Hunt For India's Best Projects Contest - Questions and Answers

Notice to contestants: If you have submitted your entry, you should've received a confirmation email regarding it. If you haven't received it, you can contact us at #-Link-Snipped-#

Stage I Deadline is 28th February March 10, 2015 (11:59 PM, IST)
List of Short-Listed Contestants will be declared by March 10 15, 2015.

โ€‹
Answers to the frequently asked questions (FAQs)
โ€‹
1. Can I submit my entry again?
No. Every Individual or Team can submit their entry only once. We recommend that you check and re-check the details you've entered in the form before you click on the 'Submit' button.

2. Can we add/remove a member to the team after submitting the entry?
Unfortunately, no. Please confirm with your team members if all their names can be added. Once submitted, you can't change the group members.

3. What will be the venue of the contest?
The nature of the contest is completely online and the venue is:CrazyEngineers

4. Do I need to share the code written for my project?
No. No where in the course of the contest are you supposed to share the code.
You only need to present the idea and any details you find relevant. You can mention the technologies you are working on and why you chose them. We will ask relevant questions to you if you are selected for Round-II.

If you have any questions or doubts about the contest, you may ask them below.
We will read and respond to your queries as soon as possible!

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Couple Of Questions :
    - What if one member is not interested in registering in CE. But another one is very much motivated in participating ? Adding to it, most of the development is done by one who want to join competition & another one is just for paperwork. Also 100% development & coding is done by one who is joining competition.

- Is it really mandatory to have video demonstration ? I don't own good camera nor mic. Does the video recorded using smartphones will do ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    What if one member is not interested in registering in CE. But another one is very much motivated in participating ? Adding to it, most of the development is done by one who want to join competition & another one is just for paperwork. Also 100% development & coding is done by one who is joining competition.
    Entire team must be registered on CrazyEngineers. If all the team members are not interested in registering on CrazyEngineers, they may allow the representative to apply as an individual. However, if the project qualifies for round 2, entire presentation will have to be done only by the individual applicant.

That is, if you are applying as an individual; you cannot have a team afterwards. Similarly, if you are participating as a team; you cannot have a solo presenter in the video round. Note that third round of elimination may be introduced if required; which will involve question/answer with the team.

First stage eliminations will be based on ideas only, based on the responses provided by the participant in the submission form. This stage does not give any credit to status of completion.

Abhishek Rawal
    - Is it really mandatory to have video demonstration ? I don't own good camera nor mic. Does the video recorded using smartphones will do ?
    This is a projects competition and NOT a video making competition. You can record video using any camera as decent levels of clarity is maintained. The same applies to the audio quality. If audio quality is BAD, add sub-titles.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Awesome. Thanks a lot for fast response #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ‘
  • TAMIL AZHAGAR
    TAMIL AZHAGAR
    what about the project mentor? can we provide our college staff as mentor? if we do so, do you contact him about the project?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tamilazhagan
    what about the project mentor? can we provide our college staff as mentor? if we do so, do you contact him about the project?
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-# Yep, you can add your college staff as your project mentor.
    We will be contacting him/her in case we have any queries (only when your project is shortlisted for Stage II).
  • TAMIL AZHAGAR
    TAMIL AZHAGAR
    thank you ankita mam...
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Whenever it is a competition, I automatically get soaked into it. The difficulty here is the ROLE. I am in little dilemma whether to mentor couple of teams, or just enjoy the contest from outside!!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Whenever it is a competition, I automatically get soaked into it. The difficulty here is the ROLE. I am in little dilemma whether to mentor couple of teams, or just enjoy the contest from outside!!!!!!
    If you are mentoring academic projects, we'd love to have all of them participate in the contest. Help the competition reach out to as many engineering students in India as you can.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you are mentoring academic projects, we'd love to have all of them participate in the contest. Help the competition reach out to as many engineering students in India as you can.
    Kaustav as you know, I have literally stopped guiding students barring few whom I handpick now ( for about last two years). I feel these bunch of engineers are my gift to industry. Though student project is no more part of Integrated Ideas's economy, working with some talented young engineers is always fun.

