Hybrid Car

Hello friends,
I am thinking about a hybrid car. Its front wheel will be powered by an engine and rear wheels will be powered by an electric motor. If anybody interested please leave your comments

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its seems good by the idea of driving front and back separately using different modes of power source and i had never thought or heard about a automobile which is operated like your idea.They use individual power source at a time but i have no idea about about efficiency or effect about it.

If you ask me i don't think it would be efficient .
    Brief about the advantages that you May get by this combo?
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    If car will drive by the engine in between battery oh the motor will charge automatically after that car will indicate you about full charge then you can shout down your engine and can use battery power.you can get more Mileage .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am afraid that there is no free lunch. Ultimately the second law of thermodynamics will lead to poorer fuel efficiency.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Car battery also can be charge by solar energy if there is no fuel in the car and stuck somewhere just switch to battery power and move.
    These type of hybrid cars already exists but please explain the idea of driving front by engine and rear by battery?
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir, Your take on his idea ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurwinder Singh
    Car battery also can be charge by solar energy if there is no fuel in the car and stuck somewhere just switch to battery power and move.
    Mahindra e2O Reva has a solar charging option.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    As some cars front wheel drive powers by engine. And rear wheels of car are free. There is no need to change with car's engine or front drive. Just attach a differential in rear wheel and a motor.( Example :- Maruti 800 is a front wheel drive and Maruti Omni is rear wheel drive. Now what can do take out the Omni's rear drive and attach to back side of Maruti 800. One motor fix in boot space of Maruti 800 and connect to rear wheel. Now car can be drive as normal by front wheels but when ever you want drive with battery put the front wheels in neutral and switch motor on. Now accelerator pedal can be use to control motor. I have some more ideas but don't have any partner and don't know where to disclose.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    These type of hybrid cars already exists but please explain the idea of driving front by engine and rear by battery?
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir, Your take on his idea ?
    If you have two different drive trains then the over all efficiency comes down. It may be better to have one train and two power sources.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Sir when ever it will use one power source other one will be totally free with help oh gear box

One more Idea I have:-
    Emergency braking system :- it is a braking system which work in case of emergency brake. A piece of rubber(2*2 ft) will fit under your vehicle(bottom of the vehicle). How its work :- when your apply a emergency brake and your vehicle not going to slow down and starts skidding on the road. Then emergency braking system will activate. And a piece of rubber will touch the ground with all wheels of vehicle and vehicle will stop with more friction.(this system work as 4 more tyres touching to the ground) Operation of system :- operation of system will automatic. Adjustment can be done. Timing of operation can be change. Exp:- suppose I select 5 sec. Then operation of system will start after 5 sec of applying of full brake. Means if i am going on 60 kmph and i apply full brake paddle for 5 sec and my vehicle starts skidding on the road then system will activate. (ABS less effective on skidding surface or slippery surface so it will work with ABS also )
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Guruwinder, the idea of an auto emergency brake is similar to the old dead man's handle concept. It is a creative idea.
    Dead Man's Switch
    However, your idea of a 2'x2' pad is difficult to implement. Unless the road has a perfectly flat surface over such a large area, which is very unlikely, the pad will touch only high points. If the car is skidding with regular brakes on, it means that the friction coefficient between rubber and road has become less. Having one more rubber will not help much. Five secs may be too long since a fast moving car with non working brakes can move quite far in five seconds.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Thank you, you are right sir but timing of operation can be adjust. One rubber pad will have equal surface as 4 or more tyres touching on the road, depends on the size of the rubber. If rubber piece slightly up from front side and have some flexibility to move up down can adjust itself as per the road condition.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurwinder Singh
    If rubber piece slightly up from front side and have some flexibility to move up down can adjust itself as per the road condition.
    The issue has to do with the friction coefficient. On a skidding surface this is not under control. You can consider a system where a wheel with metal spokes/pins comes down and rams into the road surface. This wheel has a regular brake pad in a protective enclosure. The metal pins jam the road surface. The torque is absorbed by the brake drum. Since the pins work by mechanical locking, friction coefficient is irrelevant.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    OK right sir but it can damage the road.
    A.V.Ramani
    The issue has to do with the friction coefficient. On a skidding surface this is not under control. You can consider a system where a wheel with metal spokes/pins comes down and rams into the road surface. This wheel has a regular brake pad in a protective enclosure. The metal pins jam the road surface. The torque is absorbed by the brake drum. Since the pins work by mechanical locking, friction coefficient is irrelevant.
    Sorry sir, I didnt understand your concept.If you free, please give s brief in it. Will the spokes tear the rubber tyre to make to road surface? We should also consider that new wheels are spokeless and come in cool alloy variant.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurwinder Singh
    OK right sir but it can damage the road.
    You are very right. It might. This is acceptable if lives are saved.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    It is also a big point.

