B.TECH in mechanical engg. from KSOU, mysore. am i elegible to apply for upsc ese?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    DEEPAK KUMAR NTPC
    Hello mam, i have completed B.TECH in mechanical engg. from KSOU, mysore. am i elegible to apply for upsc ese?
    Yes, Deepak. You are eligible to apply.

DEEPAK KUMAR NTPC
    Yes, Deepak. You are eligible to apply.
  • Priyanka.rajana
    Priyanka.rajana
    Do I need to get any kind of attestation from my college hod on any forms ??
  • suraj singh14
    suraj singh14
    thanks for providing ies2016 syllabus. πŸ˜€
  • Priyanka vijaykumar
    Priyanka vijaykumar
    Hello! I am priyanka doing my final year civil engineering! Can I apply for IES 2016 ?
  • Swathy sreenivasan
    Swathy sreenivasan
    Mam
    How do i prepare for this exam. Actually i want to appear electrical exam but i lost my touch with the subject and i have cimpleted B.E electrical and electronics in 2014. Pls suggest a good guide for me
  • BOOPATHY KR
    BOOPATHY KR
    mam i have arrears more than 10 shall i eligible for this

mam i have standing arrear of more than 10 papers will I eligible for this
  • Jeya seelan
    Jeya seelan
    is there anyone who attended IES xam here

Priyanka vijaykumar
    Hello! I am priyanka doing my final year civil engineering! Can I apply for IES 2016 ?
    yes!!!!!!!!! u can
  • tabassum.ansari
    tabassum.ansari
    I missed my preliminary exam date, i want to give main exam
    will this effect for my getting qualifying?
  • challa anjaneyulu
    challa anjaneyulu
    hi ankita madam this is anji i didn't write preliminay am i eligible for write ies exam
  • akash494553
    akash494553
    mam.. i want to know age eligibility.current i m working in NMDC,PSU..my DOB is 2/3/1986.kindly tell i will be eligible for IES 2016 OR UPTO IES2017..WAITING FOR KIND RESPONSE
  • drasty shah
    drasty shah
    can i get a link of application format for for civil enginer?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Guys, the notification will be out day-after tomorrow.

Check UPsc website , or once the notification is out will post the link.
  • Praveen@1
    Praveen@1
    Hello ma'm I have done B.E. in E & TC branch. Can I apply for Electrical Branch for IES ESE?
  • Praveen@1
    Praveen@1
    Hello ma'm i have done B.E in E & TC. Can i apply for electrical branch for ies ese exam??
  • yudi1khan
    yudi1khan
    Helooo #-Link-Snipped-#...i am a final year student ,my result is still awaited is it possible for me to apply online application form this year...plz hlp me ...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    yudi1khan
    Helooo #-Link-Snipped-#...i am a final year student ,my result is still awaited is it possible for me to apply online application form this year...plz hlp me ...
    Yes. You can apply.
  • SURENDRA ANDHALE
    SURENDRA ANDHALE
    Now i'm in final year of civil engg.
    i have seen on UPSC web site that the date of exam is 27 may
    but that time also I HAVE my final year exams
    what to do.....??
  • N Kalpana
    N Kalpana
    My date of birth is 10-june-1995 am I eligible to appear in IES-2016. Whether i have to attend preliminary examination before applying for this examination. Those who are got good result in preliminary exam that particular persons only have to apply for this exam??? Please give me clear idea regarding IES exam. Now i am pursuing final year btech and i attended GATE-2016 on Feb-6.

hai mam, my DOB is:- 10-june-1995, am i eligible to write ies-2016 exam???
  • ROHAN DEWANGAN
    ROHAN DEWANGAN
    is IES 2016 notification out???
  • siriil
    siriil
    Ankita Katdare

1. Civil Engineering

Age-limit:

10. That's it.

Download the official UPSC IES ESE Schedule Calendar below:
    hello πŸ˜€ Thank you for the info, please share any further info about IES preparation or material available or the exam pattern