I would surely have a deep look into it and count me in to spread the message. We stand for CE.
    By the way, 27.01, I am finishing my PhD exams. Would slog it out post that!
  • AKHIL RAJ
    AKHIL RAJ
    Is it mandatory that the applicant himself should present the video? Can the video presentation be done by any one of the group members?
    How do we know that we have been selected or not?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Akhil R
    Is it mandatory that the applicant himself should present the video? Can the video presentation be done by any one of the group members?

The specific instructions for the shortlisted candidates of round one will be posted at appropriate time. However -
    • In case of individual entry - the participant will have to present the video himself or herself.
    • In case of group entry - we expect the presentation to be done by one person or more from the group. Wait for the specific instructions.

Akhil R
    How do we know that we have been selected or not?
    Every shortlisted individual/group will be informed via email and through announcement on the site.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Are only final year students eligible or lower semester/ Diploma students can also participate?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Are only final year students eligible or lower semester/ Diploma students can also participate?
    Only the engineering students in third and final year of 4-year engineering course (BE/B.Tech) are eligible to participate in the competition.
  • Durgajagapathiraju R
    Durgajagapathiraju R
    Hello mam/Sir,
    I would like to know weather this project is live project or uploading our thought in the form of a video?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Durgajagapathiraju R
    Hello mam/Sir,
    I would like to know weather this project is live project or uploading our thought in the form of a video?
    Have you read the instructions? It's for 'academic projects' that are part of your curriculum. Does your college/university allow you to submit 'ideas' without doing any actual work on the project?

We are only accepting the projects that are being worked on as a part of engineering course. If all you have are ideas; this isn't the contest for you.
  • Durgajagapathiraju R
    Durgajagapathiraju R
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you read the instructions? It's for 'academic projects' that are part of your curriculum. Does your college/university allow you to submit 'ideas' without doing any actual work on the project?

We are only accepting the projects that are being worked on as a part of engineering course. If all you have are ideas; this isn't the contest for you.
    Sir
    I have done one project at a workshop conducted at my college.it is not a major or minor project.can i come up with that?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Durgajagapathiraju R
    Sir
    I have done one project at a workshop conducted at my college.it is not a major or minor project.can i come up with that?
    Please read the instructions.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Durgajagapathiraju To put it simply, if the project is a part of your academics and are a part of 3rd or Final year (B.E./B.Tech), you may submit it. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Salman Nizarudin
    Salman Nizarudin
    At the given moment our team hasn't reached the fabrication part. We are currently going through literature survey with design iterations of our expected product. By video presentation is it necessary to show up our completed prototype or would a paper/journal presentation model do?? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Your entry has been received. Details about the Round Number 2 will be disclosed at an appropriate time. No points for guessing that a completed project has an edge over others and you have two more months to achieve that, but we would love to see the project in whatever state it can be presented if you are shortlisted.
  • Salman Nizarudin
    Salman Nizarudin
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Your entry has been received. Details about the Round Number 2 will be disclosed at an appropriate time. No points for guessing that a completed project has an edge over others and you have two more months to achieve that, but we would love to see the project in whatever state it can be presented if you are shortlisted.
    Thank u!! We are working at our full capacity. Let us hope everything turns out as expected!! B)
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Can non-participants see the project entries? Is there a separate thread?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Shashank Moghe
    Can non-participants see the project entries? Is there a separate thread?
    Yes. Entries will be made public as soon as the round 1 ends after appropriate confirmation from participants. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of students were not able to find the link to get to the form. Therefore, it has now been updated in the notice.

All the best folks. ~ A month to go!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Answers to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) via email -

1. Can I submit my entry again?
    No. Every Individual or Team can submit their entry only once. We recommend that you check and re-check the details you've entered in the form before you click on the 'Submit' button.

2. Can we add/remove a member to the team after submitting the entry?
    Unfortunately, no. Please confirm with your team members if all their names can be added. Once submitted, you can't change the group members.

3. What will be the venue of the contest?
    The nature of the contest is completely online and the venue is: CrazyEngineers

4. Do I need to share the code written for my project?
    No. No where in the course of the contest are you supposed to share the code.
    You only need to present the idea and any details you find relevant. You can mention the technologies you are working on and why you chose them. We will ask relevant questions to you if you are selected for Round-II.
  • sontypro
    sontypro
    we are engineering third year students. the project we wish to participate with, is not for any academics related to our college. we are working on it individually and it has nothing to do with college. now my question is.. can we participate with such project which are not made for college academics though we are engg. students?โ€‹
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If your team is currently pursuing third year engineering, we see no harm in letting you participate. Go through the rules and the form details.
    In the application form: #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is mandatory that you mention your project guide's name and that can't be altered. So, do as you see fit and submit your entry. All the best.

