Hunting for interns @ VNIT Consortium 2014

As promised, here's the first ever 'behind the scenes' blog post on all the happenings at CrazyEngineers. In December 2013; we received an invite from the organisers at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology at Nagpur to participate in the Consortium 2014 and hire VNITians for summer internship at CrazyEngineers. We gladly accepted it.

Hiring is a very tricky business at startups. We want absolutely best people and are extremely proud of our team at CrazyEngineers - and our expectations from anyone who's looking to join the core team are extremely high. I'd say we look for people who are smarter than all of us here - and that makes things tougher ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

The event was scheduled in the evening in the beautiful VNIT campus; and began as soon as the chief guest, Mr. Shashikant Chaudhari (MD of GlobalLogic Inc.) arrived. After the keynote and address by the dignitaries; we were called on the stage and @#-Link-Snipped-# delivered the talk & described the selection procedure-

VNIT
โ€‹
Since I was in-charge of advancing the slides on Ankita's commands, I couldn't really move away from the laptop and click better photos. I think there were about 300+ students in the auditorium and we did receive a good response. The students were given a deadline to submit their applications and they had to pull an all-nighter to apply.

Just after Ankita's talk, we had a pleasant surprise. Our oldie CEan - @#-Link-Snipped-# approached us and introduced! We had a great chat and we totally forgot clicking photographs with him. We listened to an inspiring presentation from CEan @#-Link-Snipped-# - who's got ambitious plans to let all of us charge our mobile phones and gadgets right from our shoes. His mobile shoe charger has received lot of accolades from all over the world.

We had to abort the event and we did miss the presentation on an interesting project by CEan - @#-Link-Snipped-# - called 'Project Lincoln'; a batpod! I've asked Abhijeet to share his project details with us.

It's always great to meet CEans and talk about how CE's fostered friendships and associations. We hope we'll keep on stumbling upon CEans at random!

PS: This blog will get better with time. But all your questions, feedback, bricks and flowers are all welcome ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, this blog will be fueled by your comments. So don't shy away from posting your thoughts.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Awesome!

On a side note, Thank you Kaustubh for showing me my college auditorium after such a long time. Naustaligic.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    looking forward for @#-Link-Snipped-# - 'Project Lincoln';
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anil Jain
    Awesome!

On a side note, Thank you Kaustubh for showing me my college auditorium after such a long time. Naustaligic.
    Apparently @#-Link-Snipped-# felt great (her slide reflects her emotions, I think).
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Interns for Web Designing or some other work?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Interns for Web Designing or some other work?
    We were looking for interns to join our blogging team as well as for the developer role. We ditched the developer roles and only announced blogging role.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    good work @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The crowd was huge! ๐Ÿ˜€ It felt good to present CE before people in person.
    I think we should do it more.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What should our next blog post be about? Any ideas, CEans?
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    ๐Ÿ˜•
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    awesome!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ArthaKranti - a Pune based organisation has been proposing an alternative to the flawed taxation system in India. The proposal simplifies the entire taxation system to just on type of...
Hello everyone. I am Aditi. I did B.Tech in ECE in 2011. after that I worked at IIT Delhi as Project Associate for 8 months. I am interested in networking....
I think Playstation 4 is now available in most of the regions across the world. I'm curious to know how many of you have bought the Playstation 4 and how's...
Tata Nano - the people's car is back in 2014 with a power steering. Yep, today the Tata's have launched the new variant of the best mileage small car with...
hi what is this course about and how is it usable for future jobs..............or any industrial applications.........