ROHAN DEWANGAN
    is IES 2016 notification out???
    yeah
  • Rohit Kumar
    Rohit Kumar
    Hi guys
    I applied IES 2016 and I graduated in Computers and chosen Electronics & telecommunications as my branch in online application
  • nibedita
    nibedita
    hello mam..i am born on 9th jan 1995..am i eligible?the criteria says that you sud be 21 by august of the year of exam

hello mam..i am born on 9th jan 1995..am i eligible?the criteria says that you sud be 21 by august of the year of exam
  • ROHAN DEWANGAN
    ROHAN DEWANGAN
    What is the website for online apply????
  • Abi.93
    Abi.93
    Mam
    while filling online applictn of upsc Engineerng exm 2016,they are asking about Community certificate date.What is it?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Abi.93
    Mam
    while filling online applictn of upsc Engineerng exm 2016,they are asking about Community certificate date.What is it?
    Could you share a screenshot of the display screen form? What exactly are the options?

In general, for Community - Candidate should write
    1 for SC
    2 for ST
    3 for OBC
    4 for General (other than SC/ST/OBC)

Abi.93
    Mam
    This should be the 'date' on your caste certificate, applicable only for SC/ST candidates.

Application form link for IES 2016: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chandana yaminipriya
    chandana yaminipriya
    number of attempts for OC female candidates
  • Vasanthi R
    Vasanthi R
    My D.O.B is 11-05-1995 I am eligible to apply ies 2016. Pls reply

My D.O.B is 11-05-1995..I am eligible to apply ies 2016 exam.pls reply
  • Sidharth gupta
    Sidharth gupta
    Mam I m in final year of my graduation course b.tech.can I apply in this exam
  • Sidharth gupta
    Sidharth gupta
    Mam I doing b.tech.I am in final year.am I eligible for this exam
  • arya ls
    arya ls
    is it necessary that we should learn hindi..??
  • Amit Dhoke
    Amit Dhoke
    how many times can i give this exam?
  • Nitin Bilagi
    Nitin Bilagi
    My date of birth is 28-01-1995. Am i eligible for IES exam?

My date of Birth is 28-01-1995. Am i eligible for IES exam?
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    Priyanka vijaykumar, congrats u have courage to apply for the exam. Ur DOB must be before 1st January 1995. All the best. start ur preparation now it self, u ll crack it.

1st apply for the exam, choose ur favorite subject, go through topics fully once and try to solve objective of old ESE(ies) questions and then solve conventional of same.. u have limited time,so do it.. u can succeed...

Priyanka vijaykumar
    Priyanka vijaykumar, congrats u have courage to apply for the exam. Ur DOB must be before 1st January 1995. All the best. start ur preparation now it self, u ll crack it

Swathy sreenivasan
    Mam
    How do i prepare for this exam. Actually i want to appear electrical exam but i lost my touch with the subject and i have cimpleted B.E electrical and electronics in 2014. Pls suggest a good guide for me
    1st apply for the exam, choose ur favorite subject, go through topics fully once and try to solve objective of old ESE(ies) questions and then solve conventional of same.. u have limited time,so do it.. u can succeed...

akash494553
    mam.. i want to know age eligibility.current i m working in NMDC,PSU..my DOB is 2/3/1986.kindly tell i will be eligible for IES 2016 OR UPTO IES2017..WAITING FOR KIND RESPONSE
    Ur eligible to ies 2016. for further info pls read notification of ies 2016 ...

