ic engine

how indicated mean effective pressure depend upon air capacity of ic engine and what is its formula?

Replies

• akakash
    akakash
    IMEP is inversely propotional to displaced the volume of the piston(i.e air capacity)
  • ankit kumar
    ankit kumar
    but imep depends upon the indicated power ,and indicated power depends upon thermal efficieny for a given air fuel ratio,and combustion is more effeicient upto some air capacity .then how can you say it is inversely proportion to air capacity.
    i have read one formula for imep ,can u explain:imep1/imep2 =(density of air *volumetric efficieny*mass flow rate of fuel*indicated thermal efficiency)1/(density of air *volumetric efficieny*mass flow rate of fuel*indicated thermal efficiency)2

explain the how it depend upon air capacity?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The smartphone featuring the world's first dual camera - Lenovo Vibe S1 has arrived in India. Featuring a curved Gorilla Glass on top of a sleek metal frame design, the...
I have 4year of experience in php. as well as having very good knowledge of jQuery, CSS, JSON. And i am ready with my own application related for business promotion...
Growing up in a liberal Jain family in Indore, Bharat Patodi was allowed to question everything around him. Their six member family had cousins and guests coming over all the...
News has changed so much in the last decade. In the 90’s you had that one trusted news bulletin at nine in the evening that provided the day’s news in...
I am 32year old.Can i join cdac(c cat) courses.This is good for my carrier or not.I have 3 year experience in SEO and 1 Year exp in .net.But currently i...