PS: Appropriate background checks will be done if and when your team is shortlisted.
  • sontypro
    sontypro
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# If your team is currently pursuing third year engineering, we see no harm in letting you participate. Go through the rules and the form details.
    In the application form: #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is mandatory that you mention your project guide's name and that can't be altered. So, do as you see fit and submit your entry. All the best.

PS: Appropriate background checks will be done if and when your team is shortlisted.
    mam, what is the meaning of academic project here?
    we are fulfilling all your eligibility criteria but are little confused with this term " academic project" .?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sontypro
    mam, what is the meaning of academic project here?
    we are fulfilling all your eligibility criteria but are little confused with this term " academic project" .?
    Academic projects are those which engineering students submit as a part of their curriculum. Every engineering college accepts these. If you want to participate, as I mentioned earlier, you can submit your entry. ๐Ÿ‘
  • sontypro
    sontypro
    Ankita Katdare
    Academic projects are those which engineering students submit as a part of their curriculum. Every engineering college accepts these. If you want to participate, as I mentioned earlier, you can submit your entry. ๐Ÿ‘
    thanks for your quick reply.
    it seems that we cannot participate as our college allow us to do cirriculum project (capstone) in the fourth year only. third year students do not have any capstone project in their curriculum.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Addition to Frequently Asked Questions:

1. We are in final year and we are doing our project in a PSU. Can we participate?

- The answer is yes. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Nikhil Baxi
    Nikhil Baxi
    sir , i have two projects one as individual and one as a group so can i submit it for both..?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nikhil baxi
    sir , i have two projects one as individual and one as a group so can i submit it for both..?
    The contest rules clearly mention that you may submit ONLY ONE project. If you submit your entry as an individual, you should not be a part of the group that submits the entry.
  • Revathi K.
    Revathi K.
    How will be the venue of the contest?
    when will be the contest start?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Revathi K.
    How will be the venue of the contest?
    when will be the contest start?
    The contest is already live and the last date of applications is March 10. It's a completely online event. Read all the details here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Revathi K.
    Revathi K.
    how will you conduct stage II with skype or Email attachment?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Revathi K.
    how will you conduct stage II with skype or Email attachment?
    Short-listed candidates will have to shoot a video and explain the project. The video will have to be uploaded to YouTube. Details will be shared shortly.
  • K R KISHAN
    K R KISHAN
    Dear sir/madam,
    My project with my team has got qualified with the round 1 and my doubt is that in the video round do i need to show the project prototype? If 'yes' then i have a plan to get my project a patent rights , so what can i do now?
  • Revathi K.
    Revathi K.
    how do i know my project selected in the contest?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    K R KISHAN
    Dear sir/madam,
    My project with my team has got qualified with the round 1 and my doubt is that in the video round do i need to show the project prototype? If 'yes' then i have a plan to get my project a patent rights , so what can i do now?
    I think we already made it clear that round II will require making video. If you are worried about patent rights, you should withdraw from the contest. If you want to get patent rights, you should do it right away before submitting the project to any open-platform competition.

You will have ample time to submit your video. If you apply for the patent rights; that should be enough for you to protect your project getting copied. Be aware that anything you put in the public domain will be prone to getting copied.