N Kalpana
    My date of birth is 10-june-1995 am I eligible to appear in IES-2016. Whether i have to attend preliminary examination before applying for this examination. Those who are got good result in preliminary exam that particular persons only have to apply for this exam??? Please give me clear idea regarding IES exam. Now i am pursuing final year btech and i attended GATE-2016 on Feb-6.
    Sorry ur not eligible for ies 2016, ur DOB must before 1st jan 1995. gate and ies is different. for ur info from 2017 onward only prelimnary , main and interview. Ies 2017 notification comes in august, exam in feb 2017 i guess.. u start ur preparation nw itself. its perfect time to start. u surely crack the exam. work hard u will win. all the best.

nibedita
    Sorry ur not eligible for ies 2016, ur DOB must before 1st jan 1995. Ies 2017 notification comes in august, exam in feb 2017 i guess.. u start ur preparation nw itself. its perfect time to start. u surely crack the exam. work hard u will win. all the best.

chandana yaminipriya
    number of attempts for OC female candidates
    I think there is no restriction like that but age limit of 30. oc cant write after that, pls make it confirm....

Vasanthi R
    My D.O.B is 11-05-1995 I am eligible to apply ies 2016. Pls reply
    hi vasanthi,Sorry ur not eligible for ies 2016, ur DOB must before 1st jan 1995. Ies 2017 notification comes in august, exam in feb 2017 i guess.. u start ur preparation nw itself. its perfect time to start. u surely crack the exam. work hard u will win. all the best.
  • Chiranjib Bin
    Chiranjib Bin
    I am a final year student in Civil engineering can I apply for UPSC IES
  • Garima Saxena
    Garima Saxena
    Hyw.. My Date Of Birth Is 25-Apr-1995 and i m pursuing B.Tech Final Year.. Am i Eligible For IES Exam ?

My Date of Birthg is 25-Apr-1995 and i m pursuing B.tech Final Year.. Am I Eligible to Give IES 2016 ??
  • Manoj sarkar
    Manoj sarkar
    I have degree B.E instrumentation can I eligible IES exam..
  • ABHINAV SHUKLA
    ABHINAV SHUKLA
    Hi I am b tech in marine enginerering cani apply in this if yes which catagery thanks in advance
  • ABHINAV SHUKLA
    ABHINAV SHUKLA
    Hi can any tell me whether b tech marine is eligible for indian enginerering services
  • N.Arun Ganesh
    N.Arun Ganesh
    My DOB is 8 - 2 - 1995 i cant apply...it says dob is not eligible...am a final yr ECE student,pls help me

My DOB is 8-2-1995 and i cannot apply UPSC ESE ...it says that my dob is not valid....im a final yr ece...help me pls
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    Garima Saxena
    Hyw.. My Date Of Birth Is 25-Apr-1995 and i m pursuing B.Tech Final Year.. Am i Eligible For IES Exam ?
    Hi, sorry ur not eligible to apply,ur DOB before 1st jan 1995. IES 2017 will be in february 2017 and notification in august (i guess). start ur preparation nw itself asper new syllabus.its right time to start, u can easily clear it in 2017.... all the best.

Chiranjib Bin
    I am a final year student in Civil engineering can I apply for UPSC IES
    Hi, sorry ur not eligible to apply,ur DOB before 1st jan 1995. IES 2017 will be in february 2017 and notification in august (i guess).start preparation for that and crack it all the best.

N.Arun Ganesh
    My DOB is 8-2-1995 and i cannot apply UPSC ESE ...it says that my dob is not valid....im a final yr ece...help me pls
    Hi, sorry ur not eligible to apply,ur DOB before 1st jan 1995.

There r only 4 streams in IES i.e civil, mechanical, EEE, Electronics and telecommunication. U can choose any1 of these and apply for this. i guess mechanical will suits for u.... alll the best..

Manoj sarkar
    I have degree B.E instrumentation can I eligible IES exam..
    There r only 4 streams in IES i.e civil, mechanical, EEE, Electronics and telecommunication. U can choose any1 of these. Electronics and telecommunication ll have similar syllabus...all the best
  • BASANAGOUDA GOUDAR
    BASANAGOUDA GOUDAR
    IES will have 3 sections for objective type paper .the cutof for GM is around 310 out of 600 as per ies 2015.Is there any sectional cutof or not?