I am Govt. Employee and also doing Automobile Engineering. I am very found of automobile stream and want to do something new. I hope I will do it.
    Sir i am very thankful to you for discuss about this and give me suggestions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sorry sir, I didnt understand your concept.If you free, please give s brief in it. Will the spokes tear the rubber tyre to make to road surface? We should also consider that new wheels are spokeless and come in cool alloy variant.
    This is a fifth wheel that is above the road level and does not touch the road. It is brought down to the road by a brake linked hydraulic mechanism. This is deployed only if the brake fails to act. Some sort of deceleration sensor must be used to decide such brake failure and activate this automatically.

There is a lot of work needed in designing a compact system at an acceptable cost. It is a fail safe system and can be used only once. After one use requires replacement.
    A.V.Ramani
    This is a fifth wheel that is above the road level and does not touch the road. It is brought down to the road by a brake linked hydraulic mechanism. This is deployed only if the brake fails to act. Some sort of deceleration sensor must be used to decide such brake failure and activate this automatically.

There is a lot of work needed in designing a compact system at an acceptable cost. It is a fail safe system and can be used only once. After one use requires replacement.
    Thanks for information Sir.Is this available in any car ? or a concept?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thanks for information Sir.Is this available in any car ? or a concept?
    It is not. It is a modification of Guriwinder's idea of an automatic override for brake failure.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Sir I am trying to patent this idea. Please advice sir should go for it?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ideas can't be patented, Inventions are patented. You have to give a physical form to your idea.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    OK sir thank you, but kindly guide me after that how can I prove its my idea and how it will be beneficial to me?
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Anybody is there who can give guidance about this?
    Please
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurwinder Singh
    Anybody is there who can give guidance about this?
    Please
    There are many discussions in CE on this.
    Please check these:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    my idea "EMERGENCY BRAKING SYSTEM" GOT PATENT in US with name Vehicle Emergency Brakebrake3. :-(
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    its work on same system as i explain
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Toyota Yaris Hybrid-R revealed September 10th, 2013 by Dan Strong The Toyota Yaris Hybrid-R concept has been revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show – The sensational Toyota Hybrid-R concept car has made its public debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.The Hybrid-R’s 420bhp turbocharged petrol-electric powertrain offers a glimpse of future hybrid engine technology – demonstrating ways in which it can delivermore than fuel efficiency and low emissions.The three-door “super” supermini pairs a 300bhp 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine with two 60bhp electric motors to provide four-wheel drive – improving cornering speed and stability.Unveiling the car, Didier Leroy, President and CEO of Toyota Motor Europe said; “We are the only manufacturer who could take such a bold step… The fact is, more and more people are buying our Hybrid cars.”“But despite this success, we must continue to focus on delivering excitementand passion. Key to our success on track is our Hybrid Racing System engine. So, we started to dream about how this enginecould work in a road car – and this is the result. The Toyota Yaris Hybrid-R.”“We are the the World undisputed hybrid leaders. I can promise that this is a position we will maintain.”Mr Leroy was joined on stage by Daniele Scholachi, Vice President at Toyota Motor Europe, who continued; “We believe this car could have two driving modes, one for track and one for road.”