I need help with a levitator.

I was thinking of designing a levitator.
so the problem i face is the air pressure that must be generated under the levitator in order to lift it (not considering side-drift), does anybody have a formula for this ,
It would be preferable if some one could lend a relation with subsitutable variables...

Replies

• ph_kosel
    ph_kosel
    pressure = weightSupported/baseArea;

I assume you're talking about air cushion pallets, etc.

Be advised that power draw goes up as vehicle rises, power available will limit height. Too little and you won't clear the bumps in the floor or road, too much and I suppose you get a vertical takeoff aircraft.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a device that sends a stream of data to an ECU. The data is NOT RS232, it is simple async 8N1, with a logic '0' represented by 12v...
hi i am rupoc please any one tell me how to interface steper motor to computer😕
Well this is basically reagrding the post ive made for the polluted sea thing, So could you give a list of substances which act as absorbents towards the impurities present...

Hi

Hi This Is Arun...live In Delhi But Currently Doin Btech Frm Jaipur....i Reallly Want Help Frm You Guyz..........i Wana Become Successful In Life....i Hope To Get Help From U Guyz........
What is the difference between a computer science engineering and information technolgy??????? If i m asked such a question by interviewer what should i say???????