Mam is there any sectional cutof for objective papers?
  • kolani
    kolani
    i not note the reg . no.after the filling 1st step of ese2016, what i do
  • N.Arun Ganesh
    N.Arun Ganesh
    DINESH C V
    Hi, sorry ur not eligible to apply,ur DOB before 1st jan 1995.
    Thank You buddy
  • GOLLA RAVITEJA
    GOLLA RAVITEJA
    Hello sir,I was born on June 8th 1995 and appearing for final semester...bt my application is not processed due to the age criteria.
    As for the eligibility requirement,I will have 21 years of age by August 2016.
    What I have to do now?
  • ShwetaP_07
    ShwetaP_07
    HI Ankita, I'm Computer Engineer, Am I eligible for IES or IAS or IPS exams. Kindly guide me. Very much Confused. πŸ˜”
  • .Anto.
    .Anto.
    Hi, Ankita
    i want to know whether B.E(computer science ) can attend this exam? I heard some rumors about that. so it made a confusing on me . please give me a solution. thanks in advance..

Hi, Ankita
    i want to know whether B.E(computer science ) can attend this exam? I heard some rumors about that. so it made a confusing on me . please give me a solution. thanks in advance..
  • SAKSHI JAIN
    SAKSHI JAIN
    i m persuing final sem with computer science.. do i also allowed to give exam as well??
  • dhaneesh88
    dhaneesh88
    Can Btech IT professional apply ?

Can Btech IT profesional apply for this exam ?
  • mohiddin khan
    mohiddin khan
    Hiii
    I am a B.tech student from JNTUK. I have persuaded my b.tech through distance mode which is not AICTE approved. am i eligible for IES exam.
  • JADHAV PRUTHVIRAJ
    JADHAV PRUTHVIRAJ
    HI MAM, DIS IS PRUTHVI OF FINAL YEAR .YESTERDAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR ONLINE APPLICATION SO, CAN I APPLY VTH LATE FEE ?IF ANY POSSIBILITY GIVE ME REPLY
  • hardik sojitra
    hardik sojitra
    LAST YEAR DEGREE STUDENT CAN APPLY FOR THIS EXAM ?????????????????
  • DINESH C V
    DINESH C V
    GOLLA RAVITEJA
    Hello sir,I was born on June 8th 1995 and appearing for final semester...bt my application is not processed due to the age criteria.
    As for the eligibility requirement,I will have 21 years of age by August 2016.
    What I have to do now?
    In notification they mentioned before born 1st jan 1995 are eligible. pls check it again clearly. All the best for exam.

hardik sojitra
    LAST YEAR DEGREE STUDENT CAN APPLY FOR THIS EXAM ?????????????????
    Yes u can. pls check with what degree u did and age criteria.

JADHAV PRUTHVIRAJ
    HI MAM, DIS IS PRUTHVI OF FINAL YEAR .YESTERDAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR ONLINE APPLICATION SO, CAN I APPLY VTH LATE FEE ?IF ANY POSSIBILITY GIVE ME REPLY
    i think they extended the date till 30th(not sure). come on jalthi karo. do it fast hope u ll did.

dhaneesh88
    Can Btech IT profesional apply for this exam ?
    Yes ur eligible but choose any one of 4 streams.

sakshi0562
    i m persuing final sem with computer science.. do i also allowed to give exam as well??
    make sure about ur age born before 1st jan 1995. Computer science department is eligible bt u can choose Ece or eee or civil or mechanical, all the best

.Anto.
    Hi, Ankita
    Computer science department is eligible bt u can choose Ece or eee or civil or mechanical, all the best.

