I want to make a Drone ,, Help plzzz

I want to know ,,, If i use dc motors (which are dc motor cum power generator).. will it be enough for lifting up a structure (Quadcopter). i mean, do i need any other light wight motor?

index

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Discussion moved to Robotics section 😀
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    follow the magpi

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    For lifting an object the motor should lift it's own weight first. The motors you posted above are general DC motors and they can't even bear their own weight. For lifting weights you may go to DC Brushless motors which will give Higher speeds in Thousands of RPM and it will be good to lift objects and control them in air like Quad-Copters, etc., But for controlling DC-Brushless motors you need special drives like ESC's(Electronic Speed Controllers) and all the equippment for constructing a simple flying object may cost too high. But DC-Brushless motors are very efficient with very higher speeds and very lesser weights when compared to other motors of its kind. Also they require minimum operating voltages and you may operate your flying object smartly by using RF technology and RF Remotes and you can select remote Frequency of your need. Regardless of the type of the flying object whether its a drome, quad copter, or ornothoopter, you can use this motors for all the flying objects with no objection.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax India has launched a new smartphone titled 'Micromax Canvas Knight Cameo A290' priced at Rs. 11,999, which features a 4.7 inch HD, IPS screen and a 1.4 GHz TRU-Octacore...
NASA's Stardust space probe was launched in 1999, with the primary goal to collect samples of a comet dust and return them to Earth for analysis. But, during the spacecraft’s...
Researchers at the Santa Catarina State University in Brazil have developed a software and hardware solution for your car that is able to detect and warn you when you are...
what is bentonite? and why do we use it in DMC piling?
what will be the effect of back rotation of one centrifugal pump on another pump running in parallel if suction is in vaccum