“However it is used, we are sure that it could put a big smile on the face of the driver By combining this impressive power output with an advanced traction control system, the Yaris Hybrid-R also explores the idea that by controlling the speed of individual wheels, The Hybrid-R’s speed, stability and safety can all be increased together.Though there are no plans to put the Yaris Hybrid-R into production, the way in whichits hybrid engine works offers an insight into possible future development options for petrol-electric powertrain technology.The front wheels are powered by the race developed, turbocharged engine while those at the rear are each individually driven by a 60hp electric motor – the same as those used in the standardYaris Hybrid.Uniquely, a third electric motor also features, and is mounted on this car’s six-speed sequential gearbox. This 60hp motor provides no extra drive, but works as a generator during deceleration to recover energy from braking. During acceleration it sends electricity to power the rear electric motors.Inspired by technology developed for theTS030 Hybrid Le Mans car, the supercapacitor has been shown to be perfectly suited to the requirements of driving on track, which requires brief and immediate bursts of power.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    The front wheels are powered by the race developed, turbocharged engine while those at the rear are each individually driven by a 60hp electric motor
  • DADISETTY GOVIND
    DADISETTY GOVIND
    My seniors done a same project but on bike,they got 120 miles for a litre
  • Gurivi Reddy P
    Gurivi Reddy P
    Gurwinder Singh
    Thank you, you are right sir but timing of operation can be adjust. One rubber pad will have equal surface as 4 or more tyres touching on the road, depends on the size of the rubber. If rubber piece slightly up from front side and have some flexibility to move up down can adjust itself as per the road condition.
    Hi,
    any thoughts about using regenerative braking system under emergency conditions??
    this should help in improving overall efficiency.
    Gurivi Reddy P
    Hi,
    any thoughts about using regenerative braking system under emergency conditions??
    this should help in improving overall efficiency.
    In regenerative braking system the energy produced during friction between pads will be saved for future use but how can it be used during emergency times. Correct me if I am wrong.
    So regenerative braking system is just similar to normal brakes except by the fact that you save the wasted heat energy and convert it to electric energy and save it in battery for future use.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    So regenerative braking system is just similar to normal brakes except by the fact that you save the wasted heat energy and convert it to electric energy and save it in battery for future use.
    That is not quite how it is done. In regenerative braking the momentum of the vehicle drives a generator, which charges the battery. However, this is a slow process and does not serve as an emergency brake. For this the conventional brakes are used. Actually if the brake pedal is partially depressed, regenerative braking is applied and the vehicle slows down. If the pedal is fully depressed regular brakes get applied.
  • Gurivi Reddy P
    Gurivi Reddy P
    A.V.Ramani
    That is not quite how it is done. In regenerative braking the momentum of the vehicle drives a generator, which charges the battery. However, this is a slow process and does not serve as an emergency brake. For this the conventional brakes are used. Actually if the brake pedal is partially depressed, regenerative braking is applied and the vehicle slows down. If the pedal is fully depressed regular brakes get applied.
    Hi,
    Regenerative breaking system works better on high speed - sudden breaking.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    Gurivi Reddy P
    Hi,
    You are right but for how much time(4-5sec)? How much energy you will save in these 5 sec and 2nd thing if you are using brake on high speed for more time then you are also loosing the more energy.
    A.V.Ramani
    Thanks for correcting me sir.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurivi Reddy P
    Hi,
    Regenerative braking is disconnected on sudden braking. It is not an emergency process.

How Regenerative Braking Works | HowStuffWorks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's Advanced Technologies and Projects (ATAP) division has unveiled a developer edition tablet for its 3D mapping initiative, Project Tango. As you might be aware Google had announced details about...
Hello friends I have an idea regarding braking system. Emergency braking system :- it is a braking system which work in case of emergency brake. A piece of rubber(2*2 ft)...
Hydraulic or electrical jack should be fixed near to all wheels of car. So that you have to just push a button and car will be lift automatically. Save your...
How to get started in Django?
I ordered two packets of Tulsi Ginger tea bags from Amazon.in and while the packets are small; the box in which they arrived is at least 8x larger than the...