Idea: Using images for user titles

guys instead of having names like admin,newbie..we can have a badge with the same name..is it not cool idea..do reply friends..and we can also add few more groups..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: idea

friendster7
    guys instead of having names like admin,newbie..we can have a badge with the same name..is it not cool idea..do reply friends..and we can also add few more groups..
    Hi Friendster, I guess you're talking about user titles. We've had brainstormed it couple of days back in the following thread -

#-Link-Snipped-#

I didn't really get what you want to say. Do you want graphical images instead of the text in user title?
  • friendster7
    friendster7

ya its like having graphical badges like Admin,Co-admin,Newbies,Big boys,Forum Moderators,cops,rockers..having names like this in a graphically created badges..we can add people to each group by their involvement in the forum..so it will be easy to search and cool to see to..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

friendster7
    ya its like having graphical badges like Admin,Co-admin,Newbies,Big boys,Forum Moderators,cops,rockers..having names like this in a graphically created badges..we can add people to each group by their involvement in the forum..so it will be easy to search and cool to see to..
    Definitely a good idea. However, there's some problem associated with using images.

Currently we display 20 posts per page. While every page loads, the images take the most time to show up. Now this forum uses many images [for buttons, header, logo, smilies etc.] Considering most of our users use an avatar, displaying avatar also takes some time.

Now, this all adds up in slowing down the page loading process. That's why we do not use images for the user titles.

Instead of using images, we may have different color codes for the user titles. If many of you insist, we'll implement the color codes for different user titles.

Keep brining in the good ideas! [โ€‹IMG]
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Well Big K ...wat should 1 hve to do to bcme Administrator or Moderator of CE?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    just2rock
    Well Big K ...wat should 1 hve to do to bcme Administrator or Moderator of CE?
    Very good question. I'll post a brief answer.

"Moderator" is not regular title. Since moderators have special rights, privileges and of course responsibilities, they are awarded to members who are around on forums for 'long' time, have shown an interest in helping other members, have added value to the forums, helped in promoting, have developed trust from the admin etc.

We'll need to begin our hunt for the CE Moderators soon. So watch out for the announcement.

Making someone an administrator is tricky. An admin can do anything he/she wishes except digging out user's passwords on forums. So this post is VERY critical. It will be a full time paid job, for sure.

Let me know if you want clarifications or have more questions on the topic.

ps: If you do, please start a new thread in our Suggestions Feedback section.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    ya the color will be a good idea..we can have this idea implemented..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi! Hope Someone can help me? Let me describe abt myself so u can guide me the right way, am a regular internet surfer but I dont have any knowledge...
CEans, Today, four crazy engineers from our community celebrate their birthday - Wishing Very HapPy & Prosperous Birthday to Ruhi, joe3204, Mahesh & aryadeb ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Party on! Folks! ๐ŸŽ‰ โ€‹
greetings fellow engineers i'm doin my bachelors in electronics and electrical.. someone please sugest ideas 4 my final year project.. it surgent..๐Ÿ˜•
hi there. im an electrical engineering student. can anyone give me somre information about SPACEWARP TECHNOLOGY?
Hey All techies, If you do have experience in working on Facebook applications, then do drop me a line. I am searching for 1-2 developers for a personal project of...