ShwetaP_07
    HI Ankita, I'm Computer Engineer, Am I eligible for IES or IAS or IPS exams. Kindly guide me. Very much Confused. πŸ˜”
    U are eligible for all the exams. For civil service(IAS) any degree is eligible. For IES(engg service) Any engg degree is enough but u can choose any 4 stream,my advice ECE or EEE though ur CS, pick which syllabus have more similarity to u studied. Hope u got some idea, BE confident in what u do. U can crack it with hard work and consistency. all the best.
  • Niranjan Shirke
    Niranjan Shirke
    Hello mam, I am a computer Engineer. I wanted to know that am i eligible for IES. if yes then please guide for the same.
  • Niranjan Shirke
    Niranjan Shirke
    Hello mam, I am a computer Engineer. I wanted to know that am i eligible for IES. if yes then please guide for the same.
  • Niranjan Shirke
    Niranjan Shirke
  • Ankita99
    Ankita99
    is this exam not for computer sc students?
  • Niranjan Shirke
    Niranjan Shirke
    Actually i haven't found Computer Engineering in above list ,there is(Civil,mech,EXTC),
    And i just heard of this exam so i have no idea at all,it would be very helpfull fot me if u make simple statements .ThanksπŸ˜€
  • Himanshu Hedau
    Himanshu Hedau
    Thankyou so much mam
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Niranjan Shirke
    Ankita99
    is this exam not for computer sc students?
    Computer Students apply for any of the 4 categories for IES ESE exam. There is no separate category for computer students.
  • vusa.manaswini
    vusa.manaswini
    Is computer science students r not eligible for the test????
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    vusa.manaswini
    Is computer science students r not eligible for the test????
    They are. You just need to apply in any of the 4 categories. No separate section for CS/IT students.
  • Sidrat Nabi
    Sidrat Nabi
    I wanna clear that is ies and ese two different exams or one and the same....
  • sai.p.kiran
    sai.p.kiran
    hi mam
    can computer science people apply for this exam?
  • Darshan katariya
    Darshan katariya
    Hi...
    I have a pdf of my application form...
    Is it the application receipt??
    And how can I find the examination place..means I choose my exam location as a ahmedabad city but in ahmedabad at which place I have to go for exam pls tell me I need ur help... Pls reply me...on
    #-Link-Snipped-# this is my mail id...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sujaida nabi
    I wanna clear that is ies and ese two different exams or one and the same....
    IES stands for Indian Engineering Services and
    ESE stands for Engineering Services Examination.
    So, it's fair to call it the IES ESE Exam.

However, UPSC also has an exam called IES = Indian Economical Services, which is completely different.

So, always choose ESE if you want to aim for engineering services.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sai.p.kiran
    hi mam
    can computer science people apply for this exam?
    Yes they can. They need to apply in any one of the 4 categories even though it is not a part of their CS or IT syllabus.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like today i.e. 27th may is the date of the IES ESE competitive exam. All the best to all the test takers!
  • Aman19994
    Aman19994
    Thank you for the above information.
  • hey
    hey
    is IES exam yes then are applicable for IT/CS students.. nd if yes then wat is syllabus for it.
  • Rajat Gaur
    Rajat Gaur
    my d.o.b is 07/08/97. Am I eligible to appear for IES 2018??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are many websites around that follow the model of FreeCharge. I have used the website many times and have received really good deals for recharging my phone through them....
Hi friends, In context to object oriented programming: - What is the difference between data abstraction and data encapsulation?Are they both implementing information hiding? 'A class encapsulates the methods and...
Newest entrant in the Android market is Passion 660 from PHICOMM, the brand from Shanghai Feixun Communication Co., Ltd. a Chinese enterprise that has launched several smartphones in India. The...
Every Mozilla Firefox user who has updated his/her installation from 38.0.4 to 38.0.5 today would have noticed some welcome additions to the third most popular internet browser in the world....
Noise cancelling or noise suppressing earphones help us minimise outside noise and enjoy music in silence. But what if you wanted a pair of earphones that enhance the sounds that...