Note that the submitted projects will be brought into public domain for the video round. If you wish to withdraw from the competition; you may do so as soon as possible.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Revathi K.
    how do i know my project selected in the contest?
    As we've repeatedly informed, all the participants must keep an eye on the announcements section to get up to date information. We'll also inform all the short-listed candidates via email.
  • ARUNKUMAR G
    ARUNKUMAR G
    hello,sir
    Second round is an video Presentation Round
    that mean take the full report & project video demonstration is upload to your website or youtube
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Not sure what your question is. The instructions for Round II will be out soon. The videos will be needed to be uploaded on YouTube that's for sure.
  • ARUNKUMAR G
    ARUNKUMAR G
    hello sir,
    we are final year student, we need any request letter from college
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ARUNKUMAR G
    hello sir,
    we are final year student, we need any request letter from college
    Could you please explain your question? In order to participate in the competition, you do not need any official acknowledgement or confirmation from the college.
  • ARUNKUMAR G
    ARUNKUMAR G
    thank sir
  • Chandra mouli B
    Chandra mouli B
    I don't no my abstract submitted or not how can I conformed my self
  • nitinkumarrajput
    nitinkumarrajput
    SIR WHAT ALL TOPICS OR MAIN TITLE TO ADD IN PROJECT SUMMARY FOR PROJECT SATAGE 1
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chandra mouli B
    I don't no my abstract submitted or not how can I conformed my self
    This ->

Ankita Katdare
    Notice to contestants: If you have submitted your entry, you should've received a confirmation email regarding it. If you haven't received it, you can contact us at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nitinkumarrajput
    SIR WHAT ALL TOPICS OR MAIN TITLE TO ADD IN PROJECT SUMMARY FOR PROJECT SATAGE 1
    It's the title of the project you are working on. The summary of the project is a short description of what your project is all about. The entry submission form is self-explanatory.
  • nitinkumarrajput
    nitinkumarrajput
    sir/mam what is the exact format of report ,and is required to include the ckt diagram also
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nitinkumarrajput
    sir/mam what is the exact format of report ,and is required to include the ckt diagram also
    There is not format. You simply have to type the summary. You don't have to include circuit diagram and functioning in the summary itself.

Summary should typically include all the relevant information that tells us what the project is about, what it does etc.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    With hundreds of entries in each category, shortlisting has become a time-consuming process. โ˜• We are giving special attention for disqualifying copied (plagiarised) entries and have resolved to take only the best projects to Round II.

Stay tuned for today's list of shortlisted projects. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Sriram Venkatachalam
    Sriram Venkatachalam
    i need to submit my project,but it is showing number of response has exceeded,how can i submit my project?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sriram Venkatachalam
    i need to submit my project,but it is showing number of response has exceeded,how can i submit my project?
    If you are getting that message, it means that your entry has already been accepted. No need to submit the project again.
  • Chandra mouli B
    Chandra mouli B
    How we have to submit when u have to submit sur
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Chandra mouli B
    How we have to submit when u have to submit sur
    Please check the instructions here: Round II Guidelines - Hunt For India's Best Academic Project
  • Dilip Bhat
    Dilip Bhat
    Could you mention the last date for submission of video of our current working model. I've tried but I couldn't find it.. So, please
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Dilip Bhat
    Could you mention the last date for submission of video of our current working model. I've tried but I couldn't find it.. So, please
    It is 15th April, 2015.
  • Dilip Bhat
    Dilip Bhat
    Ankita Katdare
    It is 15th April, 2015.
    Sorry I found that thread right after posting query.. Sorry for disturbance
  • allu raviteja
    allu raviteja
    we have compleated the 70 percent of our project.But due to the financial status we cannot impliment further,it may take ample of time to compleate the project.can we present that 70% of our project?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Yes. You can definitely submit your entry for Round II.
    It has been stated in the guidelines -
    We would like to see the work done so far.
    Check format here: Round II Guidelines - Hunt For India's Best Academic Project
  • Bhuvan Pooja
    Bhuvan Pooja
    can you tall about final result date
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We are in the process of finalising the results. ๐Ÿ‘

The winners shall be declared on 1st of May 2015! All the best, everyone!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've 5 hoodies left from the batch ( 2 "M" size, 2 "L" size and 1 "XL" size). If anyone wants to own the hoodie; please write to store[at]crazyengineers[dot]com. Each...
Quote: Programming quantum computers is vastly different than programming conventional ones. To get a better idea of what it could be like, this article steps through the process of programming...
When designing a buildings AC system the cost of meeting current fresh air codes (well in the US) pushes the equipment design to the limit. The AC equipment gets to...
Running a 3 phase motor on a single phase electrical circuit. Can anyone tell me how it is done? It's important if you have a piece of machinery in the...
I want you to go to witts.ws web site. Look at the more power out vs power in application. Don't mind the religious talk. Then go on You Tube and...