I want to switch my career from marketing to testing domain.

hello everyone

I had complete my B.tech(information technology) in 2012 ,Due to need n in proper suggestion i had joined in karvy computer shares ltd and worked for 8 months for less salary and switched to another i.e shriram general insurance co ltd as marketing executive working since 1 year 3months (still working) mean while i have learned testing(manual and automation,tools:QTP) from talent sprint and done my ISTQB Certification successfully.
Please let me know that my marketing(insurance) experience will count at the time of applying new job in testing or else have to apply as fresher ? can i mention my experience in resume ? i am so much confused about this.
is my marketing skills is useful for testing domain ?
Eagerly waiting for your reply .............................

any body there please give me suggestion .................

Replies

• nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    any body there please give me suggestion .................
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Marketing and testing both are completely different domains,So according to me the only thing counted will be that at least you have done job.
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    aslijatinasija
    Marketing and testing both are completely different domains,So according to me the only thing counted will be that at least you have done job.
    ThankQ aslijatinasija

I want to quit my present job (Marketing) and concentrate completely on testing domain.
    Interview should attend as Fresher ?
    how is present trend on testing domain ? is jobs available ?
    please suggest me its right time switch to testing domain.
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Nagadeep Nemuri
    how is present trend on testing domain ? is jobs available ?
    See there are always problems for freshers to find a particular desired job ,but in the time you are learning ,keep applying for jobs,fresher and experience both ,it depend on companies how they treat as a fresher or experience,and your marketing experience surely counted as a plus point ๐Ÿ˜€
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    aslijatinasija
    marketing experience surely counted as a plus point ๐Ÿ˜€
    ThankQ aslijatinasija
    Can i mention my marketing experience in my resume and try for testing job?
    or else normally try as fresher ?
    I am confused about this.๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Mention your experience ,but try for testing job .which asks for fresher experience
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Nagadeep Nemuri
    Can i mention my marketing experience in my resume and try for testing job?
    You should proudly mention whatever you have done! There is nothing odd, if someone has done some work earning some bucks to support himself. There is nothing wrong, if a candidate wants to change domain as per his/her choice. Thanks.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Nagadeep Nemuri
    I had complete my B.tech(information technology) in 2012
    Now, this might create an issue. You will have compromise on salary. Try to convince the interviewer. Hope, you crack one.
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    Koushal Patel
    Now, this might create an issue. You will have compromise on salary. Try to convince the interviewer. Hope, you crack one.
    ThankQ so much koushal patel ...

Please let me know that form which place(location) we can expect more openings in testing domain ....?
    ISTQB Certification will weight my resume comparing to others...?
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    aslijatinasija
    Mention your experience ,but try for testing job .which asks for fresher experience
    ThankQ

I am trying but when i was updating my details in monster,naukri sites for job openings they are sending on marketing maximum but only less number of testing available.....
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Nagadeep Nemuri
    which place(location)
    Alsmost every bit cities like Banglore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai have openings. Depends upon, where you want to apply. If you are applying as a freshers, it hardly bothers. Just make an entry into IT. After that, you can choose domains.
    Nagadeep Nemuri
    ISTQB Certification will weight my resume comparing to others...?
    I am not a tester. So letting #-Link-Snipped-# decide, who in this forum is the best person to answer this. Thanks.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging testing experts: #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Your experience may not count in testing arena;

However even before suggesting just a question, what make you think that testing will pay you enough money that marketing can not guarantee you?
    You had spent some good time in marketing, I would suggest that if you do not have your reservations in marketing purse your career in the same field, I am assuring you marketing will never sun-set; but testing (software industry) is going to face tough time very soon (in 10-15 years).

let me know if you need any specific help.
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    Anil Jain
    Your experience may not count in testing arena;

However even before suggesting just a question, what make you think that testing will pay you enough money that marketing can not guarantee you?
    You had spent some good time in marketing, I would suggest that if you do not have your reservations in marketing purse your career in the same field, I am assuring you marketing will never sun-set; but testing (software industry) is going to face tough time very soon (in 10-15 years).

let me know if you need any specific help.

ThankQ aniljain.
    after finishing my b.tech i have never think about my career and joined in marketing and gained 1 year experience and still working but now i have thought that for my self marketing is not suitable for me(because its field job) and started learning testing(because not interested in programming)in talent sprint and completed ISTQB Certification.In marketing i cant able to develop new thinks(skills) so decided to startup in IT sector.

Please suggest me.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Upload your resume with job portals and start appearing for interviews. If you have consolidated your mind to make an entry into IT, try for it through recruitment process. The best way to know what is the active topic in market, just go through the potential job description for testing. That will help.
    Let us hear in case you are getting any issues.
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    thanks koushal patel ....i will come back with good job ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    See the 2014 year was full of adoption -acceptance of social media platforms, mergers and acquisitions , also with rapid advancement in mobile and cloud technologies,more demand to better improved connectivity , go access to information and what not..all these are making business .. Top priorities of companies is and will be still 'cost optimization' but quality and reliability are given equal or i would more attention.
    So I don't think there will be any deviation/decrease number in software testing as of now ...going by this trend. And I have read somewhere that most of the organizations are allocating more than 40 percent of their IT budget towards quality assurance and software testing domains.
    So selecting this domain is not wrong choice.
    Coming to your profile you have good exp in marketing and also you are certified ISTQB professional , so getting into this domain wont be much heck for you.
    You will only need a entry. Rest I guess you will comfortably manage.
    I think you can add all of your exp and interest to your resume and try out sending your resume to diff. companies by reference.
  • nagadeep nemuri
    nagadeep nemuri
    ThankQ so much Frooty ...i got so many points. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai,i have started working on my project on cancer detection.i have calculated kurtosis,skewness of the cancer region.can any one pls help me in code for comparing the region.
Video-sharing giant YouTube has brought virtual reality now to actual reality. Although not as quite as effective, but YouTube has brought what it had promised back in January. YouTube has...
Among the many products in the portfolio of Intex Technologies' televisions now stands a new 32-inch LED TV with HD resolution (1366 X 768 pixel). The 80 cm television comes...
Hi all, I recently got my new job where for the first 3 months I have been working as a intern under Software developer.But,due to my low performance because of...
March 03 is famous for two things- Albert Einstein's birthday and it's also Pi day. Wishing a very Happy Pi Day to all! This year's pi day can be represented...