i need your advice

hello friends... i am a third year IT student.. we are given a project to be made in java where we are suppose to connect a database with GUI. generally students go for student's database or some ticket booking kind of stuff. i want to make some interesting database...i am thinking of making a matrimonial kind of thing where there will profiles for girls and guys and we can shortlist them according to our preferences...something that these kind of sites are used for...i want your advice that whether its ok for an engineer to make such a kind of database..?? because it sounds really funny to all my friends.....๐Ÿ˜›.....or you can suggest me something interesting....thanks..!!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shilpi_goel
    hello friends... i am a third year IT student.. we are given a project to be made in java where we are suppose to connect a database with GUI. generally students go for student's database or some ticket booking kind of stuff. i want to make some interesting database...i am thinking of making a matrimonial kind of thing where there will profiles for girls and guys and we can shortlist them according to our preferences...something that these kind of sites are used for...i want your advice that whether its ok for an engineer to make such a kind of database..?? because it sounds really funny to all my friends.....๐Ÿ˜›.....or you can suggest me something interesting....thanks..!!
    Shilpi - if not engineers; who else is going to create new & interesting stuff? Just go ahead with your ideas. At least, your project will be different from regular, run of the mill projects like backup utility & reservation system.

Do share your progress with us. [โ€‹IMG]
  • shilpi_goel
    shilpi_goel
    Thanx a lot for your encouraging words...!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You know, you can try creating the algorithms to make the perfect "match", or at least some suggestions ๐Ÿ˜›

I wonder, can love ever be expressed as mathematical equations? hmm..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I wonder, can love ever be expressed as mathematical equations? hmm..
    [spam]

Yes ash. You know E = mc[sup]2[/sup] is all about love. Energy <-> Mass . Its too complicated, you won't understand ๐Ÿ˜›

[/spam]

Yeah, I vote for "recommended match" feature [โ€‹IMG]
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Matrimonial database is a good option!!!why dont ya put some interesting options like....employer,location preference,family references and secret information accessible only when paid!!!
  • shilpi_goel
    shilpi_goel
    Thanx a lot for your valuable suggestions.........!!!!
    i would definitely try to implement them in my project....though i am not sure about whether i would be able to make "perfect matches"!!!๐Ÿ˜‰
    thanx guys...!!!!
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Marraiges are made in heaven,even age-old methoads cant ensure perfect match,wat u can do is find the desire match,rest upto those couple to make it succesfull....make a good matri-monial site!!!i wud definately find my mathc in your database!!!
  • yudi
    yudi
    hi shilpi
    ur idea of project is new & cool coz generaly we are expected to make some sort of management systems aka liberary,bank (i am fed up with that).

as an engineer (which mean the fabricator, God is also an engineer) you may be asked to make anything so one engineer should be prepared for any situation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

m student of final ...m swant to start my final yaer project in Speech Enhancement...plz help me in that ...plz tell me abt latest resecrch paper on it... thanx regards
Hi all.. i am a college student and doing a project on license plate recognition system...i had finished the program..but the problem now is to find suitable hardware for real-time...
Cross posted from : Wisdom in hindsight If experts are to be believed, the Indian economy is entering a phase where money will be slightly tighter than a year ago,...
Hi Guys, Guess Who - What - Where? Game Post an Image and the next CEan Guesses, where if it's a location, what if it's a machine or something, Who...
hi everybody, i'am a new comer and i ask this question as to how to start with a paper presentation i have no idea about